Started on: 07-01-2014 01:03 PM
Replies: 60 (927 views)
Last post by: fireboss on 07-09-2014 08:22 AM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After 3 teen Israeli students were murdered by terrorists, Israeli Air Force bombed any suspected terrorist homes and building overnite with over a dozen bombs in Gaza. Funerals for teens are today, and more attacks on Hamas expected later.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure the usual idiots like Newf and Rinselberg will jump in to say that Israel's response wasn't a measured one, and that they should have sought some sort of dialogue with Hama's instead of resorting to violence. Heck, I am willing to wager that even if these two's own family were kidnapped by these savages, they would still find a way to defend them.

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 07-01-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-01-2014 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:

I'm sure the usual idiots like Newf and Rinselberg will jump in to say that Israel's response wasn't a measured one, and that they should have sought some sort of dialogue with Hama's instead of resorting to violence. Heck, I am willing to wager that even if these two's own family were kidnapped by these savages, they would still find a way to defend them.

It must be human nature.
Look how you're talking about 2 guys who have never done anything to you...
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:

All the Muslims that I ever posted about appear from their writings and recorded statements to be antithetical to the commission of crimes like the murder of the three young Israeli seminary students: That's why I posted about those particular Muslims.

I like the idea that has surfaced--don't know yet if it will be done--of memorializing this crime and its victims by naming one (or three?) of Israel's settlements in the West Bank in remembrance of the victims. Whether that would be (a) new settlement(s), or settlements that are currently designated as illegal by Israeli law but could be redesignated as legal settlements in response to this atrocity, or an expansion or annex to already existing settlements... TBD.

Maybe that has already been done after previous crimes like this, but this would be something new in my experience.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-01-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
None of the muslim countries ever enter into worthwhile 'talks'. The ONLY thing they understand is being bombed. I say let Israel have at it. They dont do 'measured' reprisals. They either let them go and bite their tounge, or beat the hell out of them. They also dont give a crap what any other countries have to say about what they do about it. The only talks muslims go to are the ones they use to stall for time to restock weapons supplies.
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post07-01-2014 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

After 3 teen Israeli students were murdered by terrorists, Israeli Air Force bombed any suspected terrorist homes and building overnite with over a dozen bombs in Gaza. Funerals for teens are today, and more attacks on Hamas expected later.

Must be nice to have a leader with balls.

I remember when we had one. Soooo long ago.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is half'a loafer better than none?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

None of the muslim countries ever enter into worthwhile 'talks'. The ONLY thing they understand is being bombed. I say let Israel have at it. They dont do 'measured' reprisals. They either let them go and bite their tounge, or beat the hell out of them. They also dont give a crap what any other countries have to say about what they do about it. The only talks muslims go to are the ones they use to stall for time to restock weapons supplies.

One name:
Anwar Sadat.

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

One name:
Anwar Sadat.

....And we all know how that turned out.....Israel is keeping us out of a world war. And has for years. For now. We have to do everything we can to support them. Our present foreign policy is doing nothing to that end.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

....And we all know how that turned out.....Israel is keeping us out of a world war. And has for years. For now. We have to do everything we can to support them. Our present foreign policy is doing nothing to that end.

It actually worked quite well, even after Sadat being assassinated.
Israel and Egypt were at peace until very very recently as Egypt kept up it's end of the bargain and kept (for the most part) the Sinai clear of terrorists.
That area has only become a problem since the so-called Egyptian Arab Spring.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good for the Nation of Israel.
They know how to negotiate with terrorists.
BUT, on the other side of the World the nation with the "coolest" leader just lets them go from Gitmo with the hope that they will tell every body how cool America is.
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As expected, after the funerals the Air Force went back and did dozens more bombing sorties on Hamas leaders homes and businesses. Real smart Hamas, kill 3 and you end up with blocks of your cities leveled. Israel would prob be satisified with that tradeoff on a regular basis.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As expected, after the funerals the Air Force went back and did dozens more bombing sorties on Hamas leaders homes and businesses. Real smart Hamas, kill 3 and you end up with blocks of your cities leveled. Israel would prob be satisified with that tradeoff on a regular basis.

That's what radical islamists call free advertising.

IMO, no side in this conflict is doing anything to resolve the issue peacefully. To do so would be political (or even actual) suicide for both.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
..and from the title, I was hoping this was gonna have a link to a story about Israel's government returning the tens of billions in foreign aid we have given them. Oh well, I guess we should just kiss that money goodbye.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

..and from the title, I was hoping this was gonna have a link to a story about Israel's government returning the tens of billions in foreign aid we have given them. Oh well, I guess we should just kiss that money goodbye.

Just like GM, Israel is too big to fail.
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Just like GM, Israel is too big to fail.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why shouldnt we give allies money and aid. We give WAYYYY more to countries that hate us and people sneaking into the US illegally. How many European countries did we 'give' aid during and after WWII and not a penny of that was ever paid back either. How many of the hundreds of billions we give to illegals is going to be paid back ? Instead, those collecting it rob and steal from the real American citizens...so us hard working Americans pay twice...handouts to the illegals, then robbed of our belongings by the same ones.

Israel would love to have peace. They never start anything, they always do retaliate against those that do start it.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 07-02-2014).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good for the Nation of Israel. They know how to negotiate with terrorists. BUT, on the other side of the World the nation with the "coolest" leader just lets them go from Gitmo with the hope that they will tell every body how cool America is.

Ahem. Israel has released some of the vilest murderers on the planet over the years, in numerically lop-sided prisoner exchanges. Just two examples from a long list: Kozo Okamato, Japanese Red Army (1985), and Samir Kuntar (2008).

I won't say that this was right or wrong on the part of Israel, but I don't see how anyone of sound mind would hold up the Israeli track record on negotiating with terrorists and prisoner exchanges as 180 degrees opposite of and infinitely more realistic than the "Obama method". Unless they didn't remember these episodes from Israel's recent history, or did not read, hear or view any of these news stories in any of the English language U.S. media venues that reported them.

Oh, wait--what am I saying? I forgot O/T Forum Rules: reason and logic are no longer to be regarded, when discourse turns to the subject of "Obama". QED.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-02-2014).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Ahem. Israel has released some of the vilest murderers on the planet over the years, in numerically lop-sided prisoner exchanges. Just two examples from a long list: Kozo Okamato, Japanese Red Army (1985), and Samir Kuntar (2008).

I won't say that this was right or wrong on the part of Israel, but I don't see how anyone of sound mind would hold up the Israeli track record on negotiating with terrorists and prisoner exchanges as 180 degrees opposite of and infinitely more realistic than the "Obama method". Unless they didn't remember these episodes from Israel's recent history, or did not read, hear or view any of these news stories in any of the English language U.S. media venues that reported them.

Oh, wait--what am I saying? I forgot O/T Forum Rules: reason and logic are no longer to be regarded, when discourse turns to the subject of "Obama". QED.

Blindness runs rampant much of the time and in (and from) every quadrant.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-03-2014).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mea culpa: rhetorical excess.
PFF
System Bot
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why shouldnt we give allies money and aid. We give WAYYYY more to countries that hate us and people sneaking into the US illegally. How many European countries did we 'give' aid during and after WWII and not a penny of that was ever paid back either. How many of the hundreds of billions we give to illegals is going to be paid back ? Instead, those collecting it rob and steal from the real American citizens...so us hard working Americans pay twice...handouts to the illegals, then robbed of our belongings by the same ones.

Israel would love to have peace. They never start anything, they always do retaliate against those that do start it.

We shouldn't be giving away taxpayer dollars at all unless its back to the citizens it was taken from in the first place. Neither Allies nor Foes have a right to money taken, by force, from American Citizens. (and make no mistake, taxes are collected by force. Just stop paying them and you'll find out)

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 07-02-2014).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll have one of whatever he's having...
tbone42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why shouldnt we give allies money and aid. We give WAYYYY more to countries that hate us and people sneaking into the US illegally.

No we don't, Roger. The US gives Israel more foreign military aid and money than any other country right now except Afghanistan, which we are currently *fixing*... or whatever... but Israel even gets more foreign aid that Iraq. Finally, over the last 20 years Israel has botten more foreign aid money from us than any other country by a LONG shot. I know you may FEEL that's how our money is being spent, on Mexico (not even in the trop 25) and Haiti.. (8 times LESS than Israel) but that does not make it true. Mexico is not even in the top 25 of foreign aid, and I would thing they are the border jumpers you are thinking of.

If you do not believe me, I suggest you google it. A little healthy research is good for the soul.

Anyhow, they've gotten plenty from us, and have proven already they can take care of themselves. That (over) 3 billion yearly could go pretty dang far right here in our own country.,, that's about 7% of our entire federal education budget. What really starts getting sad is when you look at who else we are giving money to on a grand scale... we need to fix the problems at home, not try to fix the world's problems. They are sovereign independent nations, not US sucklings to be nurtured with our tax dollars.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you do not believe me, I suggest you google it. A little healthy research is good for the soul.

Let's not expect too much... :-)

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyhow, they've gotten plenty from us, and have proven already they can take care of themselves. That (over) 3 billion yearly could go pretty dang far right here in our own country.,, that's about 7% of our entire federal education budget. What really starts getting sad is when you look at who else we are giving money to on a grand scale... we need to fix the problems at home, not try to fix the world's problems. They are sovereign independent nations, not US sucklings to be nurtured with our tax dollars.

Yup! Time to stop throwing money out the window. We have people complaining about wasteful spending here at home, but when it comes to giving money to countries like Israel, only the crickets can be heard...
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm good with sending aid to Israel. I've never had a problem with it.

What is the downside to having a good and honest friend in the Middle East?

Oh, wait, we need to subsidize the welfare and union contingent here at home.....
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

, but when it comes to giving money to countries like Israel, only the crickets can be heard...

I think it's because Israel is of utmost importance for the pre-tribulation rapture! Can't argue with that!
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yup! Time to stop throwing money out the window. We have people complaining about wasteful spending here at home, but when it comes to giving money to countries like Israel, only the crickets can be heard...

Don't sell yourself short. You're much noisier than a cricket.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I'm good with sending aid to Israel. I've never had a problem with it.

What is the downside to having a good and honest friend in the Middle East?

Oh, wait, we need to subsidize the welfare and union contingent here at home.....

Maybe if we invested that money into education, career training, small business investments, etc.... we should cut welfare, but we should also find ways to bring jobs back to the US (good paying jobs).

The middle east will be a mess for quite some time and Israel will still be at war with someone. Time to let them handle their problems, if they want the land, then they need to defend it without money from us (time for the fledgling to leave the nest).

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Don't sell yourself short.

Never do.
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Never do.

So you admit to lying about "only crickets can be heard." Thank you for clearing that up.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe if we invested that money into education, career training, small business investments, etc.... we should cut welfare, but we should also find ways to bring jobs back to the US (good paying jobs).

The middle east will be a mess for quite some time and Israel will still be at war with someone. Time to let them handle their problems, if they want the land, then they need to defend it without money from us (time for the fledgling to leave the nest).

Like we don't spend billions on that now.......

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you admit to lying about "only crickets can be heard." Thank you for clearing that up.

lying?
whatever, your attempt at humor didn't work... thanks for playing.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002

So, lets fix the problem. Throwing money to Israel is truly throwing it away.... we will never see it again. At least if we spend it here in the US, it will have a better chance to work its way around the country.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think billions is an understatement.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Think it is in a sense or in any form national security to supply them and be eachothers ally?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your googled data is for only MILITARY aid. We give much more aid than that. How many billions go to illegals coming in thru Mexico...Google that. Do we get to count all the aid / support the US gave to Iraq in 2 wars...how many billions was that ? They still dont want anything to do with the US. Afghanistan...were still soaking millions into there too, and they cant get us out of their country fast enough. Why did we give them anything ? You loan or give money to friends not enemies...at least in my world. I wouldnt give a gun to a thief who breaks into my house.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The objectives of U.S. Foreign Military Financing are to:

Improve the military capabilities of key friendly countries to contribute to international crisis response operations, including peacekeeping and humanitarian crises.

Promote bilateral, regional and multilateral coalition efforts, notably in the global war on terrorism.

Maintain support for democratically-elected governments that share values similar to the United States for democracy, human rights, and regional stability.

Enhance rationalization, standardization, and interoperability of military forces of friendly countries and allies.

Assist the militaries of friendly countries and allies to procure U.S. defense articles and services that strengthen legitimate self-defense capabilities and security needs.

Enhance rationalization, standardization, and interoperability of military forces of friendly countries and allies.

Support the U.S. industrial base by promoting the export of U.S. defense-related goods and services.

U.S. Department of State : Foreign Military Financing (FMF)
http://www.state.gov/t/pm/65531.htm

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-03-2014).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You loan or give money to friends not enemies...at least in my world. I wouldnt give a gun to a thief who breaks into my house.

And that's why the Taliban had Stinger missiles and the Iranian Air Force still flies F-14's...

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 07-03-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock