Fiero 1986 SE Tachometer Mounting Dimensions by Romsk
Started on: 11-17-2022 02:32 PM
Replies: 0 (104 views)
Last post by: Romsk on 11-17-2022 02:32 PM
Romsk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2022 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RomskClick Here to visit Romsk's HomePageSend a Private Message to RomskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all, I love this site! Everyone is so very helpful. I have learned a lot about my Fiero and how to get it running again. I could not have done it with all of you!

So, now I am resurrecting my idea for a hood mounted Tach. I have my Tach from my old 1986 SE that I sold for parts, I still have the Tach and the Steering wheel left.
Problem is it is packed away in one of 30 boxes I have in storage, I forgot to make a note of which box it is in.

Does any have a Tachometer laying around that they can measure the 3 mounting points: distance from center and angles from the 12 O'clock position?

If not , a nice photo viewed exactly straight on with a ruler held just under the gauge would do. The trick is to get the camera on "bore sight" with the guage, but take the photo from at least 25 feet away and zoom in on the image. This will reduce the parallax angle errors and render a flat proportional image - at lot like that zoom shot of a center fielder on a televised baseball game - the background looks flat up against the player - same idea for a photo.

I have it all designed I just need those dimensions to finish it. I will dig out my misplaced Tach in the spring. Here are the display concepts. If anyone wants the design I can post the drawings.

Here are some concept slides:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Romsk (edited 11-17-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock