IC options for supercharger by frockfiero
Started on: 11-20-2022 08:17 PM
Replies: 5 (382 views)
Last post by: Fie Ro on 11-22-2022 05:52 PM
frockfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2022 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frockfieroSend a Private Message to frockfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buttoning up my engine and looking to add an IC to my SC build but I'm shy on the 1200 price tag for the ZZP IC. Is this the only option? can I run the same IC that I see on turbo setups?

Intercooler I'm Looking at

Current Build:
Stage 3 Intense Heads
Forge pistons
ZZP rockers
OE-R Comp Rollers
2.5 Pulley
345 E85 Fuel pump
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2022 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would help if you specify the engine
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2022 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Obviously it might be a 3.8L V6 Supercharged.
claude dalpe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2022 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for claude dalpeSend a Private Message to claude dalpeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Frockfiero,
You must have an intercooler between the supercharge and your intake and not at the entrance of the supercharger
Because the supercharge is the one that produces the heat, same thing as with a turbo, the intercooler is installed after the turbo and not before.
frockfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2022 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frockfieroSend a Private Message to frockfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Frockfiero,
You must have an intercooler between the supercharge and your intake and not at the entrance of the supercharger
Because the supercharge is the one that produces the heat, same thing as with a turbo, the intercooler is installed after the turbo and not before.

This makes sense now, I needed it spelled out I guess.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2022 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might find a used set for less $ but still there's a lot of work in the install. Need to fab 2 IC coolant lines to the front and room for the radiator. Custom fuelrails.

With the rather small 2.5 pulley you need intercooling and likely larger injectors.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock