Started on: 05-09-2022 12:08 AM
Replies: 11 (138 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 05-10-2022 01:41 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know 4 unvaxxed folks that got over it in 1-2 DAYS. Dozens of Vaxxed/boosted folks that took a week (or longer) to "recover".

and 4 people who have had "bad" reactions from the booster. Still suffering effects from it 5-6 Months later. Their PCP says its from the shot.

Know a bunch that had Covid 2 times and said "Just imagine how much worse it would have been if I DIDN'T get Vaccinated?"...

Most folks that had it earlier on got worse (more severe/longer lingering cases, extended period of loss of taste and smell,etc.)

Any of you folks experience anything similar? (shorter duration for "UNvaxxed")

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 05-09-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two dose regimen of Moderna early in 2021. A third Moderna "booster" at the end of 2021. I did not experience any side effects from any of the three shots. As far as I know, I have never been infected with a Covid variant, or if so, remained asymptomatic. I have never been tested for genetic evidence of Covid infection (PCR test) and I have never had any of the other, antigen kinds of tests.

As far as the precautions that I've taken, from the day the pandemic was declared, all the way to this day... not much. I wore face masks where and when they were required. I used hand sanitizer upon returning home from anywhere I'd been, early on in the pandemic, but I've long become lax about that.

I wore face masks of the disposable or limited use varieties. The simple surgical mask. Then I went to KN95 or N95, but not with the two straps that go over your head and all the way around your scalp and neck. Just used models with ear loops, which (according to Dr "Zeke" Emanuel) are only second best. And I kept wearing the same mask(s), day after day, until I thought they were soiled or visibly degraded in some way.

I haven't gone through a lot of masks. Hardly any, really.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-09-2022).]

Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've only known 1 person personally that got covid and she was vaxxed and boosted. Tested positive and sent home for 5 days. Only had a little cough and fever. No lingering effects.

Synthesis had it early on. Maybe he could speak to the effects here.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

I've only known 1 person personally that got covid and she was vaxxed and boosted. Tested positive and sent home for 5 days. Only had a little cough and fever. No lingering effects.

Actually, Synthesis already has. At considerable length. It could be looked up with the forum's search function.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Synthesis spoke about his experience with COVID several months ago here, and was unmercilessly ridiculed for it by the usual suspects. I doubt he'll wish to put himself through that nonsense again.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

I know 4 unvaxxed folks that kicked it in 1-2 DAYS. Dozens of Vaxxed/boosted folks that took a week (or longer) to "recover".

and 4 people who have had "bad" reactions from the booster. Still suffering effects from it 5-6 Months later. Their PCP says its from the shot.

Know a bunch that had Covid 2 times and said "Just imagine how much worse it would have been if I DIDN'T get Vaccinated?"...

Any of you folks experience anything similar? (shorter duration for "UNvaxxed")

Kicked it as in... the bucket, or got over it?

I had COVID twice.

First time, it was January of 2020, and I was in Afghanistan... there was no vaccine, and we had only recently started hearing about it. I was on one of the last flights back into the US before they started doing the quarantines and restrictions.

Then I got vaccinated in February / March of 2021

Second time I got COVID was in July of 2021.

There was literally no difference for me between being vaccinated and being unvaccinated. I would say that I likely did get OVER COVID a little bit quicker the second time, but the symptoms were worse.

I've also felt / had a lot of weird medical issues ~6 months after being vaccinated... but it could also be lasting effects from COVID too. I really don't know, but I've never felt so unhealthy in my life as I do right now.
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had two shots and one boost and will get the booster boost in the fall. Never felt better. Had a reaction with the booster but also got the flu shot at the same time. I know of non-vaxed who got covid and never felt a thing and un-vaxed who got covid and died, painfully. Some had other health issues, some didn't.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Kicked it as in... the bucket, or got over it?

Sorry for the confusion - "got over it."
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had the original version in jan 2020 just before it was officially here
FUN LIVING IN A MAJOR TOURIST SPOT

it was bad if I had know how bad I would have gone to the hospital
but at that point they were still talking about military base Quarantine
I was sick in bed 2 weeks strait with very bad body aches
loss 25 lbs off a 150+ start 127 end weight
way worse then the flu I never lost that much weight BEFORE
before vax or any real treatments were known SO DID NOTHING

got the two shots feb march 2021
and second infection likely the ''D'' version summer 2021
much less ill far quicker recovery 4 days total no weight loss

THE VAX WORKS

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2022 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been "under the weather" for just over a week now. 1st few days were body aches, the squirts, nagging headache and hacking up a lung or 3 every few minutes. Started last Friday. Worst was done by Wed-Thursday and now I am down to a bad version of "smokers cough" which I don't usually have.

All-in-all, no worse than a mild-medium flu bug.

Interesting part is, Kim had to get vaxxed for her volunteer job (I'm pure-blood ) and my symptoms started a couple-3 days after her second shot. Shedding ?
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2022 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My youngest son and I were talking a short time ago about how we both seem more tired than usual. We realized that we noticed it shortly after we were vaxxed. Coincidence? IDK
My oldest got covid several months ago. He already had the shots. Said it was like a bad case of the flu.

Marc
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2022 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have had the omicron variant earlier in the year, and last year another variant.
Don't know, didn't go get tested. Stayed home because I wasn't well, which is what I've always done, even before the COVID stuff.
Not vaccinated for COVID, flu,shingles, pneumonia.
First time may have been a 24 hour flu, slight fever was all.
Second time had a mild fever for a day and a half, slight headache for a week or so. Low energy, brain fog for longer than I wanted.
Back to normal now with antibodies for whatever it was.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock