transmission adapter needed by everett842m4
Started on: 07-31-2014 11:53 AM
Replies: 6 (318 views)
Last post by: everett842m4 on 08-01-2014 04:43 PM
everett842m4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for everett842m4Send a Private Message to everett842m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey guys im having a very hard time finding a key part to my upcoming build i need a trans adapter to go from my th125 to a sbc engine i emailed archie but i did not get any reply the only other thing im looking for is the engine mounts for this set up if i cant find them i can fabricate them if need be , please let me know what you have an how much you want for it , thanks in advance
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Give Archie a chance to respond. He is retired and just moved to Vegas, but still servicing the Fiero market.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That transmission will not last behind a SBC.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BrittB:

mypontiac2

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mypontiac2Send a Private Message to mypontiac2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make an offer.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BrittB:

FWIW - that is not a very well informed opinion...
people have been doing it for years, and generally the autos handle the power better than the manuals.

That being noted - I would strongly recommend swapping out the TH125 for 440T4/4T60 - it will be a much more-pleasing end result.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

everett842m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for everett842m4Send a Private Message to everett842m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey guys i have spoke with archie an he did help alot he's great to talk to an gave me more insight on the swap i ended up just calling him , an the trans lasting will depend on the experience of the builder but even archie says that it can an will work depending how its built an adjusted just to clear that up , an mypontiac2 you have a pm

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock