Everything works but Odometer by jwmitch
Started on: 08-11-2013 07:54 PM
Replies: 6 (285 views)
Last post by: jwmitch on 08-15-2013 06:27 AM
jwmitch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwmitchSend a Private Message to jwmitchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The trip meter and speedometer work fine but the odometer is dead. I took the assembly out, the odometer wasnt frozen and the motor for it seemed ok as far as a Ohm reading.
I swapped it anyway with another used one and its still dead. It looks like both odometers feed from the same connections on the circuit board, so what am I missing?
I can swap the whole board I guess, it just isnt making sense. Has anyone tore into it that far?
Thanks all,
John
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe the circuit board went bad? I had an odometer quit once but it was the motor. You could find a known good speedometer assembly, swap the counter/number part to the good speedometer and see what happens.
rod0708

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rod0708Send a Private Message to rod0708Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if anyone has the answer im in the same boat
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me too! Mine is an 84 Indy fwiw.
jwmitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwmitchSend a Private Message to jwmitchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill change the board if I cant see whats wrong with it and let you all know what happens.
IFLYR22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have tore into them quite extensively.
Have you checked the little gear on the motor? Or the gear on the Odometer cassette?
Have you tried to swap the odometer and trip motors?

-Dave
jwmitch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwmitchSend a Private Message to jwmitchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got it working, I believe that the board was bad, and possibly the guage itself since it has 4 lugs and seems to feed output to other things.
I couldnt just change either board or guage because my parts unit was 1 year older and didnt seem compatible. The 84 board was much larger than the 85 and when hooked to the new speedometer guage made it go crazy. Sorry I cant be sure for the rest of you with similar problems, but my gut is saying the guage and possibly the board were bad.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock