Dash by treborerellim
Started on: 02-05-2020 03:33 PM
Replies: 6 (436 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 10-05-2021 09:47 PM
treborerellim

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2020 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greetings,

Has anybody out there tried the Dash overlay from the Fiero Store. I kinda wonder if it's worth the effort. Also who's the best person or store to get a new GT trunk gasket from. Hopefully somebody can give me guidance on both subjects.

Respectfully, Bob
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2020 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do a search on the dash overlay.

The GT trunk gasket I purchased from the Fiero Store. The gasket seems to work just fine for me. The gasket itself is going to be a lot thicker than the old piece that you are taking off so you may need to adjust some items to be able to close the trunk properly without needing to slam it down.
Sledgehammer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SledgehammerSend a Private Message to SledgehammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is your existing dash damaged or faded. If fade you can repaint the dash using the various paints available for use on plastic. You would need to patiently tape off the areas which are of a different color. For example, the top of the dash in my car is dark brown and the face of the dash is a lighter saddle color. I intend to do this with m 87 since it has several areas where the paint was sun burned off. Actually the dash is really all dark brown and the face is factory painted the light saddle color. Just a thought. I wondered myself how the Fiero Store dash cover would look when installed.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That dash overlay is a thin plastic formed piece that you glue with silicone over your existing dash. I am not fond of it as the plastic seems brittle. If you wish to change the dash, we have a couple of excellent used ones here but shipping would probably be expensive

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

treborerellim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2021 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you to all that took the time to reply. And Dennis both of the corners on my air vents are busted up. So I'm looking for a quick an easy way to fix the problem.SEM makes a pretty good interior paint in a lot of colors. So I think I'll give it a try. We'll try and post pictures of the end result.

Bob Miller

eti engineer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2021 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eti engineerSend a Private Message to eti engineerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by treborerellim:

Thank you to all that took the time to reply. And Dennis both of the corners on my air vents are busted up. So I'm looking for a quick an easy way to fix the problem.SEM makes a pretty good interior paint in a lot of colors. So I think I'll give it a try. We'll try and post pictures of the end result.

Bob Miller

Please do. I have one small spot on my dash that needs to be repaired. If you didn't know where it is, you would probably never notice it, but I know where it is and it's bugging the hell out of me!!!

[This message has been edited by eti engineer (edited 10-05-2021).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2021 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock