Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: C5 Front (13") and C4 Rear (12") Brake Conversion Brackets for 84-87 Fieros

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: C5 Front (13") and C4 Rear (12") Brake Conversion Brackets for 84-87 Fieros by doublec4
Started on: 11-11-2020 10:11 AM
Replies: 7 (665 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 03-21-2021 05:58 AM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EDIT: NEW LOWER PRICE... $115 for the set!

Got the C5 front conversion brackets back up for sale for anyone interested! It has been a while and I have had lots of requests over the past few years but they are back!

https://via-autoworks.my-on...002281_20747110.aspx

Please contact me through my website if you have any questions as I'm not on the forums as frequently anymore.

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 03-08-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2020 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2020 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy New Year everyone! Let me know if I can set anyone up for a Corvette brake swap for 2021

Best wishes!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2021 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpity bump... still have a few sets available for those looking for Corvette stopping power!

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump again, new lower price, check the first post and link! Clearing out remaining stock, will not be stocking again. Get them while they last.

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 03-08-2021).]

Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2021 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will these brackets work with F-body calipers from the same time period? I did the F-body upgrade on my old Grand Prix and recall you could interchange the calipers and brackets from either the C5 or F-body cars.

If so, I’ll definitely order a set.

edit: sent you a message on your website as well.

[This message has been edited by Jfrost (edited 03-11-2021).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2021 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jfrost:

Will these brackets work with F-body calipers from the same time period? I did the F-body upgrade on my old Grand Prix and recall you could interchange the calipers and brackets from either the C5 or F-body cars.

If so, I’ll definitely order a set.

edit: sent you a message on your website as well.

Let me know if you got my reply from the site. It should be possible as some of those cars with the LS1 from later years had the same calipers that were found on the C5. I believe you will need the C5 abutment brackets for the C5 rotors so that the rotor offset and abutment bracket match.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2021 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those of us thinking about this swap probably need more Q &A details.
You need the adapter brackets. OK this is a given.
If you use the Corvette C5 calipers that means that you must use the C5 rotors that have a different bolt pattern on the hubs.
What machining steps are necessary?
Assume that you need 17" rims, the Corvette Master cylinder, brake booster and most likely longer brake lines.
If there is a video on how this is done please point us to it. Thanks

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock