87 M24 window crank handle by Potcrab
Started on: 03-22-2021 01:30 PM
Replies: 4 (421 views)
Last post by: Potcrab on 03-24-2021 09:27 AM
Potcrab

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2021 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PotcrabSend a Private Message to PotcrabEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought an 87 m24 and it came without the window crank handles. I have tried installing some, however there is a pocket sewn onto the door where the handle goes preventing me from pressing the handle far enough in to clip on. Been looking for some sort of extension I could put between the handle and the gear inside the panel maybe? Don't wanna get rid of the pockets if I don't have to. Anyone have any ideas or find a way to make theirs work?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Potcrab

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2021 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PotcrabSend a Private Message to PotcrabEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2021 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's weird. Normally the pockets are only on the doors of Fieros with electric windows.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2021 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
That's weird. Normally the pockets are only on the doors of Fieros with electric windows.
Yes, they go on PW doors.

No handle will fit that right. Most won't fit at all.

Handle and clip for them won't hold or won't turn right if does because of the "pocket" is way too thick.

Often the Handles will also have a large plastic "washer" to go on first to protect the panel.

Side note: The clip for the handle goes open side facing the lever part. This is done so when need to pull it... the tool and handle get pulled at same time.
If done right, the clip will push out but not all the way so won't get lost.

quick example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvaQlh8If1s
This time clip stays w/o the tool in. many time the clip will slid back to lock w/o the tool holding it.
This doesn't have the "washer." When there, tool goes between washer and handle.
Many more if isn't enough info.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Potcrab

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2021 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PotcrabSend a Private Message to PotcrabEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I suppose I will install power windows or cut the pockets out.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock