Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Should a parent be forced to get a child immunized? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Should a parent be forced to get a child immunized? by blackrams
Started on: 06-30-2015 08:17 AM
Replies: 67 (1233 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 06-13-2021 11:55 AM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
California Legislature Passes 'Mandatory' Vaccine Bill, Sends It To The Governor

http://www.npr.org/sections...s-it-to-the-governor

While I understand the public outcry about a parents rights to decide what gets injected into their child's body, I also understand why some think everyone should be immunized.

Leaning toward the rights of parents to decide. Again, California leads the way at destroying rights. My bet is that Big Brother has a California birth certificate.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But, But, Bit it's for the children !

I believe we both grew up when it was mandatory for kids to have ALL their shots before entering school, at least I did. That almost completely eradicated measles and chicken pox, except that we allow kids now to do whatever they want, and as well all know the minority's rule now, not the majority.

But then in this new day and age of air travel all it takes is one immigrant, legal or otherwise to bring these back, as seen in the Disneyland thing a while back. That one guy made 150 or so sick who may have infected others themselves by being sick or just carriers, they don't show symptoms but can pass the disease onto others.

So is one parents right more important than the majority? I don't know anything except we almost had it eradicated and because of these people who feel because they are special they shouldn't have to have the shot. I wonder how some of those parents feel now if the kids were at Disneyland and got infected? I am sure they will sue the park because their precious little child caught it there, even though if their kid had be inoculated before hand they would not have got it.

So it is really a crap shoot about who is more right and being it is a California law I am not a real fan of it as well, I don't think any law that has come out of California in the last 20 years that did anything good.

So I am also torn as to who is right.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So is it just for documented legal citizens?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by blackrams:
Leaning toward the rights of parents to decide.

I tend to too by default. Though, do they put other people at risk by not getting immunizations?
Also are the reasons not to immunize legitimate?

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve,
I don't believe it's a situation of one's right versus the majority in this case, you and I (as parents) still have the right to immunize/protect our children from the "common" diseases. All we have to do is ensure our children are immunized. Should a parent choose to not get their child immunized, their child is the one at risk. I say that, all the while knowing that there are age restrictions on when immunizations are supposed to be given so, there will always be some unprotected children but, life is a gamble and unless someone develops some miracle drug that can be administered to a pregnant mother to protect a fetus from conception forward, that will always be the case.

-----------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 06-30-2015).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve,
I don't believe it's a situation of one's right versus the majority in this case, you and I (as parents) still have the right to immunize/protect our children from the "common" diseases. All we have to do is ensure our children are immunized. Should a parent choose to not get their child immunized, their child is the one at risk. I say that, all the while knowing that there are age restrictions on when immunizations are supposed to be given so, there will always be some unprotected children but, life is a gamble

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve,
I don't believe it's a situation of one's right versus the majority in this case, you and I (as parents) still have the right to immunize/protect our children from the "common" diseases. All we have to do is ensure our children are immunized. Should a parent choose to not get their child immunized, their child is the one at risk. I say that, all the while knowing that there are age restrictions on when immunizations are supposed to be given so, there will always be some unprotected children but, life is a gamble and unless someone develops some miracle drug that can be administered to a pregnant mother to protect a fetus from conception forward, that will always be the case.

-----------------
Ron

Funny thing is getting immunized does not guaranty you will not get the disease, Amanda was immunized for the measles and still got it when she was in school, so yes life is nothing more than a crap shoot. So what's the point, if you get the shot you can still get it if someone else has it, granted a less severe case but you can still get it like Amanda did a few years back.

Steve

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

Well, that's pretty much a non-statement. Yep, herd-immunity does work to a certain extent but, again, those who choose to not immunize are still not guaranteed of not being infected.

------------------
Ron

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31841 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Funny thing is getting immunized does not guaranty you will not get the disease, Amanda was immunized for the measles and still got it when she was in school, so yes life is nothing more than a crap shoot. So what's the point, if you get the shot you can still get it if someone else has it, granted a less severe case but you can still get it like Amanda did a few years back.

Steve

Steve,
I fully agree and understand. It's pretty much a given that you can't immunize against a case of stupid but, it's still going around even though, the herd has been immunized.

------------------
Ron

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve,
I fully agree and understand. It's pretty much a given that you can't immunize against a case of stupid but, it's still going around even though, the herd has been immunized.

I think it is still going around, Because there are those that aren't immunized, do legal immigrants have to be immunized before entering the country ?

How about those illegal immigrants who just walk across the boarder without ever being checked when coming, think they got all their shots ?

We do have a very lax immigration policy and what about all the students here on student visa's are they required to be inoculated?

Hey I still am not sure about this, if the parents should be able to say no for whatever reason, religious, or whatever. I think parent should be able to decide but what about those who never had that option available, like our ever increasing immigrant population?

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 06-30-2015).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Illegals should be sent back, no question in my mind about that.

I would have to do more investigation/research as to your other questions, I assume that legal visitors must meet a minimal immunization standard but, don't know that for sure.
But, all you can do is immunize your child, what another parent does is beyond your and my control. As I said previously, the child at greatest risk is the non-immunized child.

------------------
Ron

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

life is a gamble and unless someone develops some miracle drug that can be administered to a pregnant mother to protect a fetus from conception forward, that will always be the case.

My guess is that would be as highly contested as current immunizations, if not more.
FlyinFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2015 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyinFierosSend a Private Message to FlyinFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you support anti-vax you should also be against mandatory quarantines for ebola infections. You know, for "freedom"...

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
I think from now on anyone who is working with Ebola people when they come back need to be quarantined for at least a month before they are ever let out in public again ! We do it to our animals when they come from countries that have diseases we have already eradicated from our shores.

Source.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But, all you can do is immunize your child, what another parent does is beyond your and my control. As I said previously, the child at greatest risk is the non-immunized child.

The ability of the child to spread whatever disease it is, is a big risk as well.

About it being in your or my control, I mean , thats what this law in the books is about right?
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like Steve, I grew up in a time of measles, mumps, whooping cough, polio, chicken pox, meningitis, smallpox and diphtheria. The Salk Polio vaccine came about when I was in early elementary school. Though there were some dangers to the drug, in the 12 classroom school that I attended, housing all grades, I can still remember 3 persons who were crippled by polio. Today, I can't say that I know of any young person who has contracted the disease.

Often parents, including my own, would purposely expose us to measles, mumps or chicken pox in order to get the anti-bodies into our system. At the same time, if a child had one of these diseases, they were not allowed into school for a period of time while they were deemed contagious. Smallpox vaccinations were mandatory and a child wasn't allowed to start school without it. There were probably more, but I don't remember. Even if you had a shot record indicating vaccination, if you didn't have the scar, you got another during the health department's visit to the school in the early part of the school year. I have probably had about a dozen smallpox vaccinations between school and my military travels. Still no scar.

When some diseases can cause untold numbers of deaths, it might be best that a vaccination be required. Parents are often reluctant, not because the government requires it, but because of the possibility of the vaccine causing physical or mental side effects, or even death to their child. They're not willing to take that chance, but are willing to take the chance that the same might happen to their child and to others if their child contracts a disease. But a government and parents, both, must weight the balance of personal choice and freedom against the well-being of society, since we are a social species and make contact with untold numbers of persons to whom we could spread a disease that might cause death to another. I just can't see that it be mandatory for vaccinations against non-lethal diseases, though. In today's Me, Me world when everyone is concerned only about themselves, I can see where some mandatory vaccinations might be needed.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 06-30-2015).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FlyinFieros:

If you support anti-vax you should also be against mandatory quarantines for ebola infections. You know, for "freedom"...

Source.

My only question to you would be, is Ebola considered a disease that can be immunized against at this time? I know this wasn't addressed to me but, I just had to ask.

------------------
Ron

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31841 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by 2.5:

The ability of the child to spread whatever disease it is, is a big risk as well.

About it being in your or my control, I mean , thats what this law in the books is about right?

Yes, children do run a much greater risk of spreading infectious diseases. As I read the proposed law, children would not be allowed to be in schools, day care centers and a few other venues if not immunized. And yes, my children were immunized for all the things the doctor's recommended but, that was my wife's and my decision. I don't want to live in a Nanny State where Big Brother defines how I raise my child. I don't think most other folks do either. As we let our rights be eroded a little at a time, we will eventually be without any rights. Our Constitution and Bill of Rights is all about individual freedoms and the rights of the individual. Is this for the common good, yes but, it also destroys the rights of parents to decide. Not much different than Libs wanting to take away our right to bear arms, it's for the common good of the nation.

------------------
Ron

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So far, I support this law. If the parents don't want to immunize their child, then they have to home school them. It makes sense to me. An unvaccinated child can bring in diseases that puts other children at risk that cannot be vaccinated, such as kids that have compromised immune systems or allergies to the vaccine.

It does not force them to vaccinate. There is still the option to home school.

[This message has been edited by Doug85GT (edited 06-30-2015).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They don't have to, if they also want to keep their child from contacting other children.

But if they want to send them to school, then yes, they should be forced to be immunized. I'm not usually "it's what's best for society" and usually all about individual rights, but in this case every single moronic parent that decides against immunization is a threat to others. You get to decide your own health but you don't get to decide the health of others. Some people can't get immunized because of medical reasons, and they need the protection of herd immunity. You break the herd, you are placing others in harms way. Stay home or get shots.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doug, I'm not arguing your point of view, but should that also require the need for the child to be totally isolated in the home for fear of contracting or spreading a disease? I do see the necessity that some not be vaccinated due to allergic reactions. My wife's highly compromised immune system prevents her from getting pneumonia or shingles vaccinations.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I tend to too by default. Though, do they put other people at risk by not getting immunizations?
Also are the reasons not to immunize legitimate?

My kid may be able to go back to school next year but due to the bone marrow transplant will not be able to have the immunizations yet. Your kid could kill my kid with a bad germ that is mostly preventable.
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2015 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have mixed thoughts on it....if ya google the damage done to girls by Guardasil, it will make ya think....on the other hand, vacinces DID eradicate polio...I dunno, I aint that smart....

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't want to live in a Nanny State where Big Brother defines how I raise my child. I don't think most other folks do either. As we let our rights be eroded a little at a time, we will eventually be without any rights. Our Constitution and Bill of Rights is all about individual freedoms and the rights of the individual. Is this for the common good, yes but, it also destroys the rights of parents to decide. Not much different than Libs wanting to take away our right to bear arms, it's for the common good of the nation.

I agree about rights but my point about legitimate reasons was, what legitimate reason would a parent choose not to immunize against harmful diseases for an otherwise healthy child. (Rare cases of immune deficiency and recent surgery aside.) Fear it causes autism, fear of other secret things added to the immunization? It was mentioned also that there are choices, home school for example.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-30-2015).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree about rights but my point about legitimate reasons was, what legitimate reason would a parent choose not to immunize against harmful diseases for an otherwise healthy child. (Rare cases of immune deficiency and recent surgery aside.) Fear it causes autism, fear of other secret things added to the immunization? It was mentioned also that there are choices, home school for example.

Sorry, I can't answer that question. My wife and I decided to have our children immunized, that reduced their risk to the afore mentioned diseases. But, I do still support a parent's right to chose. I also believe that those same parents are responsible for the consequences of the decisions they make. Should the child catch one of the diseases and die, the responsibility lays in their laps but, that's still their right to decide.

------------------
Ron

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2015 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

My kid may be able to go back to school next year but due to the bone marrow transplant will not be able to have the immunizations yet. Your kid could kill my kid with a bad germ that is mostly preventable.

Greg, yer kid could kill my kid with a skateboard accident....maybe we shouhld just stop having kids and skateboards and vacinices and risk altogether, be done with with the human species and their fears of what *could* happen...

guess what, it aint gonna happen......we are just temporary residents on this planet, and if ya try to erridicate nature then nature WILL bite back. NO 2 ways about it...YES medical science has come a long way in the past 50 years, but its not the end-all...I think the Natives and the naturiopaths had it right....did ya know MJ kills cancer ? coloidial silver kills viruses...

This planet gave us all we need to survive, its just a matter of knowig how to use it, and figting laws...

While we are at it. something as simple as asperin...ASA....its just willow bark tea in tablet form.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Like Steve, I grew up in a time of measles, mumps, whooping cough, polio, chicken pox, meningitis, smallpox and diphtheria.

Thank you for this. People tend to forget selectively about the "good old times"...
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Doug, I'm not arguing your point of view, but should that also require the need for the child to be totally isolated in the home for fear of contracting or spreading a disease? I do see the necessity that some not be vaccinated due to allergic reactions. My wife's highly compromised immune system prevents her from getting pneumonia or shingles vaccinations.

That is a separate issue but a very valid one. The children that cannot get vaccinated due to medical reasons are allowed to attend school. Because of their special need, it puts an additional burden on the rest of the children, in this case everyone else must be vaccinated. This same situation exists with children with peanut allergies; the other children are not allowed peanut because of their allergy.

I guess it becomes a bigger policy question. How much of a burden on the majority of the children are we willing to accept for a few with special needs? So far the schools are siding with the kids with special needs.
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ignoring the pros and cons of immunizations, I'm surprised I haven't seen the "my body, my decision" argument used (or at least in that phrase).
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

Ignoring the pros and cons of immunizations, I'm surprised I haven't seen the "my body, my decision" argument used (or at least in that phrase).

Excellent Point.

------------------
Ron

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I alluded to that in my above post "In today's ME, ME world....".
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2015 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, THAT I agree with.....Its MY body, MY mind, I'll do what the hell I want with it I want to---and screw you if you dont like it.....yer not in power, I AM....go frack yerself if ya think differently <not personally, the world in general>

I suggest some Ayn Rand reading....

Ya want to pt a needle into my arm???how about I put a bullet into yer head instaed ???? **** you.

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Well, THAT I agree with.....Its MY body, MY mind, I'll do what the hell I want with it I want to---and screw you if you dont like it.....yer not in power, I AM....go frack yerself if ya think differently <not personally, the world in general>

I suggest some Ayn Rand reading....

Ya want to pt a needle into my arm???how about I put a bullet into yer head instaed ???? **** you.

Oh, come on. Don't be shy, tell us how you really feel about it.

------------------
Ron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yea, said while pointing at the kid after they are out of the uterus.

I also am thinking about the correlations to legalizing drugs and people doing them while living in society with everyone else, while impaired.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think the reason that isn't used is because people that don't get immunized aren't just a burden on themselves, but also on surrounding people. Sure, you can get yourself sick if you want. No, you don't have the right to put others in danger as a result. That's why the rule isn't that you must get immunizations period, just that you must get them to attend public school.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All those parents screaming it should be "optional" will be screaming the loudest that "the government didn't do anything" when THEIR kid or family falls victim as a result of contact with some "Typhoid Mary" who also exercised "their right" not to be immunized.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Answer, No.
I mind my family, others need to mind theirs.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by fierosound:

All those parents screaming it should be "optional" will be screaming the loudest that "the government didn't do anything" when THEIR kid or family falls victim as a result of contact with some "Typhoid Mary" who also exercised "their right" not to be immunized.

Not true at all.
I may fall into this category, and I say the Gov buts in my business to often as it is now.
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The law just changed here.

The law now requires parents claiming a "non-medical exemption" to either talk to a health care provider or view a pro-vaccine video on the internet.
The law also changes the language from “religious exemption” to “non-medical exemption.” This change
allows for a breadth of reasons why a parent or guardian may choose to claim an exemption.

Many still believe a discredited study showing a link between vaccinations and autism. There is a high exemption rate in Oregon.
And half the people also claim a gluten allergy.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Government will decide what's best for your children because parents are too stupid to make the right decision on their own.

With all these vaccinations, we must have cured just about everything.

But is it all hype?
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 06-30-2015).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2015 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, They should not.. but having said that, They should be on the hook for any medical bills of any one that gets sick because of their choice..
and before anyone starts "well, Obama care everyone has insurance,,"" yes they do, but the out of pocket deductible has gone through the roof, since the passing of the affordable healthcare act
If you choose to not have your child immunized, and it causes others to get sick, then you foot the co-pay and out of pocket bills of those affected..

The other question I'd like addressed is, if you choose to not have your child immunized, then the insurance company doesn't have to cover the care if they should come down with it.. seems fair..

If I don't get my pet it's shots/ect and it happens to bite someone, and they get rabies, I'm on the hook for that persons care and cost.. why should it be any different with a child..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 07-01-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock