Started on: 05-03-2022 10:13 AM
Replies: 9 (128 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 05-05-2022 11:28 AM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2022 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the potential overturning of Rowe v. Wade... I've gotten so many e-mails from my friends, many of whom have been losing their mind.

I'm somewhat of the impression that this has much less to do with the law being overturned, and much more to do with a "side" perceiving a loss.

Is anyone else noticing this? Half the people who seem to be up in arms would never be affected by this and never expressed concern before, but are losing their **** because (at least in my opinion) it seems like their "side" is losing.

Obviously, the Supreme Court isn't saying here in this draft that they think abortion is right or wrong, they are simply stating that the Supreme Court does not have the authority to make laws, and that there is no law respecting the right for or against abortion. Literally, Rowe V. Wade passed on the concept of "right of privacy," ... it was literally the catalyst for the Privacy Act of 1974, which Nixon pushed for in his State of the Union address following the supreme court decision (ironically enough). But all this means is that it goes back to the states, because there's no existing Federal law for or against.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2022 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the majority does not like it when the nut -con cult trys to CON-TROLL OUR NATION

the dark side is so sure and impressed with it's self that it does not notice
it is a shrinking and shrieking cult that makes far more noise then the real numbers of votes

they are less then 30% of our citizens who are going to get beat down bad in nov 22
they just gave the MAJORITY A NEW CAUSE to throw out the nut con

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2022 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

the majority does not like it when the nut -con cult trys to CON-TROLL OUR NATION

But this draft decision is the exact opposite of that. They are not trying to control the population, they are literally saying there's no law establishing the precedence. That... it goes back to the states, so the states can now determine the laws for themselves ... BECAUSE there's no Federal law upholding or banning abortion.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2022 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I've read this morning, it seems the left is butt-hurt because they feel like some kind of protection has been removed.

They have no interest in individual states deciding anything, they wanted global protection with all the force of the United States Government, and are now

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 05-03-2022).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2022 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Molly Hemingway has a good article about this in the Federalist.
You can read it at Real Clear Politics.

https://thefederalist.com/2...nsurrection-attempt/

rayb, I agree with you to some extent - the Warren Court overreached when they decided Roe v Wade.
A classic case of the courts making laws instead of interpreting laws passed by the Legislative Branch.

But, you may not understand the comparison.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2022 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

But this draft decision is the exact opposite of that. They are not trying to control the population, they are literally saying there's no law establishing the precedence. That... it goes back to the states, so the states can now determine the laws for themselves ... BECAUSE there's no Federal law upholding or banning abortion.

AGREE IT WAS A BACKWARD WAY TO DO IT

but allowing the religious right to make the rules will never produce a good result long term

and while each state being allowed to make very different laws was ok in 1800 when few could or would travel
vs today where one can be a 5 states in 5 days each with insanely different rules laws and customs is for a time gone by
we need sane laws based on facts nor fairytails far more uniform and less arbitrary in the UNITED states OF AMERICA

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2022 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AGREE IT WAS A BACKWARD WAY TO DO IT

but allowing the religious right to make the rules will never produce a good result long term

and while each state being allowed to make very different laws was ok in 1800 when few could or would travel
vs today where one can be a 5 states in 5 days each with insanely different rules laws and customs is for a time gone by
we need sane laws based on facts nor fairytails far more uniform and less arbitrary in the UNITED states OF AMERICA

Once everyone is driving electric cars there wont be so many people going to other states
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2022 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...while each state being allowed to make very different laws was ok in 1800 when few could or would travel
vs today where one can be a 5 states in 5 days each with insanely different rules laws and customs is for a time gone by...

I will never be able to agree with you on this.

The whole foundation of our Constitution is as a Republic... that California can't force Nebraska to do what it wants, any more than Florida can force Maine to do what it wants. There is a reason why this system of Government was set up, and it's AS valuable today, as it was in 1800. I could not disagree with you more on this Ray.
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2022 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
The whole foundation of our Constitution is as a Republic... that California can't force Nebraska to do what it wants, any more than Florida can force Maine to do what it wants. There is a reason why this system of Government was set up, and it's AS valuable today, as it was in 1800. I could not disagree with you more on this Ray.

We had a whole war over this. It was "preserve the Union" versus "states rights." If I recall, the Union won.

IF this will be the Court's decision, it just means they're tired of dealing with this, and want to kick the ball out of their court.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2022 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

We had a whole war over this. It was "preserve the Union" versus "states rights." If I recall, the Union won.

IF this will be the Court's decision, it just means they're tired of dealing with this, and want to kick the ball out of their court.

There was much more to the Civil War than just States v Federalism.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock