Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Meteorologists Predict Record-Shattering Snowfall Coming Soon

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Meteorologists Predict Record-Shattering Snowfall Coming Soon by Xerces_Blackthorne
Started on: 09-08-2014 12:57 AM
Replies: 27 (657 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 09-13-2014 08:53 PM
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneClick Here to Email Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://empirenews.net/meteo...to-soar/#prettyPhoto

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsClick Here to Email FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny stuff.

Of course we know Empire news is satire right?

Brad
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Below normal snowfall" for me, but even if I did take last year's snowfall total and "multiply that number by up to five, ten, maybe even twenty times" well................................. 20 X 0 is still zero.
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to stock up on bread and milk, maybe some lettuce too!
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsClick Here to Email FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

I'm going to stock up on bread and milk, maybe some lettuce too!

Get some bacon and tomato. Mmmmm.

Brad
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of the comments following the article are pure gold, for example:

Barbara: The Bible said that we will not be able to tell one season from another. I believe that time is coming near.
Troy: I'm pretty sure going from 100 degree days to a winter full of snow is kind of a dividing line....
Christopher: Barbara. Please research what you read. That includes your favorite book.
Rachelle: Christopher, please keep your lame comments to yourself.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 09-08-2014).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Record snowfalls is caused by Global Warming™.
It's also the cause of record warm winters.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 282
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageClick Here to Email fierosoundSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Record snowfalls is caused by Global Warming™.
It's also the cause of record warm winters.

Yup. Haven't seen any "record warm winters" yet.

BUT - a "summer snowfall" just hit us in Calgary on Monday.
Also a heavy snowfall warning for today stretching into tomorrow.
Story http://www.calgaryherald.co.../10186128/story.html
Video http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/s...or-calgary-1.1998038

Temps will be back to 60-70's by the weekend.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 09-09-2014).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Click Here to Email css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like winter. I'm like a little kid, I like snow. The more the better!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I learned 40 years ago meteorologists cant predict weather even for 6 hours down the road worth a crap 1/2 the time or more. It was supposed to be a downpour Friday evening thru Saturday evening from thunderstorms. We didnt get a drop, in fact Saturday was beautiful out. Theyre predicting severe storms Wed nite thru the next day now, but Im betting it will be some fog and a slight off and on drizzle if anything at all.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Click Here to Email css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Theyre predicting severe storms Wed nite thru the next day now, but Im betting it will be some fog and a slight off and on drizzle if anything at all.

Or you'll get the sunshine we're getting. Its beautiful out here today! And headed your way.

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

I like winter. I'm like a little kid, I like snow. The more the better!

I dont mind it either. Its the other folks on the road on my way to work that can get old.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 192
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heh, this was in the link after the video:

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 301
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While you guys are freezing your behinds off, I'll be in Silicon Valley before November, where it's 65 degrees all day, every day! MWA-hahahahaha!!! SO LONG, CRAPPY MICHIGAN WEATHER!!!
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneClick Here to Email Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

While you guys are freezing your behinds off, I'll be in Silicon Valley before November, where it's 65 degrees all day, every day! MWA-hahahahaha!!! SO LONG, CRAPPY MICHIGAN WEATHER!!!

If this truly is the case (and isn't a satire piece as Fats said), I'm right there with ya. Hoping to be out of Nebraska by November 1st. Its too damned cold and snowy here when the winter is normal, I'd hate to see how it is with this crap
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is it still there after the last earthquake? Hear it broke all the wine bottles in Napa.

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 09-10-2014).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsClick Here to Email FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

If this truly is the case (and isn't a satire piece as Fats said), I'm right there with ya. Hoping to be out of Nebraska by November 1st. Its too damned cold and snowy here when the winter is normal, I'd hate to see how it is with this crap

http://empirenews.net/about-disclaimer/

Home » About / Disclaimer
About / Disclaimer

Empire News is a satirical and entertainment website. We only use invented names in all our stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental.

All contributors are responsible for the content of their own material in respect to (but not limited to) copyright, libel and defamation.

Here is the Farmers Almanac

Brad
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If this truly ... isn't a satire piece as Fats said ...

"About/Disclaimer: Empire News is a satirical and entertainment website. We only use invented names in all our stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental."

Sample headline:

"Six-Year Old Steps On Crack, Breaks Mother’s Back"

Edit: I see that Brad beat me to it by 1 minute.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 09-10-2014).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So hows the scale go? Is piercing above biting?
Snow filled, is that like a jelly filled donut?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, it's like a FROZEN jelly filled donut.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found my new profession. My weather prediction was far more accurate than all the local/ national services. Our death dealing storms last nite as predicted by all of them ended up being a drizzle just barely enough to wet the pavement. We didnt have any fog though...at least at my house. I dont know why though, it was damp and only went down to mid 70s so it should have.We didnt get the thunder, lightning, downpours or wind all predicted. Its just cloudy right now with the sun trying to break thru any minute. (maybe my fog just ended up higher). We still have flash flood warnings up...lol. I cant figure out why unless a dam broke somewhere north of us. Surely .1 inch rain cant flood anything.
PFF
System Bot
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneClick Here to Email Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I found my new profession. My weather prediction was far more accurate than all the local/ national services. Our death dealing storms last nite as predicted by all of them ended up being a drizzle just barely enough to wet the pavement. We didnt have any fog though...at least at my house. I dont know why though, it was damp and only went down to mid 70s so it should have.We didnt get the thunder, lightning, downpours or wind all predicted. Its just cloudy right now with the sun trying to break thru any minute. (maybe my fog just ended up higher). We still have flash flood warnings up...lol. I cant figure out why unless a dam broke somewhere north of us. Surely .1 inch rain cant flood anything.

You lucky so and so....The last 2 days here haven't gotten above 55 during the day and 45 at night. 3 days ago it was 85 during the day and 75 at night O.o Friggin' freezing here I hate Nebraska weather...
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2014 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You lucky so and so....The last 2 days here haven't gotten above 55 during the day and 45 at night. 3 days ago it was 85 during the day and 75 at night O.o Friggin' freezing here I hate Nebraska weather...

Lol...you've been here long enough to know that it's going to change again, and soon. 39 for the low tonight. It'll get better again before it gets worse. At least, the heat and humidity is gone...

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneClick Here to Email Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

Lol...you've been here long enough to know that it's going to change again, and soon. 39 for the low tonight. It'll get better again before it gets worse. At least, the heat and humidity is gone...

You've got a point Mike. Still sucks though lol You guys did tell me the first time around that if I don't like the weather here, wait 5 minutes Had another person tell me while I was in North Platte that Nebraska is the only state you can fall on your arse in the snow, get up covered in mud, and dust yourself off :lol:
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Click Here to Email pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You've got a point Mike. Still sucks though lol You guys did tell me the first time around that if I don't like the weather here, wait 5 minutes Had another person tell me while I was in North Platte that Nebraska is the only state you can fall on your arse in the snow, get up covered in mud, and dust yourself off :lol:

...... I shall ask again.. where the F&*% have you been? me and Andrew were wondering if you offed yourself or something.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneClick Here to Email Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

...... I shall ask again.. where the F&*% have you been? me and Andrew were wondering if you offed yourself or something.

I could say the same for you dude! lol. Last I knew you were in Texas...I tried calling ya awhile back (before I left PA for Denver) and the number wasn't in service anymore O.o

I'm still alive and kicking, albeit much less these days....Just been off the deep end dealing with my own sh*t. As of now I'm stuck back in fark all Nebraska again, working on getting out ASAP.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

65 is hot.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2014 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Click Here to Email 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I Just look out the window and if the goats aren't outside their house I grab my raincoat, our weatherman is about as accurate as yours Roger, we watch all 3 local weather forecasts and the national feed every morning and you know what? None of them are ever right !

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock