radio/ climate controls by ReeseD
Started on: 03-29-2021 05:21 PM
Replies: 2 (415 views)
Last post by: theogre on 04-28-2021 10:15 AM
ReeseD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2021 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReeseDSend a Private Message to ReeseDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently got myself a 1986 fiero se. Ive been having a lot of fun working on this car and getting it back to working condition. The only issue I have now that seems a bit out of my skill range is a problem with the center control stack. I think there may had been a spike in voltage when trying to use a jump pack at one point. It all worked when i was first checking it out but now when i turn on the radio i just hear a thump noise then nothing else. The air controls also do not work now witch im guessing is coming from the same place as the radio. Not really sure where to start on this one. Any advise would be great thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
308 Ferrari Kit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2021 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 308 Ferrari KitSend a Private Message to 308 Ferrari KitEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The first place to start with this is to get a multimeter and check the fuses in the fuse box for Radio and Climate control. May as well check them all while you are in the fusebox.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2021 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
⚠️ Warning: You're first step is have pulling Heater Blower and used small camera or mirrors to check trash in the AC/Heater box.

If mice etc got crap in AC mode motors and you fool w/ the buttons then very likely you burn the control board and/or fuse.
If crap is in blower resistor pack then can easily have a Fire. see https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/141959.html and may others.

Testing mode motors etc...
See my Cave, Heat & AC

Radio...
Can be dead for several reasons maybe making a noise and do little or nothing.
OE Radio uses 2 fuses. Bat fuse is known to blow. See my Cave, Sneak Path
First Pull all fuses at check for 0Ω
Old fuses may Look "OK" and still be "blown" for very small cracks you can't see.

30+ year old "radios" die of old age alone w/ crack solder joints, bad caps, and more. Many "newer" radios from GM to replace/upgrade them are starting same problems because most are 20+ years old.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock