Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  !!!~CUSTOM2M4 - A Sneek Peak~!!! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
!!!~CUSTOM2M4 - A Sneek Peak~!!! by Custom2M4
Started on: 04-04-2006 07:07 PM
Replies: 333 (25474 views)
Last post by: Mr_jacob7 on 11-13-2009 10:55 AM
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well its spring. Back to work for poor old Custom2M4. Heres what I haven't shown you yet... oooorrr maybe just a teaser

And the other teaser of the day..........

Yeah, yeah... I've heard it all before,

"I shouldn't touch a fiero ever, because I want to mod it" , "I'm a ricer", lol

I haven't decided on wheither I should make that lip a little smaller or not .

Thats what I am going for in the end. Well right now anyways, chances are it will be altered quite a bit. Expect a widebody, and well..... If you have seen some of my other threads.. You might want to stick around and book mark this!

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:
I haven't decided on wheither I should make that lip a little smaller or not .

Tease
One good speed bump will fix that problem
Got to love custom cars, keep it up but I dont see why you would call it rice.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People just tend to say some of my ideas are rice ;D. I am holding on to the other pictures for a little bit.. lol I want to hear some commotion first!

Actually its not as low as it seems... I am going to cut another 2 inches out, and it will only be 1" lower than stock. My car is lowered an inch, and I still have 5-6 inches from THAT lip to the ground. The bumper is in place, all the pieces are together I just need to sand everything and start fiberlglassing it together. This is going to be a wicked summer! Woot!

We need some more replies before I give up more pictures .

Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We need some more replies before I give up more pictures .

Come on now. Thats not nice. I wanna see a head on shot of the nose.

[This message has been edited by Silentassassin185 (edited 04-04-2006).]

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Waiting with bated breath for MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tusch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks cool, I'd like to see a head on view to really get an idea of the front end. Only concern would be, how much longer of a nose is that going to have since you're placing it so far from the original bumper, or is it just placed to give an idea?

Oh and MORE PICS!!!

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks cool. What kind of engine are you going to put back there?

------------------

862m6 build up.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058455.html
88 t-top! Will be alive in june.

BrewCheese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrewCheeseSend a Private Message to BrewCheeseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks Good! Cant wait to see some finished pics of that front bumper.

Jason

Farmboy_k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Farmboy_kSend a Private Message to Farmboy_kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You certainly have been busy since I was there. Nice days sure make it more fun to work outside. Glad they are back. Can't wait to see whats next.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn’t it a great feeling when you take a vision and make it happen? Keep up the good work. Now get off the computer and get to work
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tusch:

Only concern would be, how much longer of a nose is that going to have since you're placing it so far from the original bumper, or is it just placed to give an idea?

Its mocked exactly where it is, is exactly where it will stay. The fenders will be widened with the nose.. I have flexed them already, but not glassed anything. There is just the little problem with that hole there . Since I have quite a few fiero rocker panels. I was thinking about encorperating a fiero side scoop unto each side, but we'll see how this turns out first.

Its screwed in place, with all the little accessories duct taped on where they will be.

Its only 1 inch longer then stock, and it will be 1-2 inches lower then the stock bumper. Probally closer to 1 inch because I want to lower my car another inch over the cut springs.. It "appears" lower then it really is because that lip is massive it really is. Its currently in a couple pieces as I just sort of figured it out within an hour of my lunch break today.

I am "thinking" about releasing another picture or two... but this is just soo much fun. Maybe a couple pictures of "last years dash", That won't stay the way it was last year... Its getting a make over a little bit later as well.

What kind of motor? I am building a 3.4L pushrod motor, everything is custom on it, I will be springing for a Fagoel supercharger next year and make it fit. I have a couple other cars so I am not worried about driving this year just yet. She needs alot more done to her .

The dash swap..... Well shes not done... And in need of a make over.. I need something a little more... well New age .. (1978 Le Mans Dash modified to fit)

Ohh yeah, and I believe I was the first person to install a fridge (cooler) into the centerconsole of a fiero..... That needs a makeover as well, I'm not too happy about how boxy it is. Ohh well... After the widebody!

Thanks guys! I'll get back at it and maybe get a little more done! Maybe post another picture hehhe

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004
What the hell heres another one tonight for you to drool over.

If anyone starts to recognize this bumper.. Feel free to post it up! lol I think the lip was sagging there because its not that low.. Amazing how it all just fits together right? Well my tools of choice... a saw, duct tape, and my tin snips.

The bumper is exactly where a fiero sits along the hood and the top of the fender.. It widens past that point. Shhh keep in mind I am not done :P.

This also makes it great because the fender in the front will look alot wider, but not actually be alot wider, so the front rim will not have to be pushed out at all.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004
BTW , these are another example of a "Junkyard" modification. The hood scoop wasn't always a hood scoop... Anyone going to catch where it came from? Ok I am done for the night, I am all giggy because this is the first trial fitment and it work beautifully..

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 04-04-2006).]

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you want a neat look on the interior, take a look at www.alsacorp.com

They have some really neat stuff that can be used, just let your imagination run wild....

PontiacJ8
From: Clay, New York w/ all the trees & the cars hidden in between!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If anyone starts to recognize this bumper.. Feel free to post it up!

Is that a Viper rear end? Or a Buick rear modified? hard to tell.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:

If you want a neat look on the interior, take a look at www.alsacorp.com

They have some really neat stuff that can be used, just let your imagination run wild....

Ohhh I have my plans for my interior..... muhahahahhahahhaha! I like fiberglass.. Maybe too many fumes.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Originally posted by PontiacJ8:

Is that a Viper rear end? Or a Buick rear modified? hard to tell.

Nope.. It was a front bumper originally...... I worked for a body shop back in the day and this was one of my experiments from last year that I never got around to until now.

I am going to attempt to make the fiero a little more rounded in the sides, and a heck of alot wider, so it will be interesting on how this nose plays out. I was originally going to cut open a GT nose I had on hand and insert a new grill and a lip... But common this was just way too much fun!

Mulholland_GT_Racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mulholland_GT_RacerSend a Private Message to Mulholland_GT_RacerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did you learn to 'glass, man?

You take on stuff that I only daydream about doing; I'm so envious.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me? I just started fooling around at the body shop I was working at, then its really about how creative you are, the fiberglass part is pretty simple actually...

On this bumper I haven't fiberglassed anything yet. I am still in the designing stage, I want to see the bumper with the rest of the widebody before I start pasting it together. It looks good so far but its really wide, so I will have to match it with the rest of the car before I make the front clip. I wasn't planning on making a complete bumper from scraps I had around the garage but I did within about an hour.. It all fit pretty nicely.

Its all about what you want to do, and how much time you have to organize your ideas.. Right now I know exactly what I am doing with the rear and widebody, but the front I am still messing with. Again it looks good, but it doesn't match the rest of the car, thats going to have to change soon .

The above picture is of my 84's previous body which is on my 85' 2M4 now, so I guess soon I will have two widebodies :P. I wasn't huge on the look of that one with the back fender, so I am making it a little better .

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 04-04-2006).]

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hehe, i can take sneak peaks whenever i want, or do you have them locked up in the garage again?

the same bumper from last year eh? well in that case if you're REALLY curious, you could search his old build thread. i'm pretty sure chase posted a pic with that bumper sitting in front of a fiero

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The garage is locked . No sneak peaks for you.
PFF
System Bot
pufnstuf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pufnstufClick Here to visit pufnstuf's HomePageSend a Private Message to pufnstufEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
perhaps the bumper is from a van...maybe a dodge per chance
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

what do i win?

delicioso

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2006 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deliciosoSend a Private Message to deliciosoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
everything fits perfectly.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I had a couple concerns with the scoops being a little high. My original plan was not to do this, as stated above, and keep it as low as possible.. I'll fool around with that way tomorrow and take some more pictures, I'll post both complete pictures and have you guys decide. I'd rather not cut up a nice GT bumper... But but but.... Its just sooo easy...
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow.... is that bumper made for the Fiero? It fits so nicely. Doesn't look at all out of place.

------------------

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks alot like a coupe nose from this angle..

If you look closely in that caravan bumper you will see where I got my hood scoop. The Dodge grill is nicely modified to make for a great scoop. I am going to go play with my car for a little while, and take a couple more pictures. I am also getting alot of foam today, so this will be a good week

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, if you run with the chin spoler that low on winnipeg streets the way they are you will have that whole custom effort ripped off in no time. But what do i know, i only own the second lowest fiero in winnipeg....
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand where you are coming from, as the "lowest fiero" in winnipeg had his oil pan smashed off by a pot hole. However you guys worry too much.

When I remove the lip spoiler, Measurements are as follows (Approx)

Stock Bumper
12" Long from middle of hood tip
Mine
12" Long from middle of hood tip
Stock Bumper
12" Tall from center bumper
Mine
12" Tall from center bump
Stock Bumper
15" side along the wheel well from the fender
Mine
12" side along the wheel well from the fender

My bumper is even higher from the ground than the stock fiero (w/o) the lip. Now the lip is only 4 inches, davy's lip from fiero warehouse was 3.5-4 inches...

How do I know that? Well...
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

That means I "can go" another 1" out, another 2" lower on the tip, and another 6 inches lower on the side for a lip if I need be, and not have to worry about rubbing it on everything. Still only 2" lower than stock, with the sides being only 1" lower.
Also the fenders are only going to widen 1" more in the front, 2" in the rear, and 2-4" on each side rear with a custom rear bumper never seen before! I had plans of modifying the rear bumper, well thats just too easy. I want something more, and I will lengthen the rear of the fiero's bumper. It'll be good.

I think its time for some more pictures...... Muahahhah

SMILES!

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Stock VS Mine. Actually very similar in size. My bumper needs a lip to complete it though, and a widebody, it doesn't go with the rest of the boxyness of the fiero, so thats going to change. That "grey" portion at the top of my bumper is actually a piece from an 85 coupe bumper..making it easy for me to see what needs to be blended. In case anyone is interested in doing something like this, its fun as heck and not that hard! You just need to imagine! I have 5 spare bumpers from other cars, and 4 fiero bumpers so that I can test which ever I want!

I love how this bumper looks similar to the 355 bumper, but a little more relaxed...

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Custom2M4

4414 posts
Member since Sep 2004
I was thinking about putting that sunfire pontiac inlet onto my bumper but I think it might be a little much.. It doesn't really go with what I was looking for, it wouldn't be vented, but it would make it look classic pontiac.

If anyone is interested ... That sunfire bumper is actually closer to the fiero's size and shape then the one I went with. From an 01 sunfire.

This last one shows what I will be using for my turn signals.. I'm not a huge fan of "trim" so everything will be shaved on the widebody and these sunfire markers will be used. The little ones other guys use are also not my style.
I will have the hood scoop cut out and molded hopefully this weekend, I want it out of the way for the widebody. Be sure to bookmark this and don't let it die! This is my main inspiration to getting it done!

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 04-05-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, it looks like you have your work cut out for you. I like the front on pictures. It will be interesting to see how you proceed with this. Looking forward to see the progress you make.
Nolan
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks awesome! I'll enjoy watching this come to life.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the drivers side is stripped, I have all my foam and supplies, the hood scoop is cut out.....

So it seems to be going pretty well so far. I stripped the lower front fender, the door panel and the rocker. This way the panel that I am making out of foam will line up and hopefully look good after a few weeks. Just looking at what I am doing right now looks silly because its just a whole bunch of foam pasted to the side of my car... haha Its a little boxy and silly lookin with the pink. I have reason to believe this is going to be low . Now before I show pictures just realize that its only been a day of widebody work . Thanks for the interest guys! I hope it turns out nicely, it looks pretty silly!

Hornet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HornetSend a Private Message to HornetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My bumper needs a lip to complete it though

[/IMG]

You don't need a lip man, it looks so clean and sweet without one. I think those other lips on a stock fiero looks like a double chin, Hideous. Oh yeah, We NEED MORE PICS.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its not really long enough in my mind, I think you would have to spend a good 10 hours sitting here looking at it to know what I am talking about. Its just weird. lol Instinct I guess.. Maybe not a huge lip but something to make the nose lower by about 1-2 inches..

Well I am officially out of my mind, but here is the base layer of foam laid out. I hate that my car is pink, but whatever its good enough. Also note that this is ONLY DAY 2 of this project and I have already been rocketing through this.. I just spent a couple hundred dollars on supplies so there is NO turning back! Woot Woot!

Thanks guys! I am going to plug on it for another hour and call it a night!

EDIT - This is the first layer of the widebody and it is already 1 inch wider then stock. Keep that in mind while I start making that 4-5 inches.....Its going to be incredible.

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 04-05-2006).]

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are a crazy man... I had doubts when you told me dodge caravan parts on a fiero.. but that bumper is actually starting to grow on me
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thats it for tonight! Thanks guys~ Am I crazy or what?

Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmmmm by the look of these pic ,one clot of fiberglass should do the trick I would think hehehe
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that front bumper makes your car look happy. it's smiling

oh yeah, what brand of fiberglass and resin are you planning on using? i figure if i buy my stocks now it's guarenteed to go up, hehe

seriously though, i REALLY respect the work you are doing, i made it half-way through mine before i was able to pass it off onto another person, and it was a ton of work. i'm just getting tired of seeing that damn escourt man, you gotta get with the times and buy yourself a winter fiero

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock