Started on: 05-03-2022 07:52 PM
Replies: 9 (146 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 05-04-2022 12:16 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2022 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2022 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The problem is the lack of masculinity, or more specifically the lack of stable, well balanced, respectable male role models for children.

LBJ’s “Great Society” was a weapon of mass destruction against the nuclear family. The shockwaves still ripple through society.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2022 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

stable, well balanced, respectable male .

Well, NOW ya gone and took all the fun out of being a guy !!!!!

<sigh>

I guess I can pretend. If I haaaavvvvveeeee to.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2022 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In thirty years, the left has gone from "It takes a village" to "It takes the Village People".
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2022 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny you mention that....

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2022 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In thirty years, the left has gone from "It takes a village" to "It takes the Village People".

There were no men in Hillary's "village".

There were no traditional, nuclear, father & mother, families either.
"It Takes A Village Idiot" was her Marxist paean to big government collective ownership, political & social indoctrination and raising of other people's children.

Coincidentally the OP's article says:

"Mass Shootings and Masculinity, drafted by two University of California sociologists, told the commissioners that mass shootings are inherently “enactments of masculinity,” and that in addition to curbing gun ownership, governments must pursue “cultural change.”

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-04-2022).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2022 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Oh, boy.

How do they even come up with that? How is buying a gun have to do with masculinity?

People have wants and desires. The Democrats just don't get it... the more you tell people they can't have guns, the MORE they're going to want them.

Literally, if liberals never mentioned guns again for the next decade, there would be a substantial drop in gun ownership because people would just stop caring, because they wouldn't feel like it was being threatened.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2022 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

How do they even come up with that? How is buying a gun have to do with masculinity?

In my opinion, the left misunderstands masculinity and they misunderstand why people own guns.
They believe that domination is a primary masculine trait and that guns are a tool of domination.

However, someone will come along shortly to tell me that it is azure.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2022 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19334 posts
Member since Mar 2009
This is why they want absolute power. If they can dominate you, they feel manly. Yes, Hillary, too.

If they take away your guns, you cannot take away their masculinity.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2022 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In my opinion, the left misunderstands masculinity and they misunderstand why people own guns They believe that domination is a primary masculine trait and that guns are a tool of domination.

However, someone will come along shortly to tell me that it is azure.

Are you azure about that?

That would be amazing, considering that (and I'm quoting from Geology "dot" com) "Azurite is a copper carbonate hydroxide mineral with a chemical composition of Cu3(CO3)2(OH)2. It is best known for its characteristic deep blue to violet-blue color. The blue color, known as 'azure,' is like the deep blue evening skies often seen above deserts and winter landscapes."

Furthermore, it's commonly known that "Azurite is not a common or abundant mineral, but it is beautiful and its blue color attracts attention. It has been used by people in many parts of the world for thousands of years. Ancient people used it as an ore of copper, as a pigment, as a gemstone, and as an ornamental stone. It is still used for all of these purposes today."

That's really out of the blue. As they used to say during the "Beat" era and the early 1960s, "Hey, I can dig it." But who's really all that self-azured anymore, in this far more ambiguous world? That's as far as my thinking takes me on this facet of the discussion.

Mineralogy 101: the characteristically blue "azure" color of azurite.

Maybe "williegoat" was trying to say that it's azure thing? Or he was looking for closure and found azure instead?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-04-2022).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock