Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  ~~ LED Lighting Setups ~~ by Mister ~~ (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
~~ LED Lighting Setups ~~ by Mister ~~ by Mister
Started on: 03-05-2007 09:47 PM
Replies: 69 (7014 views)
Last post by: Oregon88 on 03-23-2016 06:19 PM
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
~ Engine Bay Lighting Setup ~

~ Idea: Color lights to enhance the looks of the engine bay, Fiero side scoop and car interior

~ Concept: Use of bright body color LEDs in a way that the effect is seen with minimum visibility of the light source.

~ Parts:
1. "Clear Water" LEDs 2.2V - peak power 60,000mcd @ 100mA - Color red
2. 220ohm resistors (your application most likely require different resistance, depending on type and number of LEDs, connection method and power source)
3. LED socket - depending on your application, decide between the simple 'socket' type which leaves the entire LED exposed (more surrounding light effect) or the 'screw housing' type which blocks the diameter of the led and creates a more direct beam effect.
4. Wires and heat shrinks (insulation sleeves)
(Beginners tip: don’t forget to put the sleeve on the wire before connecting/soldering and far away from the heat source)
5. Wire clamps (tapping)
6. 2 Rocker switches (on-off-on) with plastic holder bracket

~ Some of the parts used ~

~ Tools: Drill, 5mm metal drill bit, hot glue gun, wire cutters, solder, 3rd hand tool (really helps with soldering) insulation tape, courage

~ To plan and calculate your LED setup you can use the following info and links:

http://www.metku.net/index....ds/ledcalc/index_eng
http://www.weethet.nl/engli...istor_calculator.php

~ Resistor calculator on www.weethet.nl/ ~

~ Installation and wiring: (Depending on the function you prefer)
1. I used the wires running to the trunk light, this way when the trunk is closed all lights turn OFF. These wires run from the engine compartment to the trunk rail on the D/S of the engine bay.
2. Wire each LED to (+) source with a proper resistor

3. Wire ground wires from the trunk light source to a 3 position rocker switch (I've installed the switch away from eye-sight)

4. Choose your desired illumination subject. (in this example it’s the Fiero upper plenum)
Test aim your light source, make sure you get the object lit properly with minimum shadowing. Choose the angle that utilizes the most of the LED beam (done best in a dark environment)
5. The next step is not for the faint of heart LOL, Punch mark your drill point, AND... drill your Fiero trunk wall away … (pay attention to wires and hoses) you get 1 chance to drill it right, if its off you’ll have to use glue to hold the LED in the right direction.
4. Test fit your LEDs in place and inspect illumination, when result is satisfying set LEDs in place (use of hot glue is optional)

~ 3 Trunk wall LEDs facing the engine ~

~ Angled drill detail ~

5. For the deck-lid lock LED you’ll need to run a power (+) wire through the deck-lid beam. There is a wiring harness running through there so be careful. (I used a metal wire to "fish" the wire up and it wasn’t that difficult)
6. Ground (-) is supplied by the deck-lid switch (this LED is always ON until you close the trunk and the ground is cut off, I didn't bother with figuring that bug out)

~ Trunk lock wire in deck-lid beam (blue line) ~

~ Trunk lock LED mounted with double sided tape to lock ~

Note: If you're looking for an easy way do this and don't care too much for "perfect" results, one or two LEDs from this angle would cover the entire engine just fine.

~ Engine bay lights operation:
1. Show mode - Up Position = All LEDs ON
2. Daily use - Down position = Stock trunk light ON
3. Override - Center position = All lights are OFF
4. Master override - Trunk closed switch overrides all lights to OFF

~ And now for the results….

LEDs off

LEDs on

LEDs off

LEDs on

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Fiero Side Scoop LED Setup ~

~ Installation: (so simple it hurts)

1. Drill hole through center back wall of side scoop and set the LED in place.
(Estimated installation time 46 seconds)

~ Wiring:
In order to achieve the dual function light I’ve used 2 alternate current sources.
1. Wire (+) source 1 from constant battery source to rocker switch
2. Wire (+) source 2 from side marker light to rocker switch

3. Wire (+) from rocker switch to LED with proper resistor
4. Wire (ground) constant wire to LED

~ Wires in a protective plastic tube inside the wheel well (black tube)~

~ LED wired in place ~

(Sorry, the hand model was sick that day )

~ Operation:
1. Show mode - Up Position = Scoop light ON
2. Drive mode - Down position = Scoop light turns ON when marker lights are on
3. Override - Center position = Scoop light OFF

~ Results…

~ Night shots...
These are the actual shots (no Photoshop) the red LED over red plenum comes out glowing in a 1 sec exposure of my digital camera…

**Please note that a forward facing RED light is not legal for street use, I would recommend
Using an amber LED for street usage**

~ Interior red lights ~

To follow the lighting theme of my Fiero I’ve replaced all interior white lights to exact replacement red bulbs, and placed designated rubber red caps on the dome lights.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suggestions and comments are always welcome, please share your own similar projects.

Good luck, and enjoy the drive

***Disclaimer: This is an amateur write-up of my ideas. Information here is provided for explanation of the general idea, I’m not a car electrician nor will I’ll be held responsible for any damage to your car, electrical components, your garage going in a blaze or destruction of your marriage life Please use at your owe risk - Thanks.***

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 03-05-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Leafy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, I like the Glow effect on the Intake manifold.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. I may do something similar.
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a great job! Looks like I have yet another project to work on... I'd like to see some better shots of your interior.
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look Nice .just this one on this pic .. I would be worried about ..Is it cop friendly ..I know the police around here would make me take it off in minute ..but look cool do ..I love the engine bay ..Good job well done ..Rob

[This message has been edited by Newbfiero (edited 03-05-2007).]

partsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partsmanSend a Private Message to partsmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that looks pretty cool. you did a excellent job.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that engine bay is AWESOME!
jack_ink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah! I am gonna try it with HOT pink led rope light stuff cause I am goin HOT PINK on my fiero I keep forever

edited for spelling

[This message has been edited by jack_ink (edited 03-05-2007).]

dreyko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dreykoSend a Private Message to dreykoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can we get a pic of the side scoop from a distance?
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great job man! I wonder what a black light would look like if you had reactive covers on certain wiring and such.

Brad
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the great response

Originally posted by Newbfiero:I would be worried about ..Is it cop friendly ..I know the police around here would make me take it off in minute ..

As posted above : **Please note that a forward facing RED light is not legal for street use, I would recommend using an amber LED for street usage**

I'm running with the scoop mod since Jan 1st and drove by some QC police cruisers, no comments so far...

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:I'd like to see some better shots of your interior.

I added some brightness to this shot, I'll get a better shot soon.

Originally posted by dreyko: can we get a pic of the side scoop from a distance?

I'll post more pics as soon as I'll snap some more

------------------

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks awesome buddy, I really like the engine LEDS.... makes it light up like a gem

------------------

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's pretty neat..And a great build-up. +

Bob
alex de jorge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alex de jorgeSend a Private Message to alex de jorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Outstanding job. It looks awesome.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that I look at it again, kinda looks like you're running REAL hot

got some serious manifold glow going on there lol

------------------

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4: Now that I look at it again, kinda looks like you're running REAL hot got some serious manifold glow going on there lol

Thanks doublec4
I'm sure you know how hot it is now days in Montreal about -18*
AP2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AP2kSend a Private Message to AP2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats sweet looking. I really like how the intake plenum looks like its fluorescing.
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AP2k:Thats sweet looking. I really like how the intake plenum looks like its fluorescing.

Thanks, please note that these are 1 second exposures with a digital camera, the glow is enhanced a bit by the camera. I'll take more evening pictures ASAP that would give you a better color balance.

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 03-06-2007).]

drumwzrd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post03-06-2007 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drumwzrdSend a Private Message to drumwzrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is great about this is that you can do this for under $20.00.....Take it from me, I'm an electronics guy..it is time consuming but worth every minute!!!

GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lucky13Send a Private Message to Lucky13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so for the interior you just replaced the 4 stock lights with red aftermarket lights? Thats too easy..
Know of a store where they would sell these parts?
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What, no LEDs in the door handle pockets?
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:

Thanks doublec4
I'm sure you know how hot it is now days in Montreal about -18*

yeah we've had close to some -40 days here with the "wind chill"
AquaHusky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AquaHuskySend a Private Message to AquaHuskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a sweet show idea for the engine bay. But with the settings on the camera the way they were, it looks like your intake is glowing red hot.
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

What, no LEDs in the door handle pockets?

Now that would be getting into Ricer terittory
Looks good just the way it is.

By Law it saw no red lights on the front of the car, but if you put the LED inside the bumper and only see the glow effect on the radiator and not the actual bulb, would that be legal? I've seen it done to one of the new Chargers, makes it look like he's running a little on the warm side. Plus you get people driving around with red neons doing the same effect.

------------------

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by drumwzrd: What is great about this is that you can do this for under $20.00.....Take it from me, I'm an electronics guy..it is time consuming but worth every minute!!! GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right on the money...literally

Originally posted by Lucky13: so for the interior you just replaced the 4 stock lights with red aftermarket lights? Thats too easy.. Know of a store where they would sell these parts?

You are right as well, cheap and easy...Your local "Canadian Tire" (in Canada) / "Wall-Mart" etc. should have the color bulbs, I found the rubber bulb covers in a surplus store.

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:What, no LEDs in the door handle pockets?

All in good time my friend...not in the door handles but in the tires valve caps for sure LMAO...
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice Job! The plenum looks like an "Alien" heart when it's lit up like that - cool effect!

I put a small LED in the blank spot of the rear defrost switch. I picked up a plate with no defroster switch and drilled a hole for the LED in the middle and put a toggle switch below. It blinks - when the switch is turned "on" to be a "fake" car alarm!
I used a seperate 9v battery - that hides in behind the switch assembly.

Dave

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 03-07-2007).]

Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2007 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a problem with the side scoop. Forget entirely about cops, think about the old woman who might mistake it for a brake light.
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what about using different colour LEDs to suit the cars that are not red
The Gold Fiero should have yellow superbright LEDs
I can get green,red,blue,white,Lime all in Superbrights
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, this is so cool! I'm sorry but very soon I'll copy your idea

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed Yellow: Nitrous 3.4 + 4 speed Auto
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:
All in good time my friend...not in the door handles but in the tires valve caps for sure LMAO...

Don't they throw off your wheel balance? I seem to remember putting what I thought was a set of "cool" looking valve stem caps on a Toyota pickup once and I could have sworn that it didn't drive as smooth as before...
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU: I put a small LED....It blinks…." to be a "fake" car alarm!....Dave

My take on those bright blinking LEDs, I think they attract more trouble and attention then they help… If a pro thief wants a car, he'll take it. I'd rather him not noticing it in a dark parking lot because of a bright blinking LED . In your case DrCPU, it would be very hard to miss. Your Fiero is very slick and shiny… I would sleep in it with a Tommy-gun LOL

Originally posted by Emc209i : Forget entirely about cops, think about the old woman who might mistake it for a brake light.

I understand your concern.
One can notice the side scoop from the side and the front. Looking at the pics below, please tell me if you (anyone) can mistake it for a brake light?

I would say the Amber marker lights are dominant from the front, and from the side you have a red marker light 1m to the back.

Originally posted by proff: what about using different colour LEDs to suit the cars that are not red

I cannot agree with you more (In the build section I mentioned "body color LEDs"
Thanks.

Originally posted by Alex4mula: Man, this is so cool! I'm sorry but very soon I'll copy your idea

LOL you are more then welcome, I cannot contribute much knowledge in the Tech section so I'll try and give my share in this manner. You guys helped me more then once.

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O: Don't they throw off your wheel balance

I hope you understood I was kidding. and yes I would assume they would effect the balance in a few grams… hopefully not "21 grams"

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 03-08-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go Tal! :-) Looks like we might have to hook up the Blue Demon!

~ Jen
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2007 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:Looks like we might have to hook up the Blue Demon! ~ Jen

If we had an evening show @ Carlisle...Your V6 would look awesome in Blue (or white) LEDs

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 03-19-2007).]

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2007 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks very cool...!
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mister,

Love that LED setup. Looks like the setup on the coming up Audi R8. I think I'm going to do something like that too.

Not quite sure if I would do white or do red LED's like yours. I'm trying for the setup to be functional as well and light up the engine all pretty.
(I'm assuming the principle is the same, no matter what color LED's I use)

-M
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:Mister, Love that LED setup. Looks like the setup on the coming up Audi R8. I think I'm going to do something like that too.

Thanks A.I, that is a big compliment considering the reference

Originally posted by Austrian Import:Not quite sure if I would do white or do red LED's like yours. I'm trying for the setup to be functional as well and light up the engine all pretty. (I'm assuming the principle is the same, no matter what color LED's I use)-M

Your custom setup would work in any color, just make sure you get the resistor calculation right. That's all.
Please post when you have it done.

-----------------

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 03-21-2007).]

BullRider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2007 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BullRiderClick Here to visit BullRider's HomePageSend a Private Message to BullRiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing you might want to consider, especially in the engine bay, is invert coning the LEDs. The standard LEDs have a domed tip designed to focus light in a concentrated, directional manner. What I use for my submarine models is LED lights with the tip ground flat. That helps disperse the light in a more even manner, more like an incandescent. If you want even more dispersion, use a Dremel with a standard drill bit and drill into the now-flattened tip (carefully) to create an Inverted Cone. Looks like this when you're done:

This will scatter the light more evenly.

Just a suggestion. Maybe you already did it.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2007 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BullRider:

One thing you might want to consider, especially in the engine bay, is invert coning the LEDs. The standard LEDs have a domed tip designed to focus light in a concentrated, directional manner. What I use for my submarine models is LED lights with the tip ground flat. That helps disperse the light in a more even manner, more like an incandescent. If you want even more dispersion, use a Dremel with a standard drill bit and drill into the now-flattened tip (carefully) to create an Inverted Cone.
This will scatter the light more evenly.

Just a suggestion. Maybe you already did it.

Cool idea. I remember reading on case modding websites and magazines about grinding down LED's. Now I know why they do that. Making even ambient light should be really cool.

I probably won't have time for at least a week to attempt this project. I should probably start researching early next week about what LED's to use...

Mister, you're welcome. :-) Good work is always appreciated..

-M

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2007 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BullRider:One thing you might want to consider, especially in the engine bay, is invert coning the LEDs.

That is an awesome idea, I never heard of it. Thanks BullRider and a (+) 4 U
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2007 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BullRider:One thing you might want to consider,...LED lights with the tip ground flat. That helps disperse the light in a more even manner....Just a suggestion. Maybe you already did it.

5 days after...

Thanks to the info from BullRider, I've improved the LED set-up with another EASY mod.

The modification - shaving off the LED tip with some sand paper (very easy, the LED material is very delicate)

LED Before / after comparison

LED lighted after mod

Red LED stock effect

Red LED 'after modification' effect, the beam is wider and the light is "soft"

Engine center LED effect before (top LED off)

Engine center 'Shaved LED tip' effect after (top LED off)

Engine LEDs set-up look now (top LED on)

Thanks

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay