installing firebird dash, Need wiring pinout by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 08-04-2013 08:35 PM
Replies: 3 (465 views)
Last post by: carbon on 08-05-2013 03:11 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm wanting to put a firebird dash into my 85 Notchie, is there a wiring diagram that "shows" what Fiero dash wires get "Pinned" into the firebird Dash " plug" to make the gauges work ??? I know a few of you have done this. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jreigner

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jreignerSend a Private Message to jreignerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started doing this and then just installed speedhut gauges in the firebird dash. The conversion is not a direct swap and you may want the bcm depending on ho big you want to go. I was using wiring diagrams from both cars to pinout. I can dig up my docs for the light switch-which is all I reused.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought it might just be a matter of "moving wires around". if not, I won't do it. thanks
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suggest reading this whole thread if you want the big picture, but this post has wiring pinout info about the swap... but there is more too it than just repinning...

Designing a new dash need a few ideas - post #359

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock