F23 questions by Dave E Bouy
Started on: 03-28-2021 06:17 PM
Replies: 3 (159 views)
Last post by: Dave E Bouy on 03-29-2021 06:31 AM
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A question for the F23 swappers. I'm trying to sort out the cabling and the linkage I will need for my LQ1/F23 swap and I realized that I don't know which position represents which gear on the trans. Obviously when the select shaft is in the neutral position it rests at the 3rd and 4th gate, is 3rd reached by rotating the shift arm clockwise and 4th counter clockwise or the other way around?. Next does pushing the select shaft down move things to the 5th and reverse gate or the 1st and 2nd gate.

Thanks
DF
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't directly help you with this, but if you turn the transmission's input shaft, the gear that causes the differential to spin backwards is reverse. If you don't have axles installed, you can simply look at the cross-pin inside.

If the engine is mated to the transmission (with a clutch), it's the same idea. Just turn the engine over using the crank pulley bolt.
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lifting up on the shift rod is the 1/2 gate, pushing down is the 5/R gate

rotating clockwise is 1-3-5, CCW is 2-4-R

does that help or did I misunderstand the question?

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

cognita semper

Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2021 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's perfect guys. Thanks a lot.

DF

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock