Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The deer are falling, the deer are falling!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
The deer are falling, the deer are falling! by 84fiero123
Started on: 05-29-2014 07:40 AM
Replies: 5 (171 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 05-30-2014 08:20 AM
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Click Here to Email 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Deer leaps from Illinois overpass onto minivan.

May 28, 12:20 PM (ET)
(AP) This photo taken on Tuesday, May 27, 2014, shows the damaged windshield of the...
Full Image

WEST DUNDEE, Ill. (AP) — A suburban Chicago woman is grateful her family is safe after a 200 pound deer leapt from an overpass, landing on their minivan as it traveled along an Illinois interstate.

Heidi Conner tells The (Arlington Heights) Daily Herald ( http://bit.ly/1pxqNzj ) the doe came to rest in the middle of the West Dundee family's Chevy on Sunday. She and her four children were traveling about 70 mph on the Jane Addams Tollway.

She says the accident was bizarre, adding "nobody can believe this deer fell from the sky."

Illinois State Police say witnesses reported seeing the deer jump from an overpass.

Conner says the crash totaled the van and caused minor injuries, but says the way the deer landed on the vehicle was "a miracle in itself."

Police say the animal died.

http://apnews.excite.com/ar...deer-8dcf2225a2.html

picture of the minivan damage at the link.

I knew a girl in TN who had something like that happen on an interstate and she really got messed up, the deer jumped off a cliff in that case. glad these people didn't get hurt as badly as she did.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 296
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hit one with an E-350 several years ago....3 ran across the road and I pegged the brakes and missed them.....and just as I started rolling again (under 5mph) the 4th darted in front of me and I couldnt get it stopped again in time.

Just touched him, yet he destroyed the grill, bent the bumper and cracked one headlight. I think I would have done less damage bumping a brick wall at the same speed. They are one SOLID animal to tap with a truck.

and too add insult to injury, this guy turned his head, looked right at me, and calmly walked away like to say "frack you, Mike"
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bet the woman yelled, "Oh dear!"

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 05-29-2014).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 457
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarClick Here to Email RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Or maybe, "Buck!" ...or something like that.

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckClick Here to Email whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

How about "What the buck?"

------------------
Whade' "Darkwing" Duck
Fieroless (11/18/12)

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Click Here to Email 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone who worked at China Mart last year had a bad dent in the hood of their dodge minivan and in black marker they had a statement above it saying,

"The Buck Stopped here!"

Steve

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock