Intermittant headlight problem by John W. Tilford
Started on: 08-27-2013 08:52 PM
Replies: 2 (137 views)
Last post by: John W. Tilford on 08-28-2013 08:49 AM
John W. Tilford

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John W. TilfordClick Here to visit John W. Tilford's HomePageSend a Private Message to John W. TilfordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As Eeyore so profoundly stated to Pooh, while waiting for the fraying rope to part and send him crashing down, "That's the fun part, Pooh, not knowing."

When I click the "headlights up and on" rocker, sometimes only one comes up. This usually happens after I've been driving on "parking lights" for a while and then push the main headlights side of the switch. When I then turn the lights totally off and then push the headlights rocker, both headlights come up. Is the little man under the hood who cranks up the lights just messing with me, or is this a "Gaslight" (Charles Boyer, Ingrid Bergman, 1944) ploy to drive me nuts, or is there a degrading component somewhere in the circuit? I've had no problems with the lights since I got this 88 GT back from Fiero Factory in 2006 until now.

Nothing against little men, you understand. I'm 5' 8 3/4" and getting shorter every year.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by John W. Tilford:

... is there a degrading component somewhere

Yep. Bushings.

You probably have a handful of crumbs left in the bad motor. The other one will be the same soon.

There are other options, but the simplest thing to do is to order the replacement bushings from Rodney. It's an easy fix.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-27-2013).]

John W. Tilford

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for John W. TilfordClick Here to visit John W. Tilford's HomePageSend a Private Message to John W. TilfordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! Just ordered Rodney's kit. I did this years ago for my first Fiero, a 1986 notchie 2.5. Wern't tooo bad a job then, but glad to read it's easier on the 88s.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock