Not idling by meadeka
Started on: 03-28-2021 06:47 PM
Replies: 6 (120 views)
Last post by: skywurz on 03-28-2021 08:17 PM
meadeka

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for meadekaSend a Private Message to meadekaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish you could upload vids lol but my fiero whenever started will not idle well. If you were to hear a video it would sound like someone were revving it up then it idles for several seconds then dies.... any ideas on what it could be? Also whenever I’m in park and go into drive it instantly dies unless I am revving it up.

------------------
Kaiden Meade

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can upload to youtube and embed here using "[youtube]http<not https url[/youtube]"
meadeka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for meadekaSend a Private Message to meadekaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you still know why my fiero does that?
meadeka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for meadekaSend a Private Message to meadekaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

meadeka

37 posts
Member since Mar 2021
https://youtube.com/shorts/xmBbXOVEF3g

Video ^

------------------
Kaiden Meade

Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a wild guess, fuel filter?

My Holden Jackaroo (Isuzu Trooper in the US and Canada) had a similar issue. I replaced the fuel filter and the problem went away. No guarantee this is the issue with yours. Like I said, just a wild guess.

[This message has been edited by Mike in Sydney (edited 03-28-2021).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If the problem was only occurring when you were coming to a stop while in Drive, it could be due to the automatic transmission's TCC not releasing. Here's one thread of many on the topic.
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike in Sydney:

Just a wild guess, fuel filter?

My Holden Jackaroo (Isuzu Trooper in the US and Canada) had a similar issue. I replaced the fuel filter and the problem went away. No guarantee this is the issue with yours. Like I said, just a wild guess.

Could also be fuel pump. Would be good to check psi at fuel rail.
Check for vacuum leaks.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock