84 Rear brake issue by Grumsfiero
Started on: 01-21-2022 01:41 PM
Replies: 0 (47 views)
Last post by: Grumsfiero on 01-21-2022 01:41 PM
Grumsfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2022 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrumsfieroSend a Private Message to GrumsfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gentlemen, first post, thanks for having me.
I found an older thread while googling regarding a fitment issue when installing new pads and rotors on an 84. The guy couldn’t get everything to fit and wondered if the rotor was too thick or if the piston wasn’t depressed enough. Eventually he thought he’d gotten the inside front pad mixed with the inside rear as the two are the same footprint but different thicknesses. We’ll I’m here to tell you he wasn’t losing his mind, like I have been for the last two days, the rear pads being sold under the Centric brand are too thick to make everything fit. I had a separate sealed box of front pads and they do indeed have a thinner pad which when paired with the outer rear pad makes everything fit properly. The thick rear pad can then be used on the front because the front piston depresses in further than the rear. Sorry for the long explanation but I hope this helps someone else.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock