Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Is SMC compatible filler acceptable for use on the roof and front hood?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is SMC compatible filler acceptable for use on the roof and front hood? by imacflier
Started on: 07-26-2021 10:48 PM
Replies: 4 (238 views)
Last post by: creaky78 on 07-29-2021 01:54 PM
imacflier

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2021 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for imacflierSend a Private Message to imacflierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, All,

Well this time the title completely describes my question.

However, as an "Oh, bye the way....", if anyone has looked at the prices and quantities available for the SMC filler such as Evercoat ($66/qt) I found this stuff on Amazon for only $10 for 8oz: https://www.amazon.com/gp/p...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A cup is certainly enough for my needs....I will let y'all know how it works!

TIA,

Larry
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2021 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not familiar with that product, but I used Evercoat Fiber Tech on the decklid with excellent results (same SMC material as the hood and roof), a cheaper alternative would be nice.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/103013.html
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2021 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by imacflier:

Hi, All,

Well this time the title completely describes my question.

However, as an "Oh, bye the way....", if anyone has looked at the prices and quantities available for the SMC filler such as Evercoat ($66/qt) I found this stuff on Amazon for only $10 for 8oz: https://www.amazon.com/gp/p...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A cup is certainly enough for my needs....I will let y'all know how it works!

TIA,

Larry

Larry, that will work just fine. U.S Chemical has been making great products for over 50 years and they have excellent prices.
imacflier

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2021 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for imacflierSend a Private Message to imacflierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Guys,

I was pretty sure it was the right stuff, better to check twice than rinse and repeat!

Later this morning: my prep procedure and my request for comments.

Thanks again,

Larry
creaky78

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2021 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for creaky78Send a Private Message to creaky78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used the SMC 77702 to repair roof cracks at the upper corners of the windshield and above the rear view mirror, worked great.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock