Started on: 06-27-2022 12:23 AM
Replies: 32 (325 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 07-21-2022 12:56 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2022 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.huffpost.com/en...d34de4b0c184bdd14f6b

Didnt learn from Nascar, did they ? NOTHING like pissin off your biggest fan base.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it possible to post the numbers that reveal how many dollars in revenue NASCAR has lost because they banished the Confederate flag on June 10, 2020?

Not since they banished the Confederate flag, but because they banished the Confederate flag.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CMA has been woke fir awhile, unfortunately. I remember the Dixie Chicks saying something silly way back when at the CMAs.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

CMA has been woke fir awhile, unfortunately. I remember the Dixie Chicks saying something silly way back when at the CMAs.

If Democrat singers can make political statements, then the audience should also be allowed to wear Democrat flags.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
If Democrat singers can make political statements, then the audience should also be allowed to wear Democrat flags.

Some of the "Democrats" at that Stop The Steal Rally, Vandalization and Assault-fest on January 6.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-27-2022).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Three thoughts:

1) What passes for country music anymore is just pop stars with hats.

2) CMA is a private organization and can do what ever the hell they like.

and...

3)

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Some of the "Democrats" at that Stop The Steal Rally, Vandalization and Assault-fest on January 6.

Almost (but not quite) like the peaceful protests that took place across the country this past weekend?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen coverage of the latest protests and disturbances in the wake of the SCOTUS ruling on abortions, but is anyone going to say that Confederate flags were being waved and paraded by the people who don't like that ruling? Those are the people—the people that don't like the ruling—that would be more aligned (by and large) with the Democratic Party and its candidates and officeholders.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I haven't seen coverage of the latest protests and disturbances in the wake of the SCOTUS ruling on abortions, but is anyone going to say that Confederate flags were being waved and paraded by the people who don't like that ruling? Those are the people—the people that don't like the ruling—that would be more aligned (by and large) with the Democratic Party and its candidates and officeholders.

In Phoenix, they surrounded the capitol building while the state legislature was in session, trapping them in the building. They tore down the fences and tried to break through the doors. They vandalized a number of monuments and war memorials. The DPS had to use tear gas to run them off. Of course you will not read about it in the Village Voice.

One important difference here was that our lawmakers did not fear for their lives, many were armed. How do you like them apples?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's news to me. I haven't been as "plugged in" over the last few days as has been my previously longstanding custom. But this thread had its origin in the decision by the Country Music Association to banish the Confederate battle flag and other imagery of the Confederacy.

Is that "woke"..? I think it is very wrong-headed for anyone to describe that as being "woke" or succumbing to "woke." To ban, or to emphatically renounce the Confederate battle flag and the like. I say that is not "woke." I say, very emphatically, that is not "woke." I deplore that anyone considers that to be "woke."

This forum has the phenomenon of those that are constantly "going on" about how the Left misappropriates and misuses the "racism" accusation—not without reason—but this is kind of a mirror-world phenomenon, where "Right" replaces "Left", and "woke" replaces "racist."

Wake up!

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woke is a term coined by the left to replace the hackneyed phrase "politically correct". It has no equivalence to the left's misuse and abuse of the term racist, which has become a meaningless epithet.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2022 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most terms and labels have become meaningless, even "left" and "right", "liberal, nazi, and commie", and..and...and...Everything re-labeled, re-defined, reversed and re-imaged

It's an Orwellian double-speak wet dream.
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2022 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007

That's news to me. I haven't been as "plugged in" over the last few days as has been my previously longstanding custom. But this thread had its origin in the decision by the Country Music Association to banish the Confederate battle flag and other imagery of the Confederacy.

Is that "woke"..? I think it is very wrong-headed for anyone to describe that as being "woke" or succumbing to "woke." To ban, or to emphatically renounce the Confederate battle flag and the like. I say that is not "woke." I say, very emphatically, that is not "woke." I deplore that anyone considers that to be "woke."

This forum has the phenomenon of those that are constantly "going on" about how the Left misappropriates and misuses the "racism" accusation—not without reason—but this is kind of a mirror-world phenomenon, where "Right" replaces "Left", and "woke" replaces "racist."

Wake up!

WWWWWAAAAASSSIIIIISSSSSTTTTTTT enough yet ????

Because I dont see any there...and I guess she doesnt either

But CMA does.....
(And Willie is correct....the term "Woke" replaced "Politically-Correct", probably just because it's easier to type. But, dont matter what they name it, It's still the same sheet and I still got no tolerance for it. Somebody got offended ? GOOD, they can STFU, GTFO and MYOB next time, and we will both have peace)

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 06-27-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
Woke is a term coined by the left to replace the hackneyed phrase "politically correct". It has no equivalence to the left's misuse and abuse of the term racist, which has become a meaningless epithet.

I don't know about that explanation. But people like MidEngineManiac are misusing and abusing "woke" in a way that is turning "woke" into a meaningless epithet whenever it is misused and abused in the sane way that it was misused and abused at the very start of this thread. He has been using "woke" as a derisive epithet. He is casting aspersions on anyone or any group that he considers to be "woke."

If people want to be part of the CMA's scenes or events, they are expected by the CMA to participate without any Confederate flags or garb that they may have. Same for NASCAR events.

If some people want to fantasize about the "good old days" when Blacks "knew their place", those people should not feel free to display that attitude publicly at CMA or NASCAR events. If they're trying to symbolize something other than that (other than White supremacy or White privilege) with the Confederate flags and imagery, then they need to find some other, more appropriate kinds of flags and garb or images.

That's not "woke." It's just common decency.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2022 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, it is NOT "common decency". It is censorship and thought-control, JUST like caged "free speech zones"

Like it or not (actually, tough **** ) free thought, belief and speech are legal rights, human rights and constitutional rights. They are hallmarks of freedom in a free society,. Those that try to "gain an upper hand" and enforce their P-C views are nothing more than petty tyrants....and as far as I am concerned, those kind belong in camps. Dont even bother with the gas, just throw them in the ovens alive so i can enjoy their screams while I take MY (not their) rights and freedoms back.

BTW, I wear mine tattooed on my right arm. Been there for 40 years. Molon Labe, if youse can.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know about that explanation. But people like MidEngineManiac are misusing and abusing "woke" in a way that is turning "woke" into a meaningless epithet whenever it is misused and abused in the sane way that it was misused and abused at the very start of this thread. He has been using "woke" as a derisive epithet. He is casting aspersions on anyone or any group that he considers to be "woke."

If people want to be part of the CMA's scenes or events, they are expected by the CMA to participate without any Confederate flags or garb that they may have. Same for NASCAR events.

If some people want to fantasize about the "good old days" when Blacks "knew their place", those people should not feel free to display that attitude publicly at CMA or NASCAR events. If they're trying to symbolize something other than that (other than White supremacy or White privilege) with the Confederate flags and imagery, then they need to find some other, more appropriate kinds of flags and garb or images.

It's strange to me that you are so weak-minded that in your mind, a place going "woke" just means that they banned a flag.

Lefties that advocate for the rape and murder of children don't get to preach about decency.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2022 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If they're trying to symbolize something other than that (other than White supremacy or White privilege) with the Confederate flags and imagery, then they need to find some other, more appropriate kinds of flags and garb or images.

If ya dont like it, dont look at. Look the other way. It is NOT (by any stretch of the imagination) YOUR right to silence ANYBODY over YOUR inability to control your own emotions, and again, the woke lefties are NOT in charge, and we are NOT subservient to them.

**** 'em if they dont like it.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2022 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by Fats:

It's strange to me that you are so weak-minded that in your mind, a place going "woke" just means that they banned a flag.

Lefties that advocate for the rape and murder of children don't get to preach about decency.

Forget it, Fats. There is no getting through to them.

The just dont get it, that it is not about black, white, green, male, whatever, pimple-vs-non-pimple. Xtian vs Muzzie vs Jew vs GreatSpaghetti....

It's about our RIGHT not to be bothered with those people or groups we dont wish to, for whatever reason we deem fit. And to assemble (be bothered) with those we do.

As usual, it's not a race issue. Thats just the excuse. It's a power-and-control issue.

AND, the simple fact is, the main "modern" sentiment behind that flag they hate so much...is resistance and rebellion to exactly what they are trying to do. REBEL, not racist, ya idjits.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The people who are charged with charting the course of conduct and commerce for the Country Music Association (CMA) and NASCAR made these decisions as the executives and mangers of private enterprises, as is their prerogative,. CMA and NASCAR not public institutions. They're not agencies of government at any level, be it national, state, county or municipal.

If certain online "randos" (that would be two or more random people, as distinct from just one random person or "rando") don't like what CMA and NASCAR have decided about this, then it's on them to withhold or discontinue any patronage forCMA and NASCAR and it's on them to not show up at CMA or NASCAR-sponsored events.

Any ambitious rando or group of randos is free to start their own country music or stock car racing enterprise. They just won't be able to brand it as "CMA" or "NASCAR."

"Randos don't make the rules."

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2022 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are correct they are closed entrance private functions, and have the right to ban whatever they want.

"Rando's" have the right to spend their money elsewhere and in the long run, the money talks.

HOWEVER, if not for actions on PUBLIC property with PUBLIC money and "Wokoe's" terrorizing (yes, economic terrorism is a crime) private industry (and private people) with their "cancel culture" and riots, the issue wouldn't exist in the 1st place.

The traditional fan-base of Rando's would continue to be profitable, the Wokoe's would continue to be welcome if they wanted or stay away of their own accord if they wanted, and the "cheering section" for their genocidal demise would probably be a lot smaller.

But they juuuussstttttt aren't smart enough to figure that out. They are too busy "changing and ruling the world" right into total destruction. They don't seem to realize the only thing they rule is in their hand when they take a pizz.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hahah... it doesn't change the fact that they belonged to the Democrats back in the day!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2022 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hahah... it doesn't change the fact that they belonged to the Democrats back in the day!

Doesnt change how mental they go if "we" try to ban and/or take down BLM and Pride flags...

But that different I guess.

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2022 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What "they" and what "day"..? A day during the Civil War? The "dudes" with the Confederate flags and garb at the Capitol Building on Jan. 6 (in the photos that I posted) don't look that old.

Or would that be a more recent day? A day when there were pro-segregation or anti-civil rights Democrats in the South or "Dixiecrats"..? In the time before white Southerners realigned themselves with the Republican Party, when the Nixon-era "Southern strategy" for the Republican Party became manifest?

Nor do I think they're that old.

I'm mostly mystified by the logic or implication of Todd's remark.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-28-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2022 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Randos of the Internet, Unite! You have nothing to lose but your uniformly flat probability distribution!

(I guess it needs a little work.)

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-28-2022).]

Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2022 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bravo!

If our society still had the capacity for civil conversation, I would like to know WHY people want to wear or display the flag in a context such as this. Are they proud of how the Southern states stood up to Northern/Federal overreach and meddling? Are they proud of how the smaller, ill-supplied Confederate army ran rings around Federal forces (more or less), at least up until Gettysburg? Are they longing for the 'good old days' of Slavery, when people were property that could be bought or sold and beaten at will? If I had to guess, I'd imagine that in 2022 there are relatively few people falling into the last category. If we understood what they are trying to express, then perhaps some mutually agreeable outlet could be found for these venues. I don't agree with our modern propensity for removing/canceling/deleting history that makes someone else uncomfortable. Let's reach an understanding instead. (Polyanna anyone?)
slicknick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2022 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slicknickSend a Private Message to slicknickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

If our society still had the capacity for civil conversation, I would like to know WHY people want to wear or display the flag in a context such as this. Are they proud of how the Southern states stood up to Northern/Federal overreach and meddling? Are they proud of how the smaller, ill-supplied Confederate army ran rings around Federal forces (more or less), at least up until Gettysburg? Are they longing for the 'good old days' of Slavery, when people were property that could be bought or sold and beaten at will? If I had to guess, I'd imagine that in 2022 there are relatively few people falling into the last category. If we understood what they are trying to express, then perhaps some mutually agreeable outlet could be found for these venues. I don't agree with our modern propensity for removing/canceling/deleting history that makes someone else uncomfortable. Let's reach an understanding instead. (Polyanna anyone?)

Do the same with the swastika now. You might wear one for good luck but yeah, I’m sure people will want to have a sit down with you about the intricacies of your position.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2022 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Because JUST like thousands of symbols over the eons, their symbolism has changed to mean something else.

Cristian cross....image of salvation ? or image of a torture and murder device ?

Why would anyone want to go around displaying a method of brutal execution. ?

Same principal.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2022 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Peoples sensibilities causing censorship is a bad thing.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2022 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not just sensibilities, it's also perspective.

Some see a symbol of racism, slavery and oppression.

Others see a symbol of a fight for freedom and refusal to be ruled or governed.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 07-08-2022).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2022 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Peoples sensibilities see what they want to see, and we are in a society of complainers led by those with an agenda.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2022 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone has an agenda?

Does anyone not have an agenda?

I'm underwhelmed.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2022 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
Peoples sensibilities see what they want to see, and we are in a society of complainers led by those with an agenda.

Not saying this for the sake of irony or being glib, but that strikes me as among the most common and often (depending on context) the most unreasonable complaints that circulate every day online: The complaint that our society is rife with complainers.

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2022 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems to me that if it's legal to burn Old Glory as a sign of protest, then the display of any kind of flag should be tolerated.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2022 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've not seen or heard that the Country Music Association or NASCAR are "OK" with anyone bringing a U.S. flag to any of their events and then setting it on fire.

I've not seen or heard that CMA or NASCAR have expressly forbidden their patrons from U.S. flag burnings, but is that now obligatory on their part, because they have expressly forbidden the display of Confederate flags at their events?

Let's be careful here to distinguish between what is legally permissible in public spaces across the U.S., and what is required by the CMA, NASCAR (etc.) of their patrons. If it's a CMA or NASCAR (etc.) event it's not just a public space.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock