Front UCA and urethane bushing install questions by frockfiero
Started on: 11-09-2022 07:46 PM
Replies: 1 (210 views)
Last post by: frockfiero on 11-09-2022 10:34 PM
frockfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2022 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frockfieroSend a Private Message to frockfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the Fiero service manual, it states I need to have 2 spacers totaling 12MM to resemble the front upper control arm, however with the amount of overhang from the new poly urethane bushing, end caps plus the 6mm washer there is simply not enough space. The measurement of the poly bushing from the control arm lip is 4mm on each side (8MM total) do I need to add 1x 2mm washer to each side totaling 12mm, or is there something I'm not doing correctly to put two 6mm washers on each side.

1987 Fiero GT
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
frockfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2022 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frockfieroSend a Private Message to frockfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found this on the forum and solved my issue. I wanted to post it here encase someone else had a similar issue. Basically, I had to back the busing out flush with the UCA and then install the spacers. Once installed I tighten the bolt to push the bushing back in, then loosen and torqued it to spec.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock