Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Found a Grand Prix GXP donor for LS4 swap..

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Found a Grand Prix GXP donor for LS4 swap.. by guitarfreak235
Started on: 11-13-2022 10:21 AM
Replies: 3 (312 views)
Last post by: Spadesluck on 11-17-2022 05:56 PM
guitarfreak235

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2022 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for guitarfreak235Send a Private Message to guitarfreak235Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone, I've found a gutted grand prix gxp that runs and drives and am considering it for a swap for my fiero. What all useful parts should I pull if I end up buying it? I would need to scrap the rest it in a week or 2 to recoup some of the investment.

I should note my fiero is an 88 5 speed, I'd rather stick with manual but would consider putting the whole auto setup in if it's easier.

[This message has been edited by guitarfreak235 (edited 11-13-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2022 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pull the entire drivetrain: Motor, Transmission, intake tube and filter box, exhaust (12" from rear manifold), Axles, Accessories, Harness, ECM, TCM, and throttle cable. You could even pull the fuel pump if you wanted.

Even if you don't need or want the LS4 auto, they are worth about $500 as a core for rebuilding, so you don't want to send it to the scrapper.
guitarfreak235

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2022 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for guitarfreak235Send a Private Message to guitarfreak235Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah so pretty much everything lol. Are there any videos that show a tear down from one of these vehicles for a swap?
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2022 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That motor is on a cradle just like the fiero. It should be straight forward. Pull the wiring and then drop the cradle.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock