87 GT battery & water temp gauges by Sledgehammer
Started on: 04-02-2021 05:42 PM
Replies: 2 (196 views)
Last post by: Alibi on 04-03-2021 08:13 AM
Sledgehammer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SledgehammerSend a Private Message to SledgehammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been trying to remove the two gauges (battery & oil pressure) atop the dash Radio & climate control instrument panel. I have removed six(6) screws which attach the cluster and cover. I can’t seem to be able to remove the two gauges and cover. It appears to be fastened to something lose which prevents lift it away from atop the console shroud. Anyone tell me what I need to do to remove this cluster of two gauges? I want to paint he dash board behind the cluster and it would be easier with the cluster removed. I can’t seem to remove the gauges inside the cluster either. I wanted to change the light bulbs also.

I know this must be easy I just don’t want to break anything.

[This message has been edited by Sledgehammer (edited 04-02-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It all comes apart quite easy as I remember. Perhaps post an image of where you're at.
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2021 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just pulled the whole center stack pod out of a parts car last week so this is fresh in my mind. What I did was just to remove the T15 torx screws that hold on the faceplate, 7mm screws holding the radio in and remove the radio via unplugging the harness, then remove all the 7mm screws behind the HVAC/Radio faceplate, then tilt the main stack shroud back towards the shifter and out, then a metal support bracket comes out, and then the aux gauge pod comes loose, unclip a wire harness down by the radio and it should be free.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock