Heater hose/water pump pipe questions by MLSist
Started on: 01-12-2022 04:07 PM
Replies: 2 (113 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 01-12-2022 04:51 PM
MLSist

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MLSistSend a Private Message to MLSistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all. 86 2.8 GT.

I've had the entire drivetrain out of this thing for five months and am throwing it back in this week; there are a couple of things I've forgotten.

A: I've got an empty cooling system port on the intake manifold, just beside the distributor. Where does this hose begin/end/terminate?

B: The water pump we sourced has a plug in it where the 86' pump had a pipe for a heater bypass. The pipe in the old pump was badly seized and snapped off when I tried to remove it, even with heat/PB blaster, etc. My question: anybody know what diameter/thread pitch this pipe is? My best guess as of now is 3/4in-14 NPT.

Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with this! Any help would be appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MLSist

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MLSistSend a Private Message to MLSistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'm an idiot. The "heater port" on the intake is actually vacuum, it looks like. It feeds down above the cold start injector. Any idea what gets plumbed there? Does it just get capped off?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MLSist:

The "heater port" on the intake is actually vacuum, it looks like. It feeds down above the cold start injector. Any idea what gets plumbed there? Does it just get capped off?

If you posted a photo of what you're describing, it would make things a lot easier... but are you perhaps referring to the "port" that tube #5 connects to?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock