Need your advice/tips on a hose job by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 01-18-2022 11:21 PM
Replies: 2 (224 views)
Last post by: Kitskaboodle on 01-19-2022 03:29 AM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2022 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all, working underneath my 85 GT the other day, I noticed a coolant leak toward the front of the car. I could see that there is a small leak in one of two hoses that go to these two metal pipes/tubes. I believe these two hoses go up to the heater core. I just received the replacement hoses from Rockauto (Gates) and since I have never done this job before I wanted to ask what is needed to get the job done? I read a thread earlier that said I need to remove the plastic tub. Is this correct?Id rather not unless have to. Also, to remind everyone, I don’t plan to replace the heater core but rather just the two hoses.

Have you done this job before?
Thanks, Kit
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2022 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Removing the tub (if required) isn't that bad of a job really. Just remember to drill out (or grind off) the rivets holding the supports for the crossover brake line. When the tub is out of the way, it also gives you a great opportunity to adjust the pre-load on the steering rack.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2022 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, thanks for the input Patrick.
One reason I wanted to avoid it is that I have a front mounted battery.
Thanks, Kit

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock