88 GT starting issues by Duck 1
Started on: 02-02-2023 05:18 PM
Replies: 4 (153 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 02-02-2023 08:30 PM
Duck 1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2023 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Duck 1Send a Private Message to Duck 1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 GT starts then immediately shuts off. It has gas , new coil , new distributor module , good battery , new throttle sensor , new fuel / air module , plugs are good , what am I missing ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2023 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Double-check that the spark plug cables are going from the distributor cap to the appropriate cylinders.

Is the ignition timing correct? Have you set it, with the ALDL jumper in place? (Setting the initial static timing can be found Here.)

Originally posted by Duck 1:

It has gas...

It needs fuel pressure as well. What is it?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-02-2023).]

Duck 1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2023 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Duck 1Send a Private Message to Duck 1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your feedback. I failed to mention that I also installed a new fuel pump. I guess I should overlook the electrical gremlin and start focusing on fuel starvation ( fuel pressure as you suggested) How do you check the fuel pressure on this 2.8 ?
Duck 1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2023 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Duck 1Send a Private Message to Duck 1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Duck 1

113 posts
Member since Oct 2022
I found the Schrader valve and pressed it down . There was fuel coming out but not at a great rate. I am going to get a fuel pressure gauge and see what the actual pressure reads.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2023 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Duck 1:

I am going to get a fuel pressure gauge and see what the actual pressure reads.

Being able to read the fuel pressure is critical, because not only will you know what the fuel pressure is initially (when the pump starts), but you'll also be able to see if the pressure drops too quickly (when the pump stops)... indicating possible leaky injectors.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock