'88 body side molding by jasper
Started on: 09-28-2021 07:33 PM
Replies: 5 (223 views)
Last post by: thelinsells on 10-01-2021 07:43 PM
jasper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2021 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasperSend a Private Message to jasperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two questions:
1. Are any vendors on here making or selling new smooth body side molding?
2. Is the side molding solid all the way through, just a solid outward facing piece, or some other configuration?

The reasons for the questions are that I'm contemplating relocating the side marker lights, and as a result need the areas occupied by the current lights to be solid.

Thanks...........

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thelinsells

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2021 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the plain side molding .Wold you like me to cut it down so as to ship for a reasonable rate?
jasper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2021 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasperSend a Private Message to jasperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you give me particulars such as:
1. Is this a used piece?
2. If not, how long is it?
3. Can it be attached by glue, or does it need to be attached mechanically?
4. Is it bendable, or heatable to form a bend?
5. Is it solid or hollow but rigid?

Sorry for what may appear to be stupid questions but as I said in the first post, I'm contemplating moving the side marker lights and am trying to ascertain the best way to fill the areas now occupied by the lenses.
I don't see any issue replacing the sections on the front fenders, but am thinking the best way to do the rear fenders is with a piece that wraps all the way around the rear of the car, as opposed to piecing in the two sides. If I have to go that way I will, but without knowing the details of the nature of the material, I'm a bit lost.

Thanks for the response.

Rich
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2021 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a semi-circle that is hollow with areas for mounting tabs. Your best bet is to buy a piece of door molding from the Fiero Store here:
https://www.fierostore.com/...322%20%20%20%20%20LH

It is a long enough piece so you can cut it down and you'll have enough for both sides of the front. For the rear, they don't make one continuous piece. The plastic is flexible as far as twisting but there is no way to bend it with the curve without it flattening out.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-30-2021).]

jasper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2021 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jasperSend a Private Message to jasperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Linsells and IMSA GT

I think I'm going to remove one of the front pieces and get more first hand knowledge about what my resolutions may be. Appreciate the input.
thelinsells

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2021 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thelinsellsSend a Private Message to thelinsellsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the process should be //// you tell me how long the piece should be and I supply to your order.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock