Started on: 06-21-2022 08:27 AM
Replies: 49 (611 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 07-02-2022 11:55 AM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2022 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This CNN article covers the top 4 of perhaps the ~12 that are supposed to be issued in the next two weeks.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06...e-preview/index.html

My thoughts... Rowe vs. Wade will likely be overturned, but I think they will rule in favor of the Democrats (NY, Maine, Biden Administration, respectively) for the other three. I would like to think that their adherence would be strict within Constitutional law (and not saying I know better than they do what that is), and maybe they'll surprise me, but I think the chance of bias is too great.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2022 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope the NY law gets defeated, doesn't really matter, NY government will just implement another restriction to limit firearm rights. Like our new law after Buffalo, the dreaded AOW moniker (all other weapons). As for Roe, I hope the court has been trolling and they let it stand
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2022 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonaduce:

Hope the NY law gets defeated, doesn't really matter, NY government will just implement another restriction to limit firearm rights. Like our new law after Buffalo, the dreaded AOW moniker (all other weapons). As for Roe, I hope the court has been trolling and they let it stand

Hahah... has the court trolled before? I'm thinking the leaked ruling is pretty much a sure thing... I only say that because they set up barricades around the Supreme Court building... which they would be unlikely to do if the ruling was in favor of upholding it.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2022 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

82-T/A [At Work]

22742 posts
Member since Aug 2002
So, they voted against Maine and for religious liberty, so I'm wrong already, haha.
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2022 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

So, they voted against Maine and for religious liberty, so I'm wrong already, haha.

I dont see a problem with religious liberty...

So long as it is applied to all of them equally...

And none of them bother me. MY liberty is actually....."no"...I dont care, not eating fish-fridays and going to enjoy my bacon...

Better yet, ship them all (equally) to the middle east and tier "holey lands", nuke the **** out of the place...shoot any survivors

And we can finally enjoy some peace and quiet.

(oh ya...**** Allah. **** Mohamed, and just STFU and stop bothering us....I live in an Islam-free zone)

<edit>

As for the bible-belt, as I just got reminded....**** off....your gawd, not mine. Not really interested in if you like it or not.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 06-21-2022).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2022 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I suppose one could look at it like that but, that's not the way I read it. Maine decided to send money to public and private schools but denied that money to religious schools due to the tie in to religion. Thus denying those students the same money (opportunity) that all other schools got for student's education. It appears to me to be more of a win for the student's education versus a victory for religion but, that's just my take on it.

While I've always been an advocate for public schools, I don't think students should have less just because they attend a certain school over another.
But, I also acknowledge that it's the choice of the parents (in most cases) to send their kids to specific schools. But, isn't that the same argument that allowed kids to cross school/government boundaries in order to cancel some racial issues of poorer schools and a right to a better education at a better school?

It's a deep subject and the water at the bottom is cold. Just ask the well digger.

------------------
Rams

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun.........

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2022 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I suppose one could look at it like that but, that's not the way I read it. Maine decided to send money to public and private schools but denied that money to religious schools due to the tie in to religion. Thus denying those students the same money (opportunity) that all other schools got for student's education. It appears to me to be more of a win for the student's education versus a victory for religion but, that's just my take on it.

While I've always been an advocate for public schools, I don't think students should have less just because they attend a certain school over another.
But, I also acknowledge that it's the choice of the parents (in most cases) to send their kids to specific schools. But, isn't that the same argument that allowed kids to cross school/government boundaries in order to cancel some racial issues of poorer schools and a right to a better education at a better school?

It's a deep subject and the water at the bottom is cold. Just ask the well digger.

Hah, yeah... I agree, I was saying that my "guesses" were wrong. But I support that ruling, and I'll have to be OK with it too... even if it ends up supporting a religion I'm not particularly fond of at some point in the future.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2022 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a follow up, this popped up this morning on the question of religous schools receiving tax payer funding.

Oklahoma lawmakers respond to SCOTUS ruling on public funds for religious schools

https://www.msn.com/en-us/n...45ee8223d0cd06a02f86

The Supreme Court strikes down Maine's ban on using public funds for religious schools which could ease religious organizations access to taxpayer money.

Fox 25 looked into what this ruling means for Oklahoma's parents and students.

Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts says states don't have to allow public money to be used in private education, but if they do, they cannot keep religious schools out of the program.

This opinion could lead to a renewed push for school choice programs in states that have not directed taxpayer money to private, religious education, like Oklahoma.

Earlier this year, Oklahoma's controversial voucher bill ended up stalling in the legislature.

It would have allowed nearly $120 million in tax money to fund private education.

Tuesday's Supreme Court ruling stirred up reaction again with other state leaders.

Governor Kevin Stitt tweeted, "Huge win for parents, school choice and religious freedom!"

Both Attorney General John O'Conner and Senator James Lankford agreed with Stitt.

Lankford says "Once again, the court has reaffirmed that in America we don't just have the freedom of worship. We have the freedom to live our faith at work, home, school and in public."

Oklahoma House Dems responded by saying this ruling doesn't impact Oklahoma but highlights a trend of weakening laws allowing public money to go to private and religious schools.

In response to the decision, Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer wrote the dissent, arguing the court selectively applied clauses of the first amendment.

IMHO, the underlined/bolded comment by Justice Roberts says it all. States don't have to fund private schools but, if they do, they can not shut out religious schools. I think that's the fair and correct answer. That's not to suggest I think the taxpayer should be funding private schools but, what's good for the goose is also good for the gander. Chief Justice Roberts and the Conservative majority of SCOTUS got this one right.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 06-22-2022).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2022 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
god boys want to steal tax money to support their fairytale

and want to tell you they are moral while taking your taxes for their cult

wonder if the moslem school will also get funding ?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2022 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check out the 2A decision that just came down!
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2022 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I've never been so happy about being wrong!
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2022 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

god boys want to steal tax money to support their fairytale

and want to tell you they are moral while taking your taxes for their cult

wonder if the moslem school will also get funding ?

Any school that meets the criteria to qualify should qualify.
Why would that even be questioned?

While it may be too late, taking a break from that kool aid might be a good thing.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 06-23-2022).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2022 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Separation of Church and State has been bastardized over the decades to mean something it was NEVER intended to mean by our Founders.

It was clearly meant to prevent the Federal government from establishing a State sponsored religion, not to exclude religion from government.

Guess who bastardized the very clear intent of the words....
Cheeper2keeper

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2022 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheeper2keeperSend a Private Message to Cheeper2keeperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A nice tribute on Justice Thomas' birthday today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTICE THOMAS
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2022 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wonder how many kids is the right to keep and bear arms worth

save the guns

shoot the schools
fund religious schools

but no abortions

prey for the god of guns
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

save the guns

shoot the schools
fund religious schools

but no abortions

prey for the god of guns

I get it, I do... and school shootings really upset me.

It's not like I haven't worked through how this works in my head. At the end of the day, I fear a government that has no limits more than I do a few Zoom-generation kids that need psychological help. We can fix the kids... we can try to solve that problem by REALLY trying to determine why mental illness has gone up exponentially in the past 20-30 years. But once the general populace no longer has guns, there's nothing that will get that back. Look, I like the government, I think it serves a very important need. But our Constitution intentionally created a careful balance to ensure that the government is always subservient to the people. And when you eliminate the second amendment, all the other amendments will fall because the Government (e.g. the politicians) knows there is no longer a recourse.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Strap on your helmets, boys...it be done.

It is going to be an interesting weekend.

https://thehill.com/regulat...kes-down-roe-v-wade/

The Supreme Court has struck down Roe v. Wade, eliminating the nearly 50-year-old constitutional right to abortion and handing states authority to drastically limit or ban the procedure.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 06-24-2022).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LYNCH UNCLE TOM

THEN PACK THE COURT

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LYNCH UNCLE TOM

THEN PACK THE COURT

Urine idiot
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
abort the rumps court

is lying to congress an impeachable offense ?
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12537 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by blackrams:

Any school that meets the criteria to qualify should qualify.
Why would that even be questioned?

While it may be too late, taking a break from that kool aid might be a good thing.

Rams

you know the church /cult was the ones passing out the koolaid
those are the very people or david K the wacko in waco I doNOT want taxes funding

DO YOU ?
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone remember that Led Zeppelin classic?

https://youtu.be/LzGBQerkvWs
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

save the guns

shoot the schools
fund religious schools

but no abortions

prey for the god of guns

OK, following the above train of thought, ray b wants to save the kids in school but abort/kill the kids in the womb............ Hmm, some how, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm probably the only one confused by ray b.

Rams
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
" I'm probably the only one confused by ray b. "

+ 1 and counting
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
please keep it up

never question any part of your dogma

I am reminded of a quote about pearl harbor

''awakened an implacable enemy filled with a terrible resolve ''

you don't know what is it do you MR JONES

I think you guys are going the way of the wigs fade in to history

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2022 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

please keep it up

never question any part of your dogma

I am reminded of a quote about pearl harbor

''awakened an implacable enemy filled with a terrible resolve ''

you don't know what is it do you MR JONES

I think you guys are going the way of the wigs fade in to history

The Whigs turned INTO the Republican party. If the Republican party turns into something even more awesome, I'm ok with that.

Frankly, if the Democrats tomorrow said that they were all for the Constitution, started cutting military waste, curbing welfare for only people who really needed it, and healthy grown-ass men need not apply, then I'd start voting Democrat again.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2022 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Whigs turned INTO the Republican party. If the Republican party turns into something even more awesome, I'm ok with that.

Frankly, if the Democrats tomorrow said that they were all for the Constitution, started cutting military waste, curbing welfare for only people who really needed it, and healthy grown-ass men need not apply, then I'd start voting Democrat again.

Frankly, if the Democrats tomorrow said that they were all for the Constitution, started cutting military waste, curbing welfare for only people who really needed it, and healthy grown-ass men need not apply, then I'd just figure they came up with a new scam.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2022 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Anyone remember that Led Zeppelin classic?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2022 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams: I'm probably the only one confused by ray b.

Rams

We all are !
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2022 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK! Two more SCOTUS decisions slated for today...

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court is set on Thursday to issue its final two rulings of its current term, one on federal agency power to tackle climate change and the other on President Joe Biden's ability to end a hardline immigration policy begun under his predecessor Donald Trump."

My thoughts:

1 - CLIMATE CHANGE: The Supreme Court will likely limit the ability for the EPA to impost certain restrictions. I believe there is nothing in the U.S. Constitution that inherently allows Federal agencies to wield the powers that they do. I don't know, but nothing stands out to me. I do know that Federal agencies are generally not allowed to MAKE LAW, but they are allowed to enforce law which has already passed the legislature. A good example of this is the final ruling in the case of LabMD and the FTC. The courts ultimately ruled that the FTC had not defined certain requirements clearly, and were therefore not in legal standing to impose fines. So I think the Supreme Court will rule against the EPA.

2 - IMMIGRATION POLICY: Again, I don't know the specifics, but it seems to me it's looking to address whether or not a previous executive order by President Trump, can be upheld while Biden is president. For one, there is nothing in the Constitution that defines what an "executive order" is, or even that it's something that exists. The very first executive order was from Abraham Lincoln, and for the most part, it respected the authority of the President's duty to "execute laws." The goal was always that executive orders had to deal with the U.S. Government, and engagement with the U.S. Government. So it's become a "standard" if you will, that has never formally been challenged. Unless I'm mistaken, there's no ruling that ensures executive orders from prior presidents have any authority should the next president decide to rescind that. The executive orders will always remain until replaced, but again... that's what Biden has attempted to do. I think the Supreme Court will rule in favor of President Biden.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2022 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Correct on #2.
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2022 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Correct on #1, I've redeemed myself.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2022 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My thoughts:

I am pleased with the decision regarding the EPA. I have long held that the federal regulatory bodies have been allowed far to much power. To me, this is one of the biggest problems in the US government. They do not answer to anyone (except well heeled lobbyists). They need to be reined in.

Regarding "remain in Mexico", although I am disappointed with what will be the result of the decision, I actually agree with the basis of the decision. Border security is another major issue to me, and one of the reasons I was impressed by Trump. This decision gives Biden the power to continue to screw things up.

So, both of these decisions addressed issues that are important to me and both were correct.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 06-30-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2022 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My thoughts (which really dont matter, since I dont live south of the border anymore)

Ya are all a bunch of idiot pussies...Deferring and asking permission for the rights enshrined in the very idea, and with no understanding of what the original idea of telling the crown to **** off was...Ya replaced the queens jackboot thugs with your own jackboot thugs.

Please, government, can I have a cigarette ? I give you 10 dollah.....Please government, can I have a job ? I give you 30%....Please, government, can i...can I can I can I...

Please government, can I speak ?

Free men dont ask permission.....and they sure as hell dont apologize or defer.

I'm not seeing any freedom at all.

Please massah, can I have a gun ? What kind am I allowed ?

I'm seeing exactly what got thrown out in the 1st place, except worse.

I think I'll go puke now.

Slavery never ended, you idiots....they just distracted you while building a 50-foot dildo to **** you up the ass.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 06-30-2022).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2022 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Randos of the Internet, Unite!"
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2022 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rinsey....

I like you.

I'll piss on you last.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2022 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The Separation of Church and State has been bastardized over the decades to mean something it was NEVER intended to mean by our Founders.

It was clearly meant to prevent the Federal government from establishing a State sponsored religion, not to exclude religion from government.

Guess who bastardized the very clear intent of the words....

Fine.....The when the muzzies have government control through sheer breeding....

Sorry 'bout your luck but you now live in a Calif....(Didnt think that far ahead, did ya ?)

That sheet works both ways in government, and the camel jockeys have the take-over well planed.

But, you dont want to exclude Allah (or SAAATTTAAANNN, or Spaghetti-Head, or the Great Pumkin,,,from government.)

WONDERFUL.

Cthulhu and the old ones will be in touch shortly to assume their proper governmental roll. Thank you for your help. You can now die and be eaten.

Unless ya mean the church and xtians should govern.....Thats been tried. Nobody ever expects the church and the inquisition,

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 06-30-2022).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2022 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Religious affiliation of Canadian residents in 2011

A bar graph for Canada. The most recent data available online. From left to right, Christians, then "no religious afflilation", and the third bar from the left: Muslims.

Statista
https://www.statista.com/st...-canadian-residents/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-30-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2022 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Religious affiliation of Canadian residents in 2011

A bar graph for Canada. The most recent data available online. From left to right, Christians, then "no religious afflilation", and the third bar from the left: Muslims.

Statista
https://www.statista.com/st...-canadian-residents/

Rinsey...Buddy.....DUDE....

What exactly does a demographics chart have to do with ....just about anything ???

Goody, you found a representative chart of the population...

Get you a gold star, popsicle and smiley sticker for that one....
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2022 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My thoughts:

I am pleased with the decision regarding the EPA. I have long held that the federal regulatory bodies have been allowed far to much power. To me, this is one of the biggest problems in the US government. They do not answer to anyone (except well heeled lobbyists). They need to be reined in.

Regarding "remain in Mexico", although I am disappointed with what will be the result of the decision, I actually agree with the basis of the decision. Border security is another major issue to me, and one of the reasons I was impressed by Trump. This decision gives Biden the power to continue to screw things up.

So, both of these decisions addressed issues that are important to me and both were correct.

I agree on both fronts, and as you said about the EPA ruling, I think this really puts into perspective the actual authority (and lack there of) of the federal agencies. In my opinion, this could very well be the most significant ruling from the entire SCOTUS session. This will have FAR-reaching implications on what these agencies can and cannot do.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock