No blinkers or running lights *help* by K-Z
Started on: 08-23-2013 03:02 PM
Replies: 3 (112 views)
Last post by: K-Z on 08-24-2013 10:11 PM
K-Z

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for K-ZSend a Private Message to K-ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I removed the tail light harness from my 86 gt, the car is new to me so I'm pretty sure the lights all worked before hand but not positive. Anyway I have plugged everything back in and my brake lights and p-o-n-t-I-a-c lights work but no running or signals.. I've checked all my fuses and all of the plugs are in and secure. There isn't even a blinking noise in the cabin when blinkers are on. The running lights up front wont come on either.. All the bulbs visually look fine and so do all the fuses.. Does anyone here know what could cause this? If so please enlighten me

Oh and I already checked the blinker fluid and its topped off
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's more than one thing wrong given your symptoms. Did you by chance modify your car from an '86 SE to an '86 GT? If you did, then the reason your rear turn signals and markers aren't working is because the aft half of the large C500 connector in the engine bay near the battery needs a few pin out modifications to mate properly to the front half of the connector for things to work properly.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure the small ground wire comeing off the battery has a good ground.
K-Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for K-ZSend a Private Message to K-ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a gt and the taillight harness is from the same gt, that's why it's weird. Ill check the ground again any more help or ideas are very welcome

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock