Lower intake stud (4) size by SemperFi18
Started on: 04-18-2021 10:43 PM
Replies: 5 (124 views)
Last post by: Notorio on 04-22-2021 12:30 AM
SemperFi18

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2021 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SemperFi18Send a Private Message to SemperFi18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,

Quick question. Just got the engine back from the rebuild shop and those 4 studs that go into the heads on the four corners of the lower intake manifold are missing.. called the shop they don't know what happened to them (only slightly nervous about the long block job now)

Granted I should have removed that manifold myself because it's not part of the long block.. But I digress. Does anyone know the size of those studs so I can go to a machine shop and find them? They appear to be the same thread pitch as the exhaust manifold studs but obviously longer.

I searched the forum and came up dry, just how to remove them. Thanks in advance and have a good one! Pictures of the rebuild for your time (if they come through)
[img]//images.fiero.nl/userimages/SemperFi18/PXL_20210407_052458021.j pg[/img]

[This message has been edited by SemperFi18 (edited 04-18-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2021 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SemperFi18:

20210407_052458021.j pg

Edit the space out of your third image link.

I see this same issue occurring over and over again here. I suspect it's the result of image links being posted with no line gap (using the Enter key) between links.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-18-2021).]

SemperFi18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2021 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SemperFi18Send a Private Message to SemperFi18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every time I take the space out out comes back, it only does it to the last image though. So I just added it again
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2021 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Every time I take the space out out comes back, it only does it to the last image though.

As I demonstrated (and since deleted), it'll work if the Enter key is used between image links.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-19-2021).]

SemperFi18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2021 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SemperFi18Send a Private Message to SemperFi18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you know the stud size?
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2021 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you know the stud size?

You are right, they are the same thread as the exhaust manifold. The two short studs are 7 cm and the two long studs are 8 cm. The long ones go on the distributor side.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock