3800 to 4 speed Muncie bolt problem by longjonsilver
Started on: 03-16-2021 07:59 AM
Replies: 2 (498 views)
Last post by: Spoon on 03-16-2021 07:55 PM
longjonsilver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2021 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to mate up my MY8 tranny to a 3800SC i could only get in 5 bolts. The one with the dowel on the right (facing the engine) (rear at the motor sits in the car) refused to accept a bolt. i thot the threads were damaged, so i pulled the tranny off the engine only to find that there are no threads, but the bolt will not enter the hole enough to engage, nor does it enter as far as the others. Could it be that the bolt sheared off inside of the block? i do need all 6 bolts to hook the tranny up to the engine no?

jon
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2021 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is fine without a bolt in it.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2021 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In case you're not aware the MY8 is the economy 4 spd transmission. If you change your mind and decide not to use it let me know and I would gladly take it off your hands and waive the disposal fee.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock