OFFENHAUSER Intake Manifold Inquiry by ENRUTH
Started on: 11-10-2022 04:08 PM
Replies: 8 (516 views)
Last post by: fierocarb on 11-20-2022 10:31 AM
ENRUTH

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2022 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ENRUTHClick Here to visit ENRUTH's HomePageSend a Private Message to ENRUTHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all! My name is Ian, and I work for Offenhauser. I am currently trying to gauge the interest in our 6272-DP Intake manifold for GM 60 Degree v6. It runs a Holley #0-6229 390 CFM Carburetor. If anyone would be interested please respond to this post so we can gauge the demand.

I currently own an 86 Fiero and am in the process of installing one of these on the car. From what I have researched and measured this intake should fit under the hood of the Fiero with no clearance issues.

Again it is important to reply to this if you are interested in this product.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2022 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since I'm in California also, how are you getting around smog? As you know, some of the stock Fieros barely pass smog out here.

And in all due honesty, I'd buy one just to have an Offenhauser part on my vehicle. That name is historically famous in the automotive world. Also some Offenhauser engraved valve covers would be awesome.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 11-10-2022).]

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2022 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other than the "cool" factor, is there really any benefit to taking a MPFI engine and converting it to carburetor?
ENRUTH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2022 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ENRUTHClick Here to visit ENRUTH's HomePageSend a Private Message to ENRUTHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For IMSA GT:

Yeah, being in California certainly makes using this intake more challenging. My honest goal was to have an EFI setup running either a FITECH unit or a Sniper EFI from Holley and have it set up where when I need to smog it I can just swap the old intake back and plug everything back in. Especially considering the Fiero already has the plumbing for fuel injection. Not a perfect solution but like you said just having a product from Offenhauser Racing on a Fiero is worth it to me .

Places outside of California should have an easier time with this installation. Just depends on emissions regulations.
ENRUTH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2022 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ENRUTHClick Here to visit ENRUTH's HomePageSend a Private Message to ENRUTHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ENRUTH

4 posts
Member since Oct 2022

To Cam-A-Lot

There are several benefits depending on how you use it! If you are looking to simplify things in the engine bay, and clean it up, the carb will definitely give you the performance without the complexity. If you enjoy fuel injection and want to simply go that route then there are ways to adapt that as well. Finding someone I trust to properly tune or adjust the stock ECM from the Fiero is getting harder to do. Where as if you go with a Sniper EFI or FITECH fuel injection unit, you have all of the control as to how you want the parameters of the efi to perform. There's also the benefit of an improved airflow with less bends than the stock intake which would see promising results if your heads and exhaust were ported to compensate for the increase.

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2022 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you happen to notice the last bolded sentence in the ad?

It wouldn't be an issue if you ran a tbi unit, but could cause a carb float issue that would take some adjustment to fix.

Several have ran the edelbrock carb intake over the years and a few milled the carb mount flange so it was level in the chassis.

ENRUTH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2022 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ENRUTHClick Here to visit ENRUTH's HomePageSend a Private Message to ENRUTHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a general statement to help clarify things. A carburetor WILL work with this intake even in transverse set ups.
The OFFENHAUSER intake is a two piece design and it is not an issue to make the upper half level to accommodate for Carb set ups on transverse engines.
If there are any other concerns or questions let me know!

Also just to remind anyone who is interested, please reply to this thread so that I can push this product and have more castings made!
Thank you.
D3M6B

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2022 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for D3M6BSend a Private Message to D3M6BEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in this

I'm sure you have a prototype developed. Can we some Dyno run numbers?
fierocarb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2022 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarbSend a Private Message to fierocarbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the carb setup on mine already and would be interested to hear more.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock