Started on: 01-09-2023 11:35 AM
Replies: 6 (184 views)
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 01-24-2023 04:17 PM
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2023 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My driveway is steep enough that if I fill my transmission properly then oil slowly seeps out past the speed sensor seal. I have looked for a new one on various online parts stores, the Fiero Store and Rodney Dickman's site with no success.

Does anyone know where I can buy a new one?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ArthurPeale

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2023 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArthurPealeSend a Private Message to ArthurPealeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't familiar with this part, so I looked on Rock Auto. It looks like it's just a O ring that goes around the base.

if that's the case, it's likely you can just get one from the parts store.
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2023 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The VSS only has an O-ring on it.
GM PN 464865
https://www.ebay.com/itm/374153420935

The gear barely fits through the hole.
Be careful lifting the VSS out, or the gear will fall into the transmission.

In the meantime, back up on the slope.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 01-09-2023).]

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2023 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can get from McMaster-Carr if you know the size: https://www.mcmaster.com/o-...elastomer-o-rings-8/

Make sure it is made from Viton.

If you don't know the size, you can probably measure it yourself - OR - you may have a dealer near you that sells o-rings and they can measure it for you. I use Hi-Tech Seals locally, maybe one near you?

**edit: I am not sure I would buy the eBay one - seals have a shelf life, and depending how old that one is...

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 01-09-2023).]

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2023 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh. If it is just a off the shelf O-ring then might already have one. I have a box of them somewhere....

Thank you for the replies everyone.

edit: I found it. I have a Doorman metric O-ring set which has R-01 to R-32. I suspect it will be one of the large ones. I'll have to wait until the weekend to try it.

[This message has been edited by Doug85GT (edited 01-09-2023).]

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2023 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update

Today was a nice day without rain so I pulled the speed sensor out. I tried the o-rings in my Doorman kit but they did not work. The o-rings were too thick. Too much of it stuck out from the sides to allow it to go back into the transmission. The best fit was a R-26 which is 34.5mm ID 3.5mm thick.

I pulled out my caliper and measured the o-ring. It measures ~35mm ID 2.5mm thick. I ordered a set of o-rings and will have them in about a week.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2023 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

Update

Today was a nice day without rain so I pulled the speed sensor out. I tried the o-rings in my Doorman kit but they did not work. The o-rings were too thick. Too much of it stuck out from the sides to allow it to go back into the transmission. The best fit was a R-26 which is 34.5mm ID 3.5mm thick.

I pulled out my caliper and measured the o-ring. It measures ~35mm ID 2.5mm thick. I ordered a set of o-rings and will have them in about a week.

Based on your measurement of 34.5mm you need a 220 sized o-ring

https://www.marcorubber.com...size-chart-as568.htm

https://www.mcmaster.com/o-...s-8/dash-number~220/

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 01-24-2023).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay