Started on: 08-06-2013 11:55 AM
Replies: 9 (287 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 08-06-2013 03:50 PM
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
on a fastback for them to fit properly, is this common? The 88 I picked up, PO sent new sail panels with it, but the drivers side doesn't seem to fit properly, anyone seen this before? someone told me they need to be 'trimmed' ???
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I havent yet heard of anyone making replacement fastback sail panels that fit properly.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought mine off of e-bay from Chris Cook and they fit well.

Squeaky

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I havent yet heard of anyone making replacement fastback sail panels that fit properly.

I have a new pair of tinted repo ones from fierostore.com, I hope they fit alright...

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a set off Ebay and they fit perfectly. If the need to be trimmed, they are defective.
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought NOS ones years ago and they fit. Replaced the originals on my 87 & 88 GTs. I still have another set still in the box.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Squeaky:

I have a new pair of tinted repo ones from fierostore.com, I hope they fit alright...

I mostly hear this from others, not first hand experience, as I only own notchies.
fastblack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a set from the fierostore a few years back that had to be trimmed to fit right. I just took a dremmel to it. It was actually quite easy to do just frustrating having to do it on a new piece. I contacted the fierostore about it and they offered me a discount on my next order. They're usually pretty good about that kind of stuff.

On a side not, when installing the first one on the driver's side I didn't notice the problem until I had ruined a good amount of my 3M tape. Got the "slightly used" tape off just fine but this caused me to be a bit short and instead of going back to the store to get more I put it on without doubling it up as much as I did on the other side. Now sometimes my driver side door window will catch the 1/4 when opening. I believe this is from a combination of me not trimming enough off the back of the 1/4 window and not having enough tape just behind the door window. Mostly my own fault but still annoying.

[This message has been edited by fastblack (edited 08-06-2013).]

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:

I bought a set from the fierostore a few years back that had to be trimmed to fit right. I just took a dremmel to it. It was actually quite easy to do just frustrating having to do it on a new piece. I contacted the fierostore about it and they offered me a discount on my next order. They're usually pretty good about that kind of stuff.

On a side not, when installing the first one on the driver's side I didn't notice the problem until I had ruined a good amount of my 3M tape. Got the "slightly used" tape off just fine but this caused me to be a bit short and instead of going back to the store to get more I put it on without doubling it up as much as I did on the other side. Now sometimes my driver side door window will catch the 1/4 when opening. Mostly my own fault but still annoying.

I used 3m window weld roll, I know everyone says use the 'tape' but I can guarantee they are NOT coming off w/ this stuff... and its a hell of a lot cheaper.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FieroWarehouse had some great ones, but he no longer makes them. I bought a pair from another supplier. At least one of them actually came from The Fiero Store and he just repackaged it. Never installed them due to poor quality. I then ordered a pair from ChrisCookDesigns and they were of good quality and fit. No trimming necessary.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock