R134A high side conversion fitting. by Tony Santucci
Started on: 07-24-2021 04:13 PM
Replies: 5 (158 views)
Last post by: Tony Santucci on 07-25-2021 12:24 PM
Tony Santucci

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony SantucciSend a Private Message to Tony SantucciEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'84 SE. Converting to 134. CAn't seem to find the right high side conversion fitting. I need one WITH a schraeder valve, as the old valve is trash. I have gone through three so far. Either the high side adapter has no valve and the fitting relies on the original, or the thread size is too big on the ones with a valve. Anyone have a part number on a known good retrofit fitting WITH a valve?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a conversion kit from the Fiero Store a few years ago, the kit that came with all new o rings all around and new fittings with the schraders for the high and low. I had to open up everywhere along my system's lines to flush them out because I had black death so I wanted all new o-rings... Blech.

The valves should still have the schraders in it from that kit... Maybe give Fiero Store a call to make sure before ordering just in case

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 07-24-2021).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Four Seasons 59978

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/000652.html

[This message has been edited by RWDPLZ (edited 07-24-2021).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OE high valve uses the "body" as part of the seal for popup part.
Even w/ R12, The Al Body likes to wear or "rust" and won't seal.

W/ R12, Many use a hard cap to cover the service valves for this and other problems.
But R134 have no cap/cover that does anything besides maybe keeping crap off the valve.

Is or Was a High Side adapter w/ a schraders valve to fit these but no clue where to get.
It was made so can leave old iffy valve so didn't empty a system. New valve bottom pushes old valve when needed.
I bought mine 20+ years ago from local parts store.

Maybe hard to find now because many R12 parts has little or no market now.

Can hard cap the old valve and fitting and use a R134 "Stinger" next to it.
In short, This you drill a small hole in the tube then clamp on the valve.
Many "kits" will piece the tube itself and why called Stingers. Many don't trust self sting for anything because valve can have problems later. Big example is Stingers for Ice makers etc for home that won't work but can happen in many other cases.
try https://forum.aircondition.com/

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The low and high side conversion valves that RWDPLZ shows are the ones to get. They are steel, seal to the original fitting with an o-ring and locktite after removing the original core and have the correct valves in them. Those "kits" they sell in Walmart and other places are aluminum, don't have the correct valves in them and are worthless.
Tony Santucci

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2021 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony SantucciSend a Private Message to Tony SantucciEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Four Seasons 59978

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/000652.html

Perfect. Thank you!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay