$80 billion worth handed out by 2.5
Started on: 04-21-2022 08:53 AM
Replies: 72 (829 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 11-20-2023 06:02 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2022 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Among the $80 billion worth of high-tech weaponry Joe Biden gifted to the Taliban after his inept and deadly Afghanistan withdraw were 176 artillery pieces, 64,363 belt-fed machine guns, 126,295 handguns and of course 358,530 select-fire assault weapons – real assault weapons.

Most of the assault rifles were equipped with high-end optics. Many had IR lasers, which aren’t much good without night-vision gear. However, Biden left behind 16,035 sets of NVGs.

The small arms were accompanied by 23,132 armored vehicles, both tracked and wheeled, 8,000 cargo trucks, 42,000 pickups and SUVs, 109 helicopters and 65 fixed-wing aircraft, including four C-130s.

Of course, the highest price we paid for Biden’s Afghan retreat wasn’t guns or gear. It was the loss of 13 brave service members who were killed during the final days of the evacuation. Biden honored their sacrifice by fidgeting and checking his watch each time one of their caskets was carried past him on the tarmac of Dover AFB.

Joe Biden created the largest and the most heavily armed terrorist army the world has ever seen. It is only a matter of time before the Taliban projects the force he gave them beyond Afghanistan’s borders. They don’t appear to be in any hurry. Afghans have always played the long game with all things international.

Since the Afghan evac, the Biden-Harris administration has lurched and stumbled from one disaster to another, but they’re happy no one is looking back. We might notice their hypocrisy, which is off the charts. In fact, the Biden-Harris administration has redefined hypocrisy.

To be clear, after he armed foreign terrorists, Joe Biden now wants to disarm American citizens. He wants to ban homemade firearms, even though Americans have been making guns in their homes since before there was a United States of America.

Biden and his millennial handlers are worried more about Americans with 80% Glock-ish frames than they are blood-thirsty foreign terrorists with 100% M4s.

I’m sorry, but no one who supplied arms to terrorists is going to tell me what type of arms I may or may not own, and if I want to build one myself, so be it. It is no one’s business but mine. Besides, Biden’s ban on homemade guns is based on data that ATF cannot verify, and statistics the Justice Department disavowed. It is an infringement, pure and simple, just the latest battle in Biden’s war on our gun rights – a war that’s raging.

Last week, Biden named Steve Dettelbach as his second choice to fill the vacant ATF directorship. Dettelbach is an anti-gun extremist who supports bans on private firearm sales, “assault weapons” and standard-capacity magazines. My thoughts on Mr. Dettelbach are thus – if he’s such an accomplished gun grabber, maybe Joe should send him to Kabul, where there are plenty of guns for him to grab, all bought and paid for with American taxpayer dollars.

Don’t think for a second Biden has pivoted solely to homemade guns. He reaffirmed his true intent last week during a press conference in the Rose Garden:

“We need Congress to pass universal background checks. Universal background checks. And I know it’s controversial, but I got it done once: Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines,” Biden said.

He is right about that. Unconstitutional bans and infringements are certainly controversial – about as controversial as arming foreign terrorists who have already spilled American blood."

http://www.thegunmag.com/bi...w-abiding-americans/

Makes ya wonder.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
WonderBoy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2022 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brandon is a living rotten Easter Egg.
  • The Holiday type
  • And the 'Hidden' Agenda type.

However when one discovers the second type, it brings the player/voter to a whole 'New Level' of stupid.

[This message has been edited by WonderBoy (edited 04-21-2022).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2022 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Claim: The U.S. left the Taliban an “arsenal” in Afghanistan, including 358,530 assault rifles and 22,174 Humvees.

A viral image claims that the U.S. left the Taliban an "arsenal" in Afghanistan, including 358,530 assault rifles and 22,174 Humvees.

An unknown amount of usable military weaponry and equipment was left behind following the U.S. departure from Afghanistan, but no accounting has been made. Figures cited in the image are dated, including some that count weapons or equipment that was brought to Afghanistan over more than a decade. The post [claim] contains an element of truth, but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression.

We rate [this as] "Mostly False."

That was the end of a fairly brief "fact check" style report from the Poynter Institute's "POLITIFACT" from September 1, 2021. After the text itself, sources and other Internet page links.

https://www.politifact.com/...ns-equipment-us-lef/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-21-2022).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2022 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
However, it is very true that the withdrawal from Afghanistan was poorly implemented and massive amounts of equipment, American citizens and special interest people were left behind.
And servicemen died needlessly.

You're trying to polish a huge turd.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2022 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a conflation of two things—the military withdrawal from Afghanistan, and the laws and policies that affect private gun sales and ownership in the United States—that have nothing to do with one another.

To make sense of the Original Post (from 2.5), ignore everything that's in it about Afghanistan and focus on what remains.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2022 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, it's a story of how an inept administration works and contrasting the two actions speak volumes. They cannot be trusted in Afghanistan, they cannot be trusted at home.

There is only one reason Biden is attempting this maneuver and that is gun confiscation. You can't confiscate what you don't know exists. It's just the early steps. More will follow.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2022 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone that still think the actions of the current Administration and Congressional leaders is ineptitude, is sadly mistaken.

Their actions are intentionally designed to overthrow this country from within.

They are traitors.

I don't care if you agree or disagree with my evaluation of current events.

Although, if you support these anti-American traitors you should hang beside them.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-22-2022).]

WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2022 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
That was the end of a fairly brief "fact check" style report from the Poynter Institute's "POLITIFACT" from September 1, 2021. After the text itself, sources and other Internet page links.

https://www.politifact.com/...ns-equipment-us-lef/

You, like PolitiFLAK, must be on George Soros' pay roll. Always ready to ignore "critical facts that would give a different impression" of what you want the world to see. This is why new TAX laws need to be written for NGO👉NGO👉NGO👉NGO👉NGO money shuffling/transferring/LAUNDERING. And those who pry, the Soros School of Journalism entities along with the ADL starts their unjustified smears.
"Racist!"
"Bigot!"
"Antisemite!"
"Homophobe!"
"Sexist!"

George Soros most likely has a hidden stake in P&G since he's sooo Mr. Clean.

Let me guess, of ALL the images I've seen after the withdrawal of Taliban in possession of and using:
  • Nice US military vehicles
  • Nice US rifles/weapons
  • Nice US military clothing
  • Nice US body armor

They must have snuck over the US southern border, went to Saigon Sam's discount military surplus, then brought it all back to Afghanistan.

Notice how rinse hasn't said one thing about the 13 dead... instead of "window chic", I'm sure rinse has a name for them too: "red sand people". Is there not one thing you've said in this forum about those unfortunate souls (RIP)? I don't remember seeing it. Brandon couldn't pay any formal respect either. Must push the narrative. Brandon = "Best Prez Ever! NWO here we come! Now let me go copy & paste crap about nukes to get this world really fired up!"

To make sense of the Original Post (from 2.5), ignore everything that's in it about Afghanistan and focus on what remains.

What remains is the USA has an open border, but TO YOU, that's not a problem. You could give a crap because you KNOW the problems/chaos it causes. You want that. You NEED that cover.

You're obsessed. But not obsessed with that last thread. It's like you drove your ice cream van away from the playground...

[This message has been edited by WonderBoy (edited 04-21-2022).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2022 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need a thread where we just go through, one by one, all the things the left has posted here over the years, and fact check them.

I would be willing to bet it's nearly a 100% failure rate.

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2022 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

We need a thread where we just go through, one by one, all the things the left has posted here over the years, and fact check them.

I would be willing to bet it's nearly a 100% failure rate.

Which coincidentally is also the Pennocks Purveyor Of Perjury's prediction failure rate.

As for "fact checking" the propaganda and bullshit from Leftists, I simplified that never ending task a long time ago:

The truth always eventually comes out and it is NEVER what the Leftist media, (or PFF Leftists), originally told you."
...randye

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-21-2022).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2022 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2022 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

I been poking, tidbits at a time with threads on specific topics over the years. They only seem to last in peoples attention as long as people argue with eachother, but now we have a new thread section maybe things are altered a bit.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2022 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by Hudini:

No, it's a story of how an inept administration works and contrasting the two actions speak volumes. They cannot be trusted in Afghanistan, they cannot be trusted at home.

There is only one reason Biden is attempting this maneuver and that is gun confiscation. You can't confiscate what you don't know exists. It's just the early steps. More will follow.

Exactly.

An unknown amount of usable military weaponry and equipment was left behind following the U.S. departure from Afghanistan

"We can't know... so it must not have been that bad" eh?
Assume the best?

This is a conflation of two things—the military withdrawal from Afghanistan, and the laws and policies that affect private gun sales and ownership in the United States—that have nothing to do with one another.

You don't really get to decide that. There are many things in this world intertwined.
This isn't conflation it is observing and recognizing and discerning relation.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-22-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
You don't really get to decide that. There are many things in this world intertwined. This isn't conflation it is observing and recognizing and discerning relation.

I get to decide that for me. In my eyes, this is just an empty and misleading conflation. Part of this conflation, a puffed up (exaggerated) accounting of the amount of military weapons and equipment abandoned by the U.S. during the final U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan.

The withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan and the issues related to that has no connection, in my eyes, to any logical discussion about private gun ownership in the United States, or any of the laws, policies, procedures, Executive Orders, ideas (and so on) about gun ownership in the United States.

Afghanistan, in this context, is just a deflection and a diversion from any "2A"-related substance.

Others seem to be seeing it differently: that's their privilege.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-23-2022).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are attempting to run interference for an inept administration.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One could also describe this administration as failed, with a capital F.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

One could also describe this administration as failed, with a capital F.

"Failed" is not the first F-word that comes to mind.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also with a capital F.

Unfortunately, it's Americans who are getting F'd, not the government.

At least, not yet....
WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2022 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

<Blah blah blah>

Let's talk about what happened after the 13 service members were needlessly killed. Who did Brandon take his rath out on? That's right. We all know how that turned out.
Brandon:
"'We will hunt you down and make you pay'"
""We will respond with force and precision at our time, at the place we choose and the moment of our choosing"

Pentagon offers payment to Afghanistan family's survivors after botched US airstrike
Curious what they were given (probably went to the Taliban) compared to the families of the fallen soldiers.

With Brandons' admin and it's iNt3ll16ence (he has none), I wouldn't trust them with a damp tissue and a straw.

Yet in another thread, Are Russian nukes as decrepit as their conventional weapons? you post (cut/paste) about 'precision' variable yield nuclear weapons. Weapons to limit civilian casualties. What's your fixation on nuclear weapons? Do you want to see someone start something? A Reichstag moment? A Gulf of Tonkin moment?

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

[This message has been edited by WonderBoy (edited 04-23-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2022 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WonderBoy:
<Blah blah blah>

There was nothing in Trump's four-year presidency that makes me think that the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan and the current state of affairs within and concerning Afghanistan would be "bigly" better if Trump had been elected to a second term in office. Some better, very possibly. But not so "bigly" better as the difference between night and day. There's much that has been published on this topic. I have hardly read any of it. There just isn't time for everything I would like to read up on.

As far as that other topic in this Politics & Religion section, "Are Russian nukes as decrepit as their conventional weapons?", I really like the way that four-page sequence of messages (the "thread", in a word) played out.

I didn't start that topic.

I like the topical part of the discussion, about nuclear weapons. And I like the way I was able to expose and document the foolishness and the malice of a particular forum member who tried to use that thread to breathe his foul breath onto me. "Breathe his foul breath" being a metaphor for what ceaselessly escapes from that particular forum member's keyboard and washes up on this forum, like detritus from a ruptured sewage pipe.

I do have what I believe is a heightened interest in nuclear weapons, compared to most other people. Part of it, my longstanding interest in science and technology. Part of it, my curiosity about history, including the history of World War 2. And now, anxiety. This Russo-Ukraine war has brought the topic of nuclear weapons to the front of a lot of people's minds, including the other forum member who started that topic.

I don't want to see any nuclear weapons being used.

If a full-scale nuclear war were to happen, or even just a half-scale nuclear war, I would not expect to be alive for very long after its outbreak. My fear is not about being killed, in and of itself. It's about how I would die.

I would consider it a blessing to be killed almost instantaneously by a nearby, exploding nuclear weapon—killed so quickly that there would be hardly any time to realize what was happening, or experience physical excruciation. But I also consider that unlikely. I think more likely, a protracted and painful death. Possibly some weeks or months afterwards, by starvation, because of the widespread population losses, damage to all kinds of infrastructure, and the ensuing Nuclear Winter.

At this moment, I think the possibility that the Russo-Ukraine war will spark any kind of nuclear war has diminished, compared to the way it seemed to me maybe a couple of weeks ago. But I will reserve any further speculations of that kind for that other thread "Are Russian nukes..." or some other thread. I don't think it needs to be enlarged any further in this thread.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-25-2022).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2022 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Few people get to pick the time and manner of their death.

Those that sacrifice themselves to save others are the true heroes.

When Death does come knocking, will you be prepared?
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2022 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

The small arms were accompanied by 23,132 armored vehicles, both tracked and wheeled, 8,000 cargo trucks, 42,000 pickups and SUVs, 109 helicopters and 65 fixed-wing aircraft, including four C-130s.

Makes ya wonder.

This is actually "MY" vehicle from my deployment. It was a 2003 or 2004 Chevy Colorado 4-door. There were only two of these on Bagram, and we'd pass each other on Disney road now and then and wave to each other. The two stickers on the windshield were for the two areas that I was permitted to park my car (sites on base). The other Colorado was scheduled for destruction, but it didn't belong to my organization. So there's at worst a 50% chance this is mine, but more than likely this is 100% my vehicle. Mine didn't have a faded front driver's side bumper, but two other people had the car after I returned... so they could have hit something and ordered a replacement.

These were several fleet vehicles that were left / abandoned on the tarmac. The odd thing about it though, they didn't leave the keys in them. Most of the keys were on base when the citizens of the Parwan province flooded in (because we'd abandoned the gates)... and the offices were ransacked, along with most of the keys and stuff being stolen.

There's a good chance there's a Taliban driving around in my Chevy Colorado (taxpayer's car, really), and someone sleeping in my CHU...

EDIT: I didn't take this picture, but I found it while scouring through news reports during the time when the Biden pull-out failure happened.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 04-25-2022).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2022 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There was nothing in Trump's four-year presidency that makes me think that the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan and the current state of affairs within and concerning Afghanistan would be "bigly" better if Trump had been elected to a second term in office. Some better, very possibly. But not so "bigly" better as the difference between night and day. There's much that has been published on this topic. I have hardly read any of it. There just isn't time for everything I would like to read up on.

As far as that other topic in this Politics & Religion section, "Are Russian nukes as decrepit as their conventional weapons?", I really like the way that four-page sequence of messages (the "thread", in a word) played out.

I like the topical part of the discussion, about nuclear weapons. And I like the way I was able to expose and document the foolishness and the malice of a particular forum member who tried to use that thread to breathe his foul breath onto me. "Breathe his foul breath" being a metaphor for what ceaselessly escapes from that particular forum member's keyboard and washes up on this forum, like detritus from a ruptured sewage pipe.

I do have what I believe is a heightened interest in nuclear weapons, compared to most other people. Part of it, my longstanding interest in science and technology. Part of it, my curiosity about history, including the history of World War 2. And now, anxiety. This Russo-Ukraine war has brought the topic of nuclear weapons to the front of a lot of people's minds, including the other forum member who started that topic.

If a full-scale nuclear war were to happen, or even just a half-scale nuclear war, I would not expect to be alive for very long after its outbreak. My fear is not about being killed, in and of itself. It's about how I would die.

I would consider it a blessing to be killed almost instantaneously by a nearby, exploding nuclear weapon—killed so quickly that there would be hardly any time to realize what was happening, or experience physical excruciation. But I also consider that unlikely. I think more likely, a protracted and painful death. Possibly some weeks or months afterwards, by starvation, because of the widespread population losses, damage to all kinds of infrastructure, and the ensuing Nuclear Winter.

At this moment, I think the possibility that the Russo-Ukraine war will spark any kind of nuclear war has diminished, compared to the way it seemed to me maybe a couple of weeks ago. But I will reserve any further speculations of that kind for that other thread "Are Russian nukes..." or some other thread. I don't think it needs to be enlarged any further in this thread.

PAE

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-25-2022).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2022 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I quoted this as it seems to fall under the Moderators definition of a 'personal attack'.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2022 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, that's about as personal as a physical attack (from a distance). Just when I consider coming back in, I see/read this crap.

Rams
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2022 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I just usually ignore his long winded posts, but the highlighted parts caught my eye.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2022 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I quoted this as it seems to fall under the Moderators definition of a 'personal attack'.

I agree.
Just because Rinselberg didn't use profanity doesn't mean it isn't a personal attack on someone's character.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2022 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the bold face type was intended to attract attention, and repeating it twice.....well, seems kinda obvious as to the intent.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2022 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I get to decide that for me. In my eyes, this is just an empty and misleading conflation. ..

that has no connection, in my eyes,..

Others seem to be seeing it differently: that's their privilege.

I understand your point. I'm one of those seeing it differently.

I also consider that on top of handing multiple weapons ditrectly to a threat to US citizens, the Biden administation's intentions on restricting US citizens gun rights flies in the face of the 2nd amendment.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-26-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2022 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you think about some of the illegal gun and other weapons trafficking that's happened in the U.S., where U.S. soldiers and Defense Department inventories have been part of the story, it may not be much of a stretch to think that the guns, ammo and other military gear that the U.S. abandoned in Afghanistan are less of a threat to any ordinary U.S. resident, than if all that "stuff" had been taken from Afghanistan back to the United States.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2022 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never heard those stories, not saying that they are untrue, but I'm sure they would have garnered a lot of attention.

Are you able to provide links showing the extent of this problem?
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2022 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

17904 posts
Member since May 2004
I'm sure the 'stuff' left in Afghanistan and now in the hands of the Taliban, have posed danger to the American citizens that were left in-country by the botched pull-out.

Can you define what an 'ordinary' American citizen is?

Are the stranded American citizens in Afghanistan not ordinary?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2022 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

17904 posts
Member since May 2004
Double post.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-26-2022).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2022 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

17904 posts
Member since May 2004

If you think about some of the illegal gun and other weapons trafficking that's happened in the U.S., where U.S. soldiers and Defense Department inventories have been part of the story, it may not be much of a stretch to think that the guns, ammo and other military gear that the U.S. abandoned in Afghanistan are less of a threat to any ordinary U.S. resident, than if all that "stuff" had been taken from Afghanistan back to the United States.

Saved for posterity.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2022 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WASHINGTON — (AP) — Twelve people, including three U.S. Army soldiers, are accused in a large-scale gun trafficking ring that prosecutors allege supplied nearly 100 guns to gang members in Chicago and led to at least two killings, the Justice Department said Friday.

The soldiers — Demarcus Adams, 21; Jarius Brunson, 22; and Brandon Miller, 22 — were enlisted in the Army and stationed at Fort Campbell in Kentucky, where they would legally purchase guns from local dealers in Tennessee and Kentucky, prosecutors charged. The soldiers are accused of selling them to members of the Gangster Disciples street gang in the Pocket Town neighborhood on Chicago's south side, according to the 21-count indictment.

The indictment charges the group with conspiring to violate federal firearms laws, among other crimes. If convicted, the defendants face up to 20 years in prison.

3 Army soldiers, 9 others accused in gun trafficking ring
Michael Balsamo for WBS-TV 2 Atlanta; April 1, 2022.
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/...QEWCF2NPF6ZLF7343ZI/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-26-2022).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2022 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

3 Army soldiers, 9 others accused in gun trafficking ring
Michael Balsamo for WBS-TV 2 Atlanta; April 1, 2022.
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/...QEWCF2NPF6ZLF7343ZI/

Attempting to do the math here. It would seem that you're relating this crime of guns from TN and KY to be somehow related or a huge % of weapons as compared to what was abandoned in Afghanistan? Even using a very large imagination and stretching several points, not even close. If you're trying to somehow make this a "miliary" offensive weapon scheme, again. Not even close. According to your own article, the accused purchased weapons in KY and TN and transported them north illegally. Nothing in the article indicated they were military weapons.

Personally, I don't care if you're not a fan of DJT. I'm not a fan of him either but, his policies were so much better for the US than the current Idiot and Chief it would be funny if BIden wasn't so dangerous. I won't go into all the bad policies and decisions made by this administration, I don't have that much energy. And, let's not even go into the price of energy. Hell, even the Democrats I know want him out. I can't count the number of Biden voters I know that have expressed buyer's remorse. And, no they were not DJT fans either.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-26-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2022 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's only the most recent such domestic gun trafficking case with a DoD involvement (the soldiers) that I remember. Over the years, a number of other such cases, I believe.

It's awkward when your military ally (Afghanistan National Government) is like a wooden construction plank that looks OK from the outside, but is rotting from the inside. Termites? It looks OK, until it suddenly gives way. Would you want to withdraw the weapons and other equipment that you have stockpiled, when you think the Afghans can still put up a fight, keep the Taliban at bay outside the perimeters of Kabul and Kandahar, and reach some kind of compromise?

There's no good way to lose a war.

I guess there was a scenario where the U.S. military defends Bagram Air Base until the most valuable (and most transportable) stockpiles of U.S.-supplied weapons and other military gear have been recovered and flown back to the U.S., and then, the last act would have been "turning off the lights" at Bagram Air Base. Instead of shutting down Bagram weeks (or months) before the intended end date for the complete withdrawal, which is how it was done.

None of this makes me think to myself "I wish Trump were still President."
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2022 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's only the most recent such domestic gun trafficking case with a DoD involvement (the soldiers) that I remember. Over the years, a number of other such cases, I believe.

It's awkward when your military ally (Afghanistan National Government) is like a wooden construction plank that looks OK from the outside, but is rotting from the inside. Termites? It looks OK, until it suddenly gives way. Would you want to withdraw the weapons and other equipment that you have stockpiled, when you think the Afghans can still put up a fight, keep the Taliban at bay outside the perimeters of Kabul and Kandahar, and reach some kind of compromise?

There's no good way to lose a war.

I guess there was a scenario where the U.S. military defends Bagram Air Base until the most valuable (and most transportable) stockpiles of U.S.-supplied weapons and other military gear have been recovered and flown back to the U.S., and then, the last act would have been "turning off the lights" at Bagram Air Base. Instead of shutting down Bagram weeks (or months) before the intended end date for the complete withdrawal, which is how it was done.

None of this makes me think to myself "I wish Trump were still President."

You do realize the military is simply of the same world we all live in don't you. While the military does have it's own justice system, that doesn't mean every person is an honest (as the day is long) citizen.

Reference the President, anyone (in my view) with the possible exceptions of Harris, Pelosi, HRC and Schummer has a better chance of being a better President than the Idiot and Chief currently occupying the Oval Office. They are all losers. How many of them are from CA?
BTW, how's that Defund the Police working out for you folks out there on the Left Coast?

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-26-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forum member "blackrams" gets tonight's Last Word.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2022 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Forum member "blackrams" gets tonight's Last Word.

No idea who Lawrence O'Donnell is, will have to look him up.
Based on previous comments/posts "rinselberg" has made and not knowing anything about Mr. O'Donnell, I'm not real sure how to take the quoted post.
Doesn't really matter, I don't read most of "rinselberg's" long winded posts. That's just being honest.

Edited: Well, after researching Mr. O'Donnell, I must consider "rinselber's" post as a personal insult. Not quite as insulting as has been directed against others but close.
But, that's OK. He's welcome to his opinion. Everyone has the right to be wrong.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-27-2022).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay