Pedal assembly installion 88 Formula auto by Rick Vanderpool
Started on: 11-08-2022 10:31 AM
Replies: 3 (306 views)
Last post by: Rick Vanderpool on 11-11-2022 12:25 PM
Rick Vanderpool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2022 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick VanderpoolSend a Private Message to Rick VanderpoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About 10 years ago I acquired a non-running 1988 Formula auto I intended to to do an engine and transmission swap. At that time I removed the pedal assembly to change to the clutch/brake pedals. Things came up subsequent to that and I ended up letting it sit till now. I am now trying to install the assembly and I have a question.

Is there a bolt or stud in the dash that holds the top of the assembly in place? There is a slot in the top of the assembly that looks like a bolt/stud should go through, but I can't find a stud or threaded hole to use to mount the assembly with. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Rick
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rick Vanderpool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2022 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick VanderpoolSend a Private Message to Rick VanderpoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
GTPCAR

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2022 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTPCARSend a Private Message to GTPCAREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a vertical stud welded to the upper dash support that passes through the slot and a nut is used to secure the rear of the brake pedal bracket. I believe the only difference between the brake pedal bracket in manual and auto Fieros is two nuts welded to the manual trans bracket that are used when bolting the clutch pedal bracket to the brake pedal bracket. So, when converting from auto to manual, the brake pedal bracket in an auto trans car could be left in place ( the bracket can be difficult to remove due to a bundle of wires that run below the rear of the bracket ) and two bolt/nuts used in place of the bolt/welded nuts ( only the clutch pedal bracket would be needed from a donor Fiero ).
Rick Vanderpool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2022 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick VanderpoolSend a Private Message to Rick VanderpoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GTPCAR Thank you for your reply. I found the stud. My problem was i was looking in the wrong place. As far as just adding the clutch pedal part of the bracket to the brake part, it's to late for that - I removed the assembly a long time ago and now am putting it back.
Thanks again
Rick

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock