Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Maybe I shouldn't have punched the side of that solid wood bookcase

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Maybe I shouldn't have punched the side of that solid wood bookcase by Cheever3000
Started on: 04-30-2014 07:26 PM
Replies: 29 (432 views)
Last post by: heybjorn on 05-02-2014 05:40 PM
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kinda makes it hard to type and work the mouse.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phreakboy4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phreakboy4Send a Private Message to phreakboy4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like you may have broke a few bones in your hand.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phreakboy4:

looks like you may have broke a few bones in your hand.

When I was young I squished the middle knuckle when I hit a guy on the cheekbone, and this doesn't feel nearly as bad as that did.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why did you do that?

I mostly tend to throw stuff, not hit stuff.

Might want to go see a doctor and get an x-ray.

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 04-30-2014).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-30-2014 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dont ya know a bookcase is considered a lethal adversary and you are supposed to shoot it, not not try to take it on with your bare hands !!
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Why is there no hole in this wall?" - Peter Griffin
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Why did you do that?

I mostly tend to throw stuff, not hit stuff.

Oh, you know... just mad at life in general.
First I threw the chair that was in front of the bookcase, then I saw the bookcase and thought "Yeah, that's the ticket". I guess being full of books made it even more solid. Duh.
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I quit doing that stuff when I got tired of fixing things and waiting for other things to heal. Remember the older you get the longer it takes to heal.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've done that. Broke the bone in my hand that extends up from the pinky.
I don't do that any more.
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My downstairs bathroom has a hole in the wall right above the toilet. After trying several times to unstop the clogged throne and splashing poop water out on my feet, the wall felt my wrath. When all was said and done, my hand hurt, the wall needs to be repaired and the toilet was still stopped up but my hand was too screwed up to hold the plunger. Play the game, win the prize
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cooter:

My downstairs bathroom has a hole in the wall right above the toilet. After trying several times to unstop the clogged throne and splashing poop water out on my feet, the wall felt my wrath. When all was said and done, my hand hurt, the wall needs to be repaired and the toilet was still stopped up but my hand was too screwed up to hold the plunger. Play the game, win the prize

Yeah, but after that, you didn't mind your poopy feet so much anymore, right?
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I quit doing things like that when my wife pointed out to me that breaking my own stuff in my own house can be considered domestic violence (or something like that). Who wants to have a police record or grounds for divorce for breaking your own stuff?
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope the bookcase learned its lesson....

[This message has been edited by Neils88 (edited 04-30-2014).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Next time, have some bacon wrapped onion rings before you start.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

these will mess your hand up with no glove too , imagine a hard thing
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May not be a popular response... but...
http://www.apa.org/topics/a.../control.aspx?item=1

Things to think about...
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I shouldn't have punched the side of that solid wood bookcase by Cheever3000

Ya think,

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now I feel better.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Now I feel better.

It would be cool if that could be printed on reactive paper that turns progressively darker each time it is struck. I think lots of people would like to give him a black eye.

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Dont ya know a bookcase is considered a lethal adversary and you are supposed to shoot it, not not try to take it on with your bare hands !!

Only if you fear for your life.
PFF
System Bot
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:It would be cool if that could be printed on reactive paper that turns progressively darker each time it is struck. I think lots of people would like to give him a black eye.

I think I would stick to slapping the bag. I believe that he just does not understand.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

May not be a popular response... but...
http://www.apa.org/topics/a.../control.aspx?item=1

Things to think about...

Good read. I sent the link to the White House.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by a few people
My downstairs bathroom has a hole in the wall right above the toilet.

How do you guys know where the studs are ? I can't hit a stud with a nail/screw, but my fist can find them, .

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-02-2014).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Okay, I gots ta know... what's the tune being played there? Freebird? Hey Jude? The Hendrix version of Star Spangled Banner?
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

How do you guys know where the studs are ? I can't hit a stud with a nail/screw, but my fist can find them, .

How do I know where the stud is? Ask the wife. She always knows where I am.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:
How do I know where the stud is? Ask the wife. She always knows where I am.

From what she tells me you are far from the stud you were years ago, at least that's what she tells me anyway,

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jealousy rears its ugly head again, and I do mean ugly. Jealousy and envy don't look good on you, Steve.

Just so you have the right perspective :

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:
Ask the wife. She always knows where I am.

My wife says she never heard of you.
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just because she has told you everything you know doesn't mean she tells you everything she knows.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock