Serpentine belt by Lafiero357
Started on: 01-27-2023 11:18 PM
Replies: 4 (411 views)
Last post by: theogre on 01-30-2023 11:29 AM
Lafiero357

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2023 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lafiero357Send a Private Message to Lafiero357Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 86 gt that is in need of a serpentine belt replacement . What is the easiest way to get to the belt ? The top , bottom , or through the passenger side wheelwell ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2023 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I attack it through the top. I also have a Dodgerunner auto-tensioner installed, which is worth its weight in gold.

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2023 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you have to loosen the alternator, thru the wheel well is easiest unless you have a lift. I'd also recommend the Rodney Dickman alternator reinforcement bracket and either the Dodge Runner tensioner or the Rodney Dickman idler pulley.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2023 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drop them in from above, letting the new belt hang from the water pump pulley. Then I go down below and route it onto the alternator and crank pulley.

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2023 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Belt bad often side effect of other problems...
See my Cave, Serpent Belt

To install/tighten the alt...
Make sure both bolts have clean heads etc. But lube long bolt shaft w/ anti-seize or silicone/brake grease so don't get "rust" problems passing thru the alt body.

All Bolt heads and other flat spots keep alt tight and lube and crap there lets alt to rotate and belt gets loose.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock