Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  WTB: Looking for 88 with fried motor. Otherwise good. Trade or sell Automoda roller.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
WTB: Looking for 88 with fried motor. Otherwise good. Trade or sell Automoda roller. by Raydar
Started on: 03-15-2015 05:40 PM
Replies: 21 (1246 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 05-13-2015 02:01 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit - Pics posted below...

I can hear the "WTFs" already.

A few months ago, I acquired a non-running Automoda conversion with <20K on the car. And it looks it.
I really didn't care anything about the drop top. Truthfully, I just purchased it to help a friend out.
It has an SD4 which is looking like it will be a lot of fun to play with (and probably quite finicky to keep running.)

So here's my offer...
As I mentioned, I really don't care about the drop top. Or the fact that it's an 84 (since all my spare parts and skill sets are "88 related".)
I would prefer to keep the SD drivetrain, however, and plug it into something else.

I will trade the 84 Automoda roller for an 88 roller.
The engine and/or tranny can be toast, but it must be otherwise mechanically and cosmetically sound. No major rust or required work. (Hopefully, the same condition as the Automoda is.) It also must be a manual.
I would prefer a Formula, but a coupe is okay. Not really interested in GTs, but won't turn down a nice one if you're okay with the trade.
If it's not bright red or black, that would be a bonus.

I will also sell the car outright. $3500 as a roller. (No engine, trans or axles. I will bolt the hubs together so that it can be moved.)
$6K with the motor, running. (It's running now. I'm tying up loose ends.) Price with the motor is firm, since I really want to keep it. But if you want it that badly...

I will absolutely not part the car, other than the drivetrain. If you want to buy it to part out, that's your business. But I don't want to hear about it. Please. It's way too nice for that. (Did I mention it has less than 20K on it?)
The car, as I mentioned, is very nice, and loaded with goodies and options, in addition to the Automoda conversion. KYBs, leather everywhere, rear sway bar, etc. It's near show quality with a little bit of cleanup, touchup, and detailing.

Anyone?

There are pics all over the forum in various threads. I can repost them here, or take new pics of anything specific that you may want to see.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-17-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If one day you or ANYONE decides to sell the Automoda Top I would buy it .....dont need an 84 roller though. I'm presently doing mine and I really want an automoda top.

thanks
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$3500 for the Automoda top would be a bargain.
How many do you see for sale?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

$3500 for the Automoda top would be a bargain.
How many do you see for sale?

Hummm I wonder what is the UPS going rate for a rolling chassis fiero ... compared to a complete automoda top If I remember correctly my lambo hinges 39 pounds cost me via UPS around 79$ so the rolling chassis should be around 3K to 4K to get it here ..... If someone wants the 84 without the top.. contact me maybe we could do some type of deal with Raydar .... I do have Mr Scaduto plans for the Automoda Top ... but would prefer to get one all built.
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-16-2015).]

kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm... $3500 without engine or $6k with... Does that mean the SD4 is for sale for $2500?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

Hmm... $3500 without engine or $6k with... Does that mean the SD4 is for sale for $2500?

Ummm... I'm thinking not. Just that I'll include it with the rest of the car for that.
Obviously, there is a much larger market for the SD, alone, than the whole enchilada.
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Totally understand. Jealous. Enjoy it Someday I'll have one
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received a PM request for pics.

Charlie Horse even posted some construction pics.

Here's some pics and a video posted by the previous owner.
https://www.flickr.com/phot...s/72157627852471563/

The video sounds like kwrap. It had a broken header and a misfire at idle.
The header has been replaced. The idle misfire is the next issue to be addressed. (Off idle, it runs great.)

In some of the pics, the car is missing its engine vent covers. I have those, too.

If you want pics of anything specific, please let me know.

Thanks!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay... Drove it around some, earlier in the week. Carbs need rebuilt. Badly. Looking for suitable kits.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpity...
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...... wrong thread ....

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-22-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2015 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alley ooop!
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Alley ooop!

???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alley_Oop

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:
???

...also means "upsy daisy" or "bump"
Carl Calderone

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the car is really nice.... and the motor is REALLY nice, Id pay 25....if you put it in for me !!!
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im heading down to Atlanta soon
If any of you guys from the north need this car hauled let me know
Can deliver to Niagara or Michigan area and.Ontario Canada
Have.an enclosed 24ft trailer
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...also means "upsy daisy" or "bump"

I know but my post was funnier. (And you got a free bump. )

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2015 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Monkeyman

15810 posts
Member since Nov 1999

I will trade the 84 Automoda roller for an 88 roller.
The engine and/or tranny can be toast, but it must be otherwise mechanically and cosmetically sound. No major rust or required work. (Hopefully, the same condition as the Automoda is.) It also must be a manual.
I would prefer a Formula...
If it's not bright red or black, that would be a bonus.

Hmmm...How about a Formula that desparately needs paint? (Hey! It's NOT bright red or black. Well, parts of it are. ) Interior is rough and it's got a auto but the tranny needs work anyway. It's a 2nd Fiero I was planning on selling anyway.

It was worth a try. I can't believe you haven't sold that yet. That's NICE!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2015 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Hmmm...How about a Formula that desparately needs paint? (Hey! It's NOT bright red or black. Well, parts of it are. ) Interior is rough and it's got a auto but the tranny needs work anyway. It's a 2nd Fiero I was planning on selling anyway.

It was worth a try. I can't believe you haven't sold that yet. That's NICE!

Thanks. This is a niche within a niche, so I'm not surprised.
If nothing else, the guy who I bought it from will buy it back from me, and reimburse me for all the repair work that I've done. Assuming he's out of the hole he's in, by then. But I'm not in a huge hurry.

Edit - There's a chance I might be moving to west GA in the not-too-distant future, and building a big garage.
If that happens before I sell it, I'll probably just keep it.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-18-2015).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent .............

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM returned.....
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2015 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<Bumpity>

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock