Started on: 06-11-2014 09:51 PM
Replies: 78 (1082 views)
Last post by: nosrac on 06-19-2014 11:55 PM
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm so sick of this crap, how many more Trillions of Tax Payer Dollars are going to get wasted over this upcoming mess ?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/...tml?hpt=hp_inthenews

You can't help these people out, if they don't want to help themselves.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What--China, Russia, France or Germany has no air force?
Why don't they ask one of their neighbors like Israel or Iran for air strikes? oh--wait......
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes, the hummers and weapons are in the militants hands now... so lets give them f16's and apache's... because the 'striped' uniforms don't show they probably just flipped sides, or were always on the other side to begin with?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The war's over.
Al Qaeda's on the run.
Everyone loves us now.

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man I hate having to go back.....

I know a weapon they can have....

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2014 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

yes, the hummers and weapons are in the militants hands now... so lets give them f16's and apache's... because the 'striped' uniforms don't show they probably just flipped sides, or were always on the other side to begin with?

I'm beginning to think that's their Master Plan, smarter than our Government. We not only supplier them with latest tech equipment, hell we all expend military tax dollars to train them how to use all the stuff, let alone train them how to fight. So in reality we're creating a tougher enemy, and their all funded on our dollar.

OOOppppppssssssssss, sorry Iraq, one got away on us

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 06-11-2014).]

Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see how we can help such cowards. If they won't fight for their own country, they deserve their fate.
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the words of Charlie Wilson... "we f-ed up the endgame" - again. This is the direct result when you set timetables for withdrawal based on political promises and desires. I hope you are all watching and learning...

I pray history will not repeat itself but somehow I suspect it will.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

I know a weapon they can have....

I'm with you. I was 100% for this plan from the beginning. Why is it taking so long to develop? The only way to win....Is to completely destroy them. What's left shall be a parking lot.

The Christians among us can pray for the people caught in the middle.

Brad
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

I'm with you. I was 100% for this plan from the beginning. Why is it taking so long to develop? The only way to win....Is to completely destroy them. What's left shall be a parking lot.

Brad

That won't completely destroy them. It would enrage the millions of remaining Muslims across the globe. Click to show
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

I don't see how we can help such cowards. If they won't fight for their own country, they deserve their fate.

Why would they when we will do it for them?
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33616 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Formula88:

That won't completely destroy them. It would enrage the millions of remaining Muslims across the globe.

So make it a bigger bomb. ( just kidding... dont toss rocks at me )
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, there are still a few places around the globe where a hard handed tyrant seems to work best, as long as we turn a blind eye to the suffering of his "subjects and supporters". Mubarak kept Egypt in control, but at a cost, as did Assad and Qadaffi in Syria and Libya. The Shah did the same in pre revolution Iran, but with a bloody hand.
The MANY decades old thought that eventually these nations and their people would eventually want to "be like us" has proven false, and this is what happens when harshly divided tribal enclaves are somehow made into a nation--often by outside forces. Without a strong hand permanently present and in charge, old animosities re-emerge. We see the same thing going on in parts of Afghanistan and Pakistan. Kaddafi was able to survive as long as he did only because he left the tribal regions to govern themselves for the most part in Libya.

We are done in Iraq--another hard lesson learned. Either leave them to their own device or let the regional powers outside Iraq do the work. Eventually, a new 'strongman' will rise and history will be repeated. Sisi will control Egypt and someone similar to him will rise to run Iraq.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 06-12-2014).]

newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Brad

And then people wonder why terrorists and radicals are so easily convinced to hate the west. Never mind mixing that hate with poverty and low education.

Yup keep thinking "we" are better than "them".

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 06-12-2014).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As if they need another reason.
We, like Israel, are hated simply because we exist.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

I know I am.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nurb432

33616 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by maryjane:

Yep. As long as we are breathing, we are the enemy.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I said YEARS ago to make it a big glowing hole in the ground with tactical nukes so it would be limited to there only. You let them go on and this is what you get. I saw it coming as soon as we were pulling out. All the American soldiers just died in vain. Obuma wont do a thing because hes their friend. In the back of my head I wish they try to do something to Israel and they will take of the problem permanently.

The same thing will happen again when we are out of Afghanistan.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 06-12-2014).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2014 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a much better soloution....

They are already well-stocked with small arms and explosives. Lets just keep air-dropping them all the ammo and c-4 they can use, and let them sort themselves out. When they start running low on personell, we have plenty of them here we can ship back home to lend a hand (plus a whole WACK of libbie-leftie multi-culturalists who, I am sure, would be HAPPY to go experience the "mullti cultures" they love so much.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://abcnews.go.com/Polit...rgent-march-24097214

Iraq Will Need Additional US Assistance, Obama Says

President Barack Obama said Thursday Iraq will need more help from the United States as it seeks to push back a violent Islamic insurgency that has captured two key cities and is vowing to press toward Bagdad.

Obama did not specify what type of assistance the U.S. would be willing to provide, but said he had not ruled out any options.

"We do have a stake in making sure that these jihadists are not getting a permanent foothold in either Iraq or Syria, for that matter," Obama said during an Oval Office meeting with Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott.

Iraq has been beset by violence since the last American forces withdrew in late 2011. The violence escalated this week with an al-Qaida-inspired group capturing two key Sunni-dominated cities this week and vowing to march on to Baghdad.

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and other Iraqi leaders have pleaded with the Obama administration for more than a year for additional help to combat the growing insurgency, which has been fueled by the unrelenting civil war in neighboring Syria. Northern Iraq has become a way station for insurgents who routinely travel between the two countries and are seeding the Syrian war's violence in Baghdad and beyond.

A senior U.S. official said the U.S. is considering whether to conduct drone missions for Iraq but that no decision had been made. The official was not authorized to discuss the matter by name and requested anonymity.

The president said he was watching the situation in with concern and his team was working around the clock to identify the most effective assistance. He said that while short-term military solutions were required to tamp down the growing insurgency, Iraq also needed to make longer-term political changes.

The war's over.
Al Qaeda's on the run.
Everyone loves us now.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope I don't believe that for a second. Hate isn't inate and not related to mere existence.

Easier to pigeon hole "them" to a singular group when people think the way shown in this thread though. . It's the lazy and ignorant way IMO.

Then they wonder why "they" hate! Some people must not own a mirror.
PFF
System Bot
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

http://abcnews.go.com/Polit...rgent-march-24097214

The war's over.
Al Qaeda's on the run.
Everyone loves us now.

"We will be greeted as liberators"
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...like the last 2 times.....?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2014 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"We will be greeted as liberators"

Fine, YOU go liberate them and let us know how that works out for ya (considering the region has been at constant war for over 5,000 years, I kinda think your chances of success are in the none-to-none range. I'm putting my money on them doing it again after your "liberation")

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2014 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And then people wonder why terrorists and radicals are so easily convinced to hate the west. Never mind mixing that hate with poverty and low education.

Oh, so it is our fault that they keep blowing **** up. That has to be some of the stupidest **** I have ever heard. Just wow.

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Fine, YOU go liberate them and let us know how that works out for ya (considering the region has been at constant war for over 5,000 years, I kinda think your chances of success are in the none-to-none range. I'm putting my money on them doing it again after your "liberation")

'twas the point.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

newf

8704 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Oh, so it is our fault that they keep blowing **** up. That has to be some of the stupidest **** I have ever heard. Just wow.

Not sure where you got that but rock on!
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

newf

8704 posts
Member since Sep 2006
Maybe I need to add some context to my earlier quote, some seem to have a short memory.

Vice President Cheney: Now, I think things have gotten so bad inside Iraq, from the standpoint of the Iraqi people, my belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators. And the president's made it very clear that our purpose there is, if we are forced to do this, will in fact be to stand up a government that's representative of the Iraqi people, hopefully democratic due respect for human rights, and it, obviously, involves a major commitment by the United States, but we think it's a commitment worth making. And we don't have the option anymore of simply laying back and hoping that events in Iraq will not constitute a threat to the U.S. Clearly, 12 years after the Gulf War, we're back in a situation where he does constitute a threat.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And we have a successful country, unless Obama screws up the US even more in the next two years.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2014 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok so you are showing how you missed the point?

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok so you are showing how you missed the point?

Completely possible. I am not trying to be obtuse. I apologize.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 06-12-2014).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunately, there are still a few places around the globe where a hard handed tyrant seems to work best, as long as we turn a blind eye to the suffering of his "subjects and supporters". Mubarak kept Egypt in control, but at a cost, as did Assad and Qadaffi in Syria and Libya. The Shah did the same in pre revolution Iran, but with a bloody hand.
The MANY decades old thought that eventually these nations and their people would eventually want to "be like us" has proven false, and this is what happens when harshly divided tribal enclaves are somehow made into a nation--often by outside forces. Without a strong hand permanently present and in charge, old animosities re-emerge. We see the same thing going on in parts of Afghanistan and Pakistan. Kaddafi was able to survive as long as he did only because he left the tribal regions to govern themselves for the most part in Libya.

We are done in Iraq--another hard lesson learned. Either leave them to their own device or let the regional powers outside Iraq do the work. Eventually, a new 'strongman' will rise and history will be repeated. Sisi will control Egypt and someone similar to him will rise to run Iraq.

Exactly.
And all the coulda' shoulda' woulda's in the World won't change it.
The end.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2014 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
I wonder if there really is an answer.......or if stuff is just stuff.
There is no perfection?
Just struggle?
Forever?
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just following some of the TV news reports on CNN.

Anderson Cooper was saying that reports are coming in about a wide swathe of the Sunni residents in these areas (northern and western Iraq) acting as if their first encounters with this ISIS movement are more to their liking than what they have been experiencing from the official national government and security forces of Iraq. Reports are that many of the Sunni residents are not running away from ISIS, but moving towards and into the ISIS controlled enclaves.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2014 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Completely possible. I am not trying to be obtuse. I apologize.

No worries whatsoever.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I was just following some of the TV news reports on CNN.

Anderson Cooper was saying that reports are coming in about a wide swathe of the Sunni residents in these areas (northern and western Iraq) acting as if their first encounters with this ISIS movement are more to their liking than what they have been experiencing from the official national government and security forces of Iraq. Reports are that many of the Sunni residents are not running away from ISIS, but moving towards and into the ISIS controlled enclaves.

Years ago there was speculation of civil war when the US left. It's sounding like the 3-state Iraq may end up happening with a Sunni, Shia, and Kurd controlled areas. Iran's a bit of a wild card since we don't know if they're going to try and grab a chunk for themselves, too. They're already getting involved.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Probably the same place you went to to know what I (and everyone else apparently) was thinking.

Brad
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just LOVE the armchair warriors in this thread ("just nuke 'em"). Good thing none of you get to make any decisions on anything important (hopefully).
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2014 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this is just the beginning of a total unravel of all gains in the Mideast. This is what happens when you have a leader that makes important decisions for political expediency and is more worried about being liked than doing the right thing, does not look for or at long term results. Or..............simply does not care.

Seriously, a major problem with foreign policy and ensuing military action over the last few decades is the lack of will to kill "innocent" people...... collateral damage, to reach the goal.... it ties our hands and the enemy knows it, uses it, hides behind it and is greatly empowered by it. Who can blame them, it is the obvious thing to do when one is dedicated to their cause.

War is supposed to be ugly, cruel and devastating to life and property, so much so that the enemy will give up. Most men fight to protect their country and their loved ones, no targets should be off limits. I keep hearing things like, oh if we do this they will hate us more and it will be easy for them to recruit America haters. This is possibly the stupidest thing I have ever heard and shows a total lack of understanding about just about everything involved in conflict..

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock