Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  I Just Drank Some Organic Milk...If That's Real Milk, I'll Stick With The Fake Stuff!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I Just Drank Some Organic Milk...If That's Real Milk, I'll Stick With The Fake Stuff! by Boondawg
Started on: 06-05-2014 09:35 PM
Replies: 33 (423 views)
Last post by: spark1 on 06-10-2014 02:42 AM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2014 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It tasted......real.
*shudder*
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dontcha mean *udder*?

You're strange! You hated fruit that tasted fake and loved fruit that actually tasted like fruit, but you shy away from organic milk?

Organic milk is the only organic 'anything' that I can taste a difference. It's so creamy and delicious.

Maybe you had "raw milk"? Or human milk?

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 06-05-2014).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was breastfed vodka and pills. I can clearly remember the taste. Of course I was 9, so, yeah.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like almond milk. That stuff is tasty.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

It tasted......real.
*shudder*

You probably paid extra for it too. Should of gave some to the cat first and you would of known better.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, it was creamy.....that's the problem.
I've only ever drank the chemically thin stuff.

And it's color was off....kinda' bluish-gray.
It almost looked like breast milk!

Well, I guess it is...
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Spoon:

You probably paid extra for it too. Should of gave some to the cat first and you would of known better.

Spoon

It was $6.00 bucks....I got it for $3.00.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

It was $6.00 bucks....I got it for $3.00.

Half priced milk cannot be good!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Half priced milk cannot be good!

Yes, especially when it has a blue hue!!!

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Yes, especially when it has a blue hue!!!

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the the milk you drink with the corn, tomatoes and other veggies you get from the Blue Harvest?

I'm blue
LA da dee LA de da
LA da deeeee LA de da
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just mean it wasn't bleachy-bleach white like the stuff I'm used to.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this thread in relation to the "texture was familiar" thread?
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just the thought of unflavored milk is enough to make me feel like gagging. As a mere tadpole, I would drink chocolate-flavored milk. Not something I would do now.

I have been repulsed by milk for as long as I can remember. I was bottle fed. My mom said that she thought that I was put off it because she inadvertently gave me a bottle to suck with milk that had gone sour. But I don't think that story makes sense. I am not lactose intolerant. I know that it is not at all uncommon for folks to feel averse to milk. In my case, it's extreme. I couldn't win the Indy 500, because of what they do (dump milk all over the winner). If the Taliban got ahold of me, they could threaten to "milk-board" me and get anything that I had knowledge of.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-05-2014).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try fresh raw goats milk Boonie, does taste a little different than regular milk but not in a way that would put you off milk. But buy it from a local farmer who milks their own goats, we drink it all the time and I could never go back to regular milk especially that skin milk or 10% stuff.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I have been repulsed by milk for as long as I can remember. I was bottle fed. My mom said she just wanted to be friends...

That's how I thought that sentence was going to end!
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Warning: It's dangerous to drink raw, unpasteurized milk. All the milk sold across State lines must be pasteurized per Federal Law. Many States also have the same Rule for milk distributed intrastate.

I know many will say that they drink/drank raw milk for many years without a problem. So did I but unless you have total control over all the processes of gathering and storing the milk, this isn't a good idea.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having seen many thousands of pounds of raw cow's milk in my life, straight from the teats, I can't say I've ever seen any blue or gray colored milk, except some bovine colostrum that I have frozen in a zip lock bag in my freezer.

Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

I could never go back to regular milk especially that skin milk or 10% stuff.

Steve

Skin milk? that sounds really really weird, awful, and possibly perverted!

I don't think whole milk tops out much over 4%.
spark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Skim milk is hog swill.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Try fresh raw goats milk Boonie, does taste a little different than regular milk but not in a way that would put you off milk. But buy it from a local farmer who milks their own goats, we drink it all the time and I could never go back to regular milk especially that skin milk or 10% stuff.

Steve

Just don't try to make Jello Instant Pudding with it...
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Red88FF:

Skin milk? that sounds really really weird, awful, and possibly perverted!

Yes, maybe it would be wise to determine at this time whether that off colored, rich, creamy 'milk' came from an animal with 4 "hangdowns"--or just one.....

Good:

Bad (to the bone) :

Pappy ain't happy and when pappy ain't happy nobody's happy...

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 06-06-2014).]

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I was breastfed vodka and pills. I can clearly remember the taste. Of course I was 9, so, yeah.

This morning I made my cereal with Jack Daniels and breast-milk.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My health conscious brother calls milk cow puss.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

My health conscious brother calls milk cow puss.

Milks good for you, milks bad for you, milks good for you, milks bad for you, wait around another month and it will be good for you again. I never listen to those healthy food people, if they had their way we would be grazing in the pastures with our goats and Dons cattle.

Oh ya Gokart, next time you see your health conscious brother tell him I said he is puss!

And give him my address, please.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 06-06-2014).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Originally posted by maryjane:

Bad (to the bone) :

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

84fiero123

29950 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Originally posted by maryjane:

Bad (to the bone) :

Melanie said he's gorgeous,
of course she thought I had a cute butt when we met, so there is no accounting for her taste I guess.

I don't think he looks like he wanted his picture taken from the look you are getting Don, I hope you were using the zoom on your camera from the other side of the fence when you took that picture.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 06-06-2014).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aww . I was hoping someone would ask about using goats milk to make instant pudding.

We used to have a French Alpine goat back when I was in the FFA. She was a pure breed named Fancy Dance Acres Chenelle No. 5 (if I recall correctly). We drank goats milk for several years back then. My wife finds the idea disgusting, but then she also thinks the idea that we raised pigs and rabbits so we could slaughter and eat them disgusting also. She is even iffy on the idea of all the chickens we had to get fresh eggs from. Let alone the idea of butchering the chickens when they didn't produce anymore and using the meat in pot pie and such so it had plenty of time to get tender. Well, at least as of late I've got her to agree to try deer and such, so long as she doesn't have to see it before it's dead.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 06-07-2014).]

TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't tell any difference.
spark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

Were the cows contented?

I drank reconstructed milk from a mechanical cow for a year and real milk still tastes odd to me.
The reconstructed milk didn't have that milk odor and it was creamier.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boonie, you can also get organic milk in 2%, 1%, or even fat free variations. I like the fact that it carries a much longer expiration date than regular milk. I might use a quart quickly, and then the rest of it might sit in the fridge for a while. The regular stuff goes bad pretty fast...the organic doesn't. Makes it worth the extra cost to me.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those who don't know the difference types. (referring to cow milk only)
Raw milk--straight from the cow--not heated (pasturized) and not homogenized (butterfat gobules broken up). Nothing added (vit D etc) or removed. It's generally left up to the states whether raw milk can be purchased by the public right off the farm. May or may not be "organic or 100% grass fed cows.

Regular retail milk--lots of different varieties) but all is heated to 120 deg F to retard bacteria growth (pasturization) , homogenized to reduce or eliminate clumping, most is reduced butterfat, and it comes from cows that are predominantly fed commercial feeds, have been vaccinated, most likely fed artificial growth hormones, vitamins added during the processing, cows have been fed GMO grains etc.

Organic--this is where things get murky. Organic can mean anything--or even nothing but generally speaking, it has more to do with how the cow is cared for than the process after she is milked.Tthe milk comes from cows who have not been given antibiotics (USDA and organic associates allow some leeway if a a withdrawal period after injection is observed and adhered to) no growth hormones allowed in feed or injection, not fed GMO grains (gmo grains not even allowed on premises or grown next door). Most organic milk you see in grocery stores has been pasteurized, and depending, is probably homogenized. There may or may not have been pesticide use on the cow to keep flies/mites/lice off her--again, depends on the association awarding the "organic" label certification.
You can buy organic 2%, skim and every other variety, as the organic label just reflects how the farm cares for it's animals. Unless label states it, the cows are not 100% grass fed. IMO, the "organic" label doesn't mean a hill of beans.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TK:

I've tried a few that tasted almost exactly like "regular milk", but there are two brands that are so creamy, they almost taste like half-and half. So creamy!
spark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two types of pasteurization are being used in the U.S.:

http://www.organicvalley.co...milk/pasteurization/

I think the ultra high temperature method will eventually win out here like it has almost everywhere else.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock