Started on: 07-04-2022 04:53 PM
Replies: 37 (446 views)
Last post by: cvxjet on 07-10-2022 02:15 PM
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2022 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/n...443988b6a6aa454d2449

Good thing they have all those gun laws!

In before the trash can.

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 07-04-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2022 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The person at large for this shooting is a Biden Brat name Awake to the Rapper.

Hopefully they capture him soon and this dangerous criminal off the streets.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2022 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So typical of the kind of person that voted for Biden in 2020.

What a bizarre comment. Was the Buffalo shooter a "Biden Brat", too? The Uvalde perp? What about the one before that? And the one that will be a national news story sometime next week, if not before? Not to mention the considerable number of criminal shooters that aren't breaking into the ranks of high profile national news stories, even though some qualify as "mass shootings."

"Biden Brat"... I don't think it's a phrase that appears at all, commonly, online. Google. Duckduckgo. I don't see it coming up very often. Twitter?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2022 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Highland Park shooting person of interest left online trail of violent imagery"

Social media profiles show he performed as a rapper who went by the name “Awake,” whose recent music videos included depictions of mass murder.

Ben Collins and Safia Samee Ali for NBC News; July 4, 2022.
https://www.nbcnews.com/new...nt-imagery-rcna36628
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2022 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Hopefully they capture him soon and this dangerous criminal off the streets.

Caught.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2022 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
6 foot and 120 pounds? No wonder his gun suddenly started shooting people, it needed a sandwich.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2022 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The gun could have just eaten its owner. He was (according to a previous remark in this thread) a "Biden Brat(wurst)."

I'm still trying to get my head around that remark. The Highland Park murderer fancied himself a rap artist or rapper, so that connects him to Biden or to the Democratic Party at some level? He's not just some "rando"... there has to be some coherent political or idealogical (or some other) link between this (suspected) murderer and Biden? Hunter Biden?

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

When Keith Olbermann anchored "Countdown" on MSNBC—some years ago, now—I was a regular viewer. I think it was "Countdown". Or maybe it was just a sports hour that he had, on ESPN.

I remember a skit that he put on, leaving his anchor's desk and walking to an elevator and getting inside the elevator and then muttering to himself in a hyper-exaggerated way to signify his exasperation with a play call by the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl game that they lost to the Patriots. When they tried to throw a very short-yardage pass for a touchdown, instead of a running play for Marshawn Lynch. And the Patriots intercepted. I think that's what happened. Anyone remember that?

Olbermann went berserk about it That's the same effect that these occasional (yet recurring) manifestations of the phrase "Biden Brat" are having on me. I can't fathom any logic or sense to what's going on inside the head of he who says that.

I don't think the Highland Park murderer is any more of a "Biden Brat" than he is a "Trump Tater." I guess it's tempting for some people to pretend that any rando that "crimes" is the same as some high profile "pol" or celebrity or political party or faction that they don't like. It doesn't make a lick of sense. But that person is not the only such person on this forum. There's been a history of it. Including one member who got banned (but not because of that.)

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-05-2022).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2022 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I can't fathom any logic or sense.

Summed up your rant for the TL;DR crowd.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2022 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can't fathom any logic or sense to the way that "Biden Brat" was put into this discussion (previously) by forum member "Wichita".

Let ME summarize my "rant." As I just did.

Thanks "Fats", for the idea.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2022 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just as with the other recent incidents, the guy had been saying that he was going to do this, for several years, and the police knew it. Another FU*KING failure!
Just as always, this could have been stopped. It could have been stopped if someone would have just paid attention, instead of waiting for it to happen, then taking advantage of the mayhem to promote some personal political vendetta.

Stop side stepping the issue, and face the facts.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2022 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19429 posts
Member since Mar 2009
I was just listening to an interesting discussion that might provide a clue as to what is happening. Look at the Uvalde killer and this one. What do they have in common, of course they were both males who were born in the 21st century, but they also exhibit a characteristic which was not common until recently. For lack of a better description, they were both what I would call “sexually ambiguous”.

In the last decade or so, the term “toxic masculinity” has come into common use. Many young people have been taught that natural male characteristics are actually a moral failure, and that they should question their sexuality and explore alternatives.

Most of we “more mature” men grew up watching Humphrey Bogart, John Wayne and Steve McQueen, but these kids have seen more of Johnny Depp type characters.

They have been taught that they are naturally inclined towards evil and that they should become something completely unnatural. The deck is stacked against them and they cannot win, so in the end, they lash out against what they perceive as insurmountable adversity, inescapable defeat.

I tried to keep it brief, but there is more to it than that.

Think about it. Don’t just try to come up with reasons why I must be wrong. Just consider it.
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2022 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just scrolling through the latest from the New York Times.

There were "red flags" with this young perpetrator, and before he reached age 21 (I think) the police had confiscated a medieval-like "arsenal" of edged weapons from the perp, but not his firearms. I think he bought the firearms that he used in this crime before he reached age 21.

Playing the "time machine" game—the new federal legislation or "Safer Communities Act" would have been relevant to this case. As he would have been someone under the age of 21 making applications to buy firearms. So the (theoretically) improved background check system for people under age 21 would have been in order.

Although it seems like they should not even have needed any of this new federal legislation, which is now on the books and in the process of being "fielded" for this case. The state of Illinois and the LEOs should have been able to confiscate the firearms that he already had and prevent him from legally buying any more firearms—or at least, buying more firearms from a federally licensed firearms dealer based in the state of Illinois.

I wonder if there could be lawsuits coming against the perpetrator's parents, with which he obviously still had connections, and against the medical professionals who saw him after he threatened to commit suicide. It sounds like he already had the firearms. Lawsuits alleging negligence and even malpractice (for the medical professionals.)

Also, lawsuits against the National Democratic Campaign Committee and against the obvious Biden-related organizations and political fundraisers—civil lawsuits, seeking compensation for damages and remedial actions, filed by forum member "Wichita", alleging willful abetting of and negligence with respect to a "Biden Brat." Or would that be addressed by the criminal code?

Obviously, YMMV. And I've got to find my way to some steamed or grilled bratwurst, plated or "bunned". I've not had that in some time, and my continuing engagement in this "Biden Brat" issue that I've been trying to escalate has given me a craving. (Wasn't there something in the news recently about shortages in the mustard condiments industry lately? Shrinkflation?)

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2022 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I was just listening to an interesting discussion that might provide a clue as to what is happening. Look at the Uvalde killer and this one. What do they have in common, of course they were both males who were born in the 21st century, but they also exhibit a characteristic which was not common until recently. For lack of a better description, they were both what I would call “sexually ambiguous”.

In the last decade or so, the term “toxic masculinity” has come into common use. Many young people have been taught that natural male characteristics are actually a moral failure, and that they should question their sexuality and explore alternatives.

Most of we “more mature” men grew up watching Humphrey Bogart, John Wayne and Steve McQueen, but these kids have seen more of Johnny Depp type characters.

They have been taught that they are naturally inclined towards evil and that they should become something completely unnatural. The deck is stacked against them and they cannot win, so in the end, they lash out against what they perceive as insurmountable adversity, inescapable defeat.

I tried to keep it brief, but there is more to it than that.

Think about it. Don’t just try to come up with reasons why I must be wrong. Just consider it.

I'd also like to know if there was a responsible, adult male / father figure in his, and the other shooters, lives.

There are a very few exceptions, but a common thread also seems to be an absent father.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2022 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
I'd also like to know if there was a responsible, adult male / father figure in his, and the other shooters, lives.

There are a very few exceptions, but a common thread also seems to be an absent father.

The killer lived in a house on his father's property. His father owned a deli and at one time ran for mayor. I don't think his mother was around, I think his father had another woman.

The killer was unemployed, probably never really grew up.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-05-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2022 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Tracfone compares how some wireless companies take back your unused data to a grocery store taking back all the brats you didn't use at the tailgate. It says it offers unlimited carryover data to its users so you can keep the data you paid for."
https://ispot.tv/a/n_4h

Mmm...brats!

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2022 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The killer lived in a house on his father's property. His father owned a deli and at one time ran for mayor. I don't think his mother was around, I think his father had another woman.

The killer was unemployed, probably never really grew up.

He dressed in drag, was a stoner and remarked that we were all slaves to an ancient document.

There is an underlying foundation that motivates crazy people like him to kill people.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2022 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He dressed in drag, was a stoner and remarked that we were all slaves to an ancient document. There is an underlying foundation that motivates crazy people like him to kill people.

I had started a Reply, but misfortunately (although some here may not agree with that) I caused it to be erased.

I believe that "Wichita" is looking for specificities and patterns in the minds and the lives of the various, high profile "crimes using guns" perpetrators that do not exist. Beyond the more general pattern of mental illness. They're all mentally ill in the common sense of that term, although not necessarily in the way that's defined in terms of criminal law and litigation.

I have MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell on video describing the Highland Park perpetrator and his father as Trump supporters and Second Amendment enthusiasts. O'Donnell displayed a Twitter message from the Highland Park's father. (I may have it. If they post it on YouTube or on the MSNBC website.)

"Tracfone compares how some wireless companies take back your unused data to a grocery store taking back all the brats you didn't use at the tailgate. It says it offers unlimited carryover data to its users so you can keep the data you paid for."
https://ispot.tv/a/n_4h

Mmm...Biden Brats!

"What if the store took back all the brats you didn't eat at the end of the month, like some wireless companies take back your data? Tracfone Wireless gives you unlimited carryover data, so if you pay for brats, you get to keep your brats..."

Oh, did I mention another forum member has been saying "Biden Brats"..?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-06-2022).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2022 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He dressed in drag, was a stoner and remarked that we were all slaves to an ancient document.

There is an underlying foundation that motivates crazy people like him to kill people.

Of note is the little bastard decked out in his Antifa gear, (lower left)
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2022 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Highland Park perpetrator's alleged pro-Antifa or pro-MAGA leanings... don't be misled by premature and ill-informed speculations or calculated misinformation. Even though the Highland Park perpetrator is alive and in custody, there may not ever be a clear understanding of any reasoning in his mind—even a psychopathic kind of reasoning—that would connect any political sentiments or cultural and society-related ideations in his mind, with the crime that he committed on July 4, 2022.

Tom Norton for Newsweek; July 5, 2022.
https://www.newsweek.com/bo...what-we-dont-1721743
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2022 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't believe these people are driven by ideology. They may choose an ideology that enables them to express their emotional aberrations, but they do not make a logical choice, based on rational criteria.

As I have said before, blaming this on the gun or a political ideology is a cop-out. It shuts down the discussion. It prevents us from solving the problem.

Face the facts. We are raising defective people because we are denying thousands of years of societal evolution. We know better.

Stop avoiding the issue!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2022 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19429 posts
Member since Mar 2009
There are ideological groups which provide a haven for these people, nazis, ecoterrorists, anarchists; but these people went defective and then chose their outlet. They were not "radicalized" by an ideology. They were already broken.

Stop producing "angry young men" and the nazis, antifa, et al will evaporate. There will be no one to replenish their ranks.
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2022 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are ideological groups which provide a haven for these people, nazis, ecoterrorists, anarchists; but these people went defective and then chose their outlet. They were not "radicalized" by an ideology. They were already broken.

Stop producing "angry young men" and the nazis, antifa, et al will evaporate. There will be no one to replenish their ranks.

I'm not for sure if we really know how to do that.

Our prison system is full of millions of angry men. We kill each other in mass during times of war and because of arbitrary street turf because of angry men. Bullies are abound from workplace, school boards to the President are angry men.

We all seemed to point to the root of what is producing "angry young men". It's the music, it's the parents or lack thereof, it's (insert political party or ideology), it's the (race), it's the schools, it's the .....

Currently many people think that what will stop this is to ban the sales of guns, confiscate all remaining guns, make gun ownership illegal, pack the court and put Trump in jail. At least that is what the media is parading to us.

Maybe they are right. I have no idea on how to solve these acts of violence or to stop producing "angry young men", which happens all the time (not just mass media publicized). Maybe we should just ban guns and make it illegal.

If it isn't guns, it would be explosives, arson, knives and hatchets.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2022 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not for sure if we really know how to do that.

Of course we don't know how to do that. But when we blame guns, or Trump or pineapple pizza, we stop trying to solve the problem. We say "ban guns", then walk away, feeling like we have done our part. We have accomplished nothing.

Traditional values are tradition because they work. They have stood the test of time. Those who want to try failed ideas, over and over, believe they are being clever, but the truth is that they just lack experience.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-06-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2022 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found the solution.

"SchoolPulse is helping high schools fight America’s teenage mental health crisis—one [mobile phone text message] at a time"

EXCERPT

. . . Utah-based SchoolPulse is doing everything it can to combine technology, therapy, and positive psychology to ensure that school connectedness grows. Through this platform, teens can access real-time professional mental health guidance, suicide prevention, and positive psychology messaging.

“We help build and save lives, principally among our students in grades 7-12. We do that by being where the students are—on their phone,” says Colby Jenkins, CEO of SchoolPulse.

SchoolPulse is a text-based Response-to-Intervention (RTI), Social and Emotional Learning (SEL), and Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) platform, Jenkins says. “The term PBIS is important for educators when referring to mental health concepts, training, systems, etc. PBIS is an evidence-based three-tiered framework to improve and integrate all data, systems, and practices affecting student outcomes every day. We help educators fulfill and meet their PBIS requirements.”

The St. George-based company was co-founded in 2017 by licensed therapist Iuri Melo and software engineer Trent Staheli and currently works with schools in 15 states. To interact with SchoolPulse, students of participating schools scan a QR code unique to their school that automatically “enrolls” them in the text-based system. Three times a week, SchoolPulse sends out positive psychology messaging. . . .

Heather Beers for Utah Business; May 6, 2022.
https://www.utahbusiness.co...ental-health-crisis/

The Highland Park perpetrator and the other recent and less recent perps... just born too early. Before SchoolPulse is finished building out and establishing itself in all schools, from coast to coast.

OK... not being fully serious. (Surprise.)

Just something I stumbled upon as I was sitting here, having an Internet browse and coffee.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-06-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2022 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Of course we don't know how to do that. But when we blame guns, or Trump or pineapple pizza, we stop trying to solve the problem. We say "ban guns", then walk away, feeling like we have done our part. We have accomplished nothing.

Traditional values are tradition because they work. They have stood the test of time. Those who want to try failed ideas, over and over, believe they are being clever, but the truth is that they just lack experience.

My take on it, maybe just phrasing the same concept differently, it's a control/freedom issue. Also, "Traditional values" vary by demographic. A Cristian's traditional values are not the same as a Muslims, rural residents are not the same as urban. By forcefully mixing all those different traditions conflict is created. Look back just 20 years in any major city. Every single ethnic/religious group had their own neighbourhood, and the concept has worked fairly well for hundreds if not thousands of years. NOW we cant have that, we are forced to be "inclusive" and "accommodating" and "accepting" to the point we cant be ourselves anymore.

Add in turning every single one of us into fully controlled slaves with millions (literally) of laws, enforced by brutal jackboot thugs (actually, enemy troops at this point) at the point of the gun and nightstick. Look at all of the "licences" we didn't need 20 or 30 years ago compared to now. We are at the point we have so little freedom we need permission to use words and approval to think.

EVERY single animal will lash out and attack if confined and tormented too much too soon. It took thousands of years to "domesticate" the few species we have done successfully, and even then they are not 100% tamed, attacks happen.

Humans are just bipedal animals, no different in that regard than any other animal.....and TPTB have tried that "domestication" within 2 generations. Too much restraint too fast and just like any other animal this is the result.

So these brilliant progressives have taken away the comfort and security of human's tribal nature by force and created constant tension and conflict. They have taken away virtually all freedom and initiated the "fight response", and then they have exposed us to a constant stream of televised brutality showing us what will happen if we dare disobey, resist, or refuse to comply instantly. Zero hesitation permitted. Plus proven time and time again they are some sort of elite ruling class exempt from the very conditions they enforce on us.

What did they really think would happen. It's called a powderkeg.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-06-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2022 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Just a typical celebration in the hood.

https://worldstarhiphop.com...kEc5Y#comments-arena
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2022 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:
My take on it... Look at all of the "licences" we didn't need 20 or 30 years ago compared to now.

What licenses? How many licenses are you burdened with now, that you wouldn't have had to put up with 20 or 30 years ago?

The Covid vaccine? That's one. It can be a hassle for someone who doesn't want to get the Covid vaccine. But beyond that..?

If it was so great, 20 or 30 years ago, or 200 or 2000 years ago... why did it go downhill? Whatever it was, back then, it already had within it the seeds of its own destruction.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-07-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2022 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What licenses? How many licenses are you burdened with now, that you wouldn't have had to put up with 20 or 30 years ago?

The Covid vaccine? That's one. It can be a hassle for someone who doesn't want to get the Covid vaccine. But beyond that..?

If it was so great, 20 or 30 years ago, or 200 or 2000 years ago... why did it go downhill? Whatever it was, back then, it already had within it the seeds of its own destruction.

Fishing, recreational boating didn't exist, gun and hunting were MUCH simpler, pilots were much simpler, driving was much simpler. Thats just off the top of my head in 3 seconds

WHY it went downhill ? #1 cash-grab, #2 idiots afraid of their own shadow trying to make the world a "safe space" and #3 self-serving power-grabbing goobernment types giving themselves more power and job security.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2022 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fishing, recreational boating didn't exist, gun and hunting were MUCH simpler, pilots were much simpler, driving was much simpler. Thats just off the top of my head in 3 seconds

WHY it went downhill ? #1 cash-grab, #2 idiots afraid of their own shadow trying to make the world a "safe space" and #3 self-serving power-grabbing goobernment types giving themselves more power and job security.

I don't see that "regulatory overload" is behind the recurrence in the U.S. of mass murders or mass murder attempts, or the lower profile murders and assaults that are an everyday occurrence in the U.S. in every well populated area from one coast to the other.

The other ideas that MEM was talking about, about more cultural diversity and more integration into the same neighborhoods of people of different ancestries, skin colors and religious affiliations...I can't say I agree with MEM that this is turning the U.S. into a "powderkeg", but at least it has some possibilities for discussion.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2022 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's (smaller, but there) part of the stress, irritation and aggravation of the overall all picture.

Ever had a bad day that starts with one tiny thing (your boss telling you to straighten your tie), then every little thing irritates you more, and by 5pm ya have snapped and cant even fart without sharting ? And hate every single thing on the planet ?

Same principal. It used to be called "Going Postal"

All these control (licencing/safety/security) schemes are just one more thing added on the path to snapping. One more irritation that wasnt needed.

We ALL have those days. Not all of us go all Rambo-John-J over it but some do. (Most of us stick to Road Rage ). TRIGGERED and had-****in-enough.

Remove those 'triggers" to past levels, or at least some of them and the problem will reduce to past levels. Remember, at that point you are no longer dealing with rational thought. You are dealing with emotional and vengeful concepts. Self-defence. Remove the irritants. So what happens when the whole damn world is an irritant ? Personally, I said "fuk ya'all, dont need ya" and turned into a quasi-hermit. These shooters dont, they have gone past the "hermit" point into thinking there is no escape.

At least I think.

<edit>

Interesting chart. https://www.statista.com/st...shootings-in-the-us/

and https://gunsources.com/2022...istics-list-by-year/

and https://time.com/4965022/de...shooting-us-history/

Could it be the problem is the media and "evil gun" hype is one hell of a lot more than the past ?

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-08-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2022 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Let me give you a personal "trigger", Rinse. Pretty common ones for the 50+ crowd.

20 years ago was 2002. 9/11 was still fresh. I was transitioning from aviation to auto sector. I had a pay-as-you-go Nokia phone (NO contracts or "plans") that made phone calls. That's it. I think it played snake. It was indestructible. Cost me $25 a month to run. It was quiet and didn't make noise unless somebody was actually calling.

Speaking of costs, I got paid by cheque. Went to the credit union (no banks) cashed it in exchange for a pocket full of paper. Went and paid the bills IN CASH, got my receipts, did any shopping I had to, and stuffed the leftover into this big model Spitfire I had (nobody EVER gonna look there). NO "automatic payments" or "direct deposit" or "cards" or e-transfer-it-up-yours or any of that crap.

It was an easy, simple and effective way to live, and I had 100% control. AND, no problems. Well, divorce and custody-type problems but not every-day sheet.

Fast forward 20 years. I have a "smart-phone" that will not shut up and leave me alone. I don't know WTF it is doing half the time, it just keeps making noise at me until I MAKE IT stfu. A few times over those 20 years SHUT UP has meant a high-speed trip against a wall or into a lake. I've learned to buy cheap ones because they arent going to last. I have no idea what it costs because 1/2 the time at seemingly random intervals the only way to make it SHUT UP and work is to throw money at it. Right now it is laying out on the lawn because Rogers network is down Canada-wide and every 30 seconds since 5am it tries to hook to the network and throws a hissy-fit of noise when it cant. I don't give a sheet. I never wanted those pieces of CRAP in my life. I got forced against my will since (short of collecting discarded cans) it is impossible to make money in this society without one. Society needs to be EMP-nuked to make these things SHUT UP forever and the individuals over the past 20 years who refused to SHUT UP and take "no" for an answer deserve to have their skulls smashed to a pulp. and used for urinals. Oh, and it wants automatic-money. If I don't give it a bunch of numbers so it can take what it wants when it wants it goes on strike. And then it is going to proceed to bother, pester and annoy me until it gets it's own way and I give it those numbers. I have NO control whatsoever anymore.

I have a call-blocker on it to make people SHUT UP. I dont give a sheet what you are selling or surveying, STFU, go away and dont bother me. I'm busy and dont want to be disturbed. That call-blocker automatically blocks all "unknown numbers" and only allows numbers from people I know or at least can see. So now I have to fight with people (various professionals on personal cell phones for Kim over the past 18 month THIS time) who will not STFU and want me to disable my blocker because they dont want to disable their number block. I dont care. frack off. Your calling me, I am not calling you so my way or the highway. It's not open for negotiation and STFU !

Every-single-day since I was forced into one to keep a job in 2009, I am irritated, pissed-off, frustrated, angry and plain old miserable about these things at least 5 times a day. Every day.

Speaking of automatic numbers, I seldom see "cash' anymore. It's NOT by choice, but if you want to make money in this society, without that cart full of cans, you WILL have 67-quadrillion different accounts, passwords and payment methods to try and keep track of. Keeping track and observing is all you can do because unless you agree to "automatic" you don't get water, or power, or a roof, or communications, or insurance or a bunch of ANYTHING. Your in a tent in the woods. OH, did you know in the fine print of that "automatic" they can change dates, and amounts and whatever they want just by telling you 24 hours in advance. (OH, HEY, we are taking $5,000 out of your account in the morning, have a nice day and screw you if you don't have it right now). We made an error ? OH, that's nice. YOU prove it and we might give you your money back in 3 or 4 months or so. And that's only 1/2 of it. I am not even going to START on the fun of trying to get paid with all this automatic-e-sheet. We have ZERO financial control anymore and you BETTER be sitting on an unlimited pile of money and/or credit reserves to function normally. G-D shame all the banking and corporate HQ's don't get the Tim McVey treatment. Pieces of sub-human filth belong in death camps. I've spent 20 years telling them "NO", and "fuk off", "cash only" and "SHUT UP" but that's been about as successful as trying to keep simple, easy, reliable, cheap telecommunications.

NOW that we are done with business, we can get onto social/political....Naw, I dont feel like typing that much and you can see where this is headed.

I FULLY understand the why these shooters would grab a rifle...what I cant for the life of me figure out is how they figure a few firearms is going to be enough firepower to fix things, or they could possibly carry enough ammo. WE need that asteroid strike, or super-volcano, or nuclear war, or something along those lines to get rid of fix this sheet-hole society.

Mass-shootings to fix THIS? What's the next brilliant move, a tube of crazy-glue to fix cracks in the 3-rivers dam ?

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-08-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2022 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just a typical celebration in the hood.

https://worldstarhiphop.com...kEc5Y#comments-arena

I don't know where that video was filmed, but I see a couple of violations and code infractions if it was around these parts.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2022 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

It's (smaller, but there) part of the stress, irritation and aggravation of the overall all picture.

Ever had a bad day that starts with one tiny thing (your boss telling you to straighten your tie), then every little thing irritates you more, and by 5pm ya have snapped and cant even fart without sharting ? And hate every single thing on the planet ?

Same principal. It used to be called "Going Postal"
Could it be the problem is the media and "evil gun" hype is one hell of a lot more than the past ?

I don't claim to have any answers, but I will offer some food for thought:
At one time a few years ago, there was a heated debate going around the media and talking head circles about violent video games and "entertainment" platforms like movies and paintball games. Those arguments seemed to have faded away and replaced with different arguments for the shootings. I believe the lust for violence in our society does play a role in how people deal with their "struggles", how they lash out in fits of rage. My point is that our society is programed to NOT just disagree with other people, but to make them an enemy. Then the next progressive step in dealing with internal struggles is to defeat the enemy. Not just prove them wrong, but socially, mentally and physically defeat them. We all know that the VAST majority of people in America act somewhat responsible about internal struggles, but time and time again we see "mentally ill" individuals acting out,.... sometimes in the for of harming or killing others. They have ALL resorted to a primal level of animal or cave man behavior, using the tools and techniques freely given to them by a society lusting for violence.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2022 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2022 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It took a couple of seconds....
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2022 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

It took a couple of seconds....

I don't get it.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-10-2022 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bet-tee White
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2022 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The perp's Father helped him buy the guns.

I watched a movie back when I was in my late teens called "Taras Bulba" starring Yul Brenner and Tony Curtis.....Yul is Tony's father and leader of the Cossacks....He sends his son to school in Kiev and there Tony falls for Polish princess....Later, the Poles betray the Cossacks and so they lay siege to the Polish city of Dubno......

The son tries to lead a group to give supplies to the polish city (Where his princess is starving- and being held hostage) and is caught by his father...and Yul KILLS Tony for his betrayal....

This situation was a very big revelation....Although I don't agree with Yul's reason for killing his son, I thought about the fact that you, as a father, are responsible for the proper upbringing of your children. This is something that ALL parents should think about.

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 07-10-2022).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock