S10 brake booster banjo extension by sdgdf
Started on: 02-02-2023 11:32 PM
Replies: 3 (226 views)
Last post by: lou_dias on 02-08-2023 05:02 PM
sdgdf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2023 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sdgdfSend a Private Message to sdgdfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://rodneydickman.com/pr....php?products_id=350

Is Rodney still selling these? The page doesn’t really mention S10 brake booster, instead a summit racing booster but I’d rather just get a s10 booster off rockauto.

I’ve seen videos and threads about the install but still not completely sure about creating the adapter myself. The Rodney kit for $20 or so seems foolproof?

Also, my WCF corvette rotors should arrive eventually. Anyone run a setup with them AND the S10 booster? Would the brakes be too sensitive like this? I’ve had the C4 rotors on an 88 before and liked the pedal feel as it was.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2023 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, he is still selling the adapter. I used this adapter with a Rock Auto S10 booster. Just need to change the mounting bracket over from your old booster and do some massaging on the fender well. The booster doesn't make your brakes any better just allows more pressure at less pedal effort. It will make a difference in the response for sure. I have not heard of anyone complain about it at all. But, to each their own.

I use it with the Archie brake package (Lebaron GTZ rotors, Camaro Calipers up front, and Cadillac calipers in rear).
sdgdf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2023 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sdgdfSend a Private Message to sdgdfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Yes, he is still selling the adapter. I used this adapter with a Rock Auto S10 booster. Just need to change the mounting bracket over from your old booster and do some massaging on the fender well. The booster doesn't make your brakes any better just allows more pressure at less pedal effort. It will make a difference in the response for sure. I have not heard of anyone complain about it at all. But, to each their own.

I use it with the Archie brake package (Lebaron GTZ rotors, Camaro Calipers up front, and Cadillac calipers in rear).

Ok sounds good, it looks like using the S10 booster requires cutting off the end of the banjo and making an adapter, using the 1 from summit has a threaded end that just works with Rodney’s adapter. 2x more money for the summit booster.

And yes not more braking ability, I’m looking for less effort hitting the pedal, like a newer car. Having to press the pedal hard makes it difficult to modulate braking.

[This message has been edited by sdgdf (edited 02-04-2023).]

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2023 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just using the 82 Corvette BMC...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock