Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Ukraine says it damaged Russian flagship, crew evacuates (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ukraine says it damaged Russian flagship, crew evacuates by blackrams
Started on: 04-14-2022 05:49 PM
Replies: 42 (531 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 05-06-2022 06:10 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2022 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ukraine says it damaged Russian flagship, crew evacuates
https://www.aol.com/news/ne...33667-103622392.html

And Now:

It's sitting on the bottom of the Black Sea. Russians munitions caught on fire damaging the ship, the crew evacuated and while it was being towed in, it sank.

Anyone wonder why those munitions caught fire. Coincidence? I think not.

Rams
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2022 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Meet the Neptune, meet the Neptune
Step right up and greet the Neptune

"Meet The Neptune: Ukraine’s Homemade Cruise Missile That Struck The Moskva"
Stavros Atlamazoglou for 1945; April 14, 2022.
https://www.19fortyfive.com...t-struck-the-moskva/

Brief report, includes photo image of Neptune missile in flight.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-14-2022).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2022 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Meet the Neptune, meet the Neptune
Step right up and greet the Neptune

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the story, that it was Ukraine that caused the fire aboard the ship by striking it with a missile. Nevertheless...

"Meet The Neptune: Ukraine’s Homemade Cruise Missile That Struck The Moskva"
Stavros Atlamazoglou for 1945; April 14, 2022.
https://www.19fortyfive.com...t-struck-the-moskva/

Brief report, includes photo image of Neptune missile in flight.

Obviously, the Ukrainians want credit and the Russians won't admit it if, the Ukrainians were actually responsible.
But, if I were a betting man...............
Heard today that the entire Russian Black Sea fleet has backed up and moved further out to sea. Truth or not, it doesn't take a genius to come up with the reason.

Rams
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2022 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2022 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

History doesn't always repeat, but sometimes it rhymes.

An interesting narrative of what could happen under Putin. I guess we shall see..............

Rams
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2022 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hesitate to call it wishful thinking, because when things blow up, no one can be sure where the embers will land. But, the "new world order" may not look the way some have planned.

We gave the bolsheviks a whole century and this is their legacy. It is past time to move on. Are you listening, children of the left?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-14-2022).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2022 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hesitate to call it wishful thinking, because when things blow up, no one can be sure where the embers will land. But, the "new world order" may not look the way some have planned.

We gave the bolsheviks a whole century and this is their legacy. It is past time to move on. Are you listening, children of the left?

Hard to say but, I'm thinking we should send Speaker Pelosi and Senator Schummer along with VP Harris over to investigate, call it a Peace Keeping Mission.
I mean really, what could go wrong..........

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-14-2022).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2022 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Ukraine says it damaged Russian flagship, crew evacuates And Now: It's sitting on the bottom of the Black Sea.

Sourpuss would've reported that it was a Russian trawler that was sunk.

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2022 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2022 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

https://youtu.be/2I91DJZKRxs

In this case it would seem that a bigger boat makes for a bigger target.

Rams
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2022 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

!
Somehow, the big news isn't the bad news that the Moscow was sunk, it's about the zero evidence.
Only satellite or drone imagery could provide it's position in the Black Sea, offshore Ukraine.
Withholding that proof from the world seems sympathetic to Putin's forces.
I next want to see a nuke sub pop up to get air, then surrender.
Yeah.
This war will escalate exponentially, and soon.
Yikes !
Magneto Hydrodynamic Propulsion

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2022 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:

Somehow, the big news isn't the bad news that the Moscow was sunk, it's about the zero evidence.

At some point in the future, someone will find the Moscow and we'll know the truth. My bet is on the Ukrainian story.

Rams

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2022 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At some point in the future, someone will find the Moscow and we'll know the truth. My bet is on the Ukrainian story.

Rams

I get it, but there have been quite a few bull stories that have came from the Ukraine side on this war so far.

I once again would like to repeat that I think BOTH SIDES are worthless, and neither should be supported.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2022 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:

I next want to see a nuke sub pop up to get air, then surrender.
Yeah.

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2022 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Obviously, the Ukrainians want credit and the Russians won't admit it if, the Ukrainians were actually responsible.
But, if I were a betting man...............
Heard today that the entire Russian Black Sea fleet has backed up and moved further out to sea. Truth or not, it doesn't take a genius to come up with the reason.

Rams

Having served on both a carrier as well as destroyers, I quickly learned that one of the major consequences of a missile hit (other than the obvious warhead explosion) is fire from the contents of the ship (furnishings, fuel, supplies. etc.). The remaining missile fuel often ignites the ships combustible contents after the strike and the resulting fire can do as much or more damage that the warhead explosion.

Nelson
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2022 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Having served on both a carrier as well as destroyers, I quickly learned that one of the major consequences of a missile hit (other than the obvious warhead explosion) is fire from the contents of the ship (furnishings, fuel, supplies. etc.). The remaining missile fuel often ignites the ships combustible contents after the strike and the resulting fire can do as much or more damage that the warhead explosion.

Nelson

Of this, I have no doubt. I view naval vessels as floating fuel and ammo dumps.

Rams
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2022 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Recent reports suggest it is no longer a surface ship...
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2022 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2022 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long article here, with speculation that two nuclear warheads may have been aboard the sunken warship. And a lot of other "edgy" speculations or ideas about the fate of the warship's crew and officers, and other officers in the Russian navy's chain of command. I wouldn't "run with this" myself, if I were anchoring one of those cable TV news shows. But I offer this for those among us who like these kinds of reports.

"Russia's 'broken arrow': Fears that NUCLEAR MISSILES sank with Putin's flagship Moskva amid claims that 452 of the 510 crew have drowned and top admiral has been arrested after cruiser was 'hit by Ukrainian missile'"

Will Stewart, Chris Plesance and Chris Jewers for the Daily Mail; April 15, 2022.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk...ar-weapons-sank.html

And here's another report, one day later, from the Daily Mail. Looking kind of "tabloid" to me, this Daily Mail.

"Doomed Moskva Russia warship is 'seen burning in satellite image' after Ukraine missile strike 'killed ALL 510 aboard' Putin's Black Sea flagship"
Jack Wright and Chris Jewers for the Daily Mail; April 16, 2022.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk...satellite-image.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-16-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2022 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2022 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uh, you do realize that's a video simulation and the ship was 30 miles off the coast, right?
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2022 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Uh, you do realize that's a video simulation and the ship was 30 miles off the coast, right?

The problem with simulations is, rarely do they get much right. As I remember, the attack occurred around 0100 hours local. Unless things are different in Ukraine than in the rest of the world at that latitude, it's pretty dark around 1 AM.

While the Russians have not admitted the reason for the explosion on the Moscow, I personally believe the Ukrainians scored a HIT.

Rams
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2022 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

That's OK, since it's not even the right boat.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2022 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2022 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update on Russian Navy frigate Moskva "No, that's not going to buff right out"

Report that as many as 40 crew members are known to have died, with "many" more injured or missing.

Families of crew members have not received timely information from the Russian government and are active on social media, trying to fill in the gaps.

"Sinking of Russian warship raises tense questions about fate of crew"

Some families report sailors dead or missing in Moskva sinking despite Defense Ministry claim that all were evacuated

Jeanne Whalen and Mary Ilyushina for the Washington Post; April 18, 2022.
https://www.washingtonpost....ship-crew-survivors/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-18-2022).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2022 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The sinking of the Moscow was an eye opener to the Russians, no doubt but, it should be a wake up call to the Navies of NATO also.

How good do air defense systems have to be to defeat incoming missiles? Not being a Navy dude, I don't have a clue and what I did know about ADA is ancient history now.
Putting it as succinctly as I know how, if it can be done to the Russian Flag Ship, it can be done to our own carriers.
Our carrier Fleet is where we put most of our efforts in showing the flag. Yeah, there's still those submarine things with total destruction of life powers but, they don't show the flag all that much. At least, they aren't supposed to.

Rams
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2022 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Big ocean going tug / fireboat behind the cruiser in images above:

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-18-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2022 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

!
So,
we use a fast hydrofoil kamikaze to puncture the hull midships, 240 kph at night, 1000 kg of Semtex, below the waterline.
How many can you build ?
Graphite ?
ok

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2022 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2022 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^ ^^^
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2022 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's one I could build, and as scale modelers go, I'm at the very bottom in terms of skills and know-how.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-20-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2022 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The one article to read on the aftermath of the Moskva sinking, if you only wanted to read one article.

"With sunken warship, Russian disinformation faces a test."
Neil MacFarquhar and Alina Lobzina for the New York Times; April 21, 2022.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...-disinformation.html

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2022 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"U.S. [battlefield intelligence] helped Ukraine sink Russian flagship Moskva, [U.S.] officials say"
Ken Dilanian, Courtney Kube and Carol E. Lee for NBC News; May 5, 2022.
https://www.nbcnews.com/pol...icials-say-rcna27559

Duh! I don't know why these unnamed U.S. officials are finally admitting it now.

I thought the idea of the Biden administration's Task Force KleptoCapture was to seize the Russian oligarchs' yachts as forfeited assets—not sink them. They're not going to get much from this "Moskva" and most of it would have to go to the salvage operators.

"Prove me wrong"
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2022 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"U.S. [battlefield intelligence] helped Ukraine sink Russian flagship Moskva, [U.S.] officials say"
Ken Dilanian, Courtney Kube and Carol E. Lee for NBC News; May 5, 2022.
https://www.nbcnews.com/pol...icials-say-rcna27559

Duh! I don't know why these unnamed U.S. officials are finally admitting it now.

I thought the idea of the Biden administration's Task Force KleptoCapture was to seize the Russian oligarchs' yachts as forfeited assets—not sink them. They're not going to get much from this "Moskva" and most of it would have to go to the salvage operators.

"Prove me wrong"

Some people just need to keep their GD trap shut.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2022 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You don't know why because, like most all Leftists, you don't know anything about the military.

You don't know why because you don't know that the Russian Black Sea Fleet, (Chernomorsky flot), is right now bottled up in it's port at Sevastapol with torpedo nets around their ships and a massive amount of AAA guarding them and we would like to keep them there.

You don't know why because, knowing nothing about the military, you don't know anything about the value of the tactical or strategic release of intelligence information to an adversary, and knowing nothing about those things you are unaware of and unable to correlate the simultaneous strategic media release of intel that the U.S. also helped Ukraine with ground targeting data that enabled them to hit and kill at least a dozen Russian generals since the war began.

None of the many, many things that you don't know about the military, its weapons or strategy and tactics will stop you from now cutting and pasting endless trivial and irrelevant "Leftist book reports" in this thread....

"Prove me wrong"

That effortless task was accomplished a long time ago and remains done.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-05-2022).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2022 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some people just need to keep their GD trap shut.

Originally posted by randye:

...you don't know anything about the value of the tactical or strategic release of intelligence information to an adversary, and knowing nothing about those things you are unaware of and unable to correlate the simultaneous strategic media release of intel that the U.S. also helped Ukraine with ground targeting data that enabled them to hit and kill at least a dozen Russian generals since the war began.

If I was Willie, I'd be a little ticked off being talked down to like that.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2022 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is Reply message #36 on this thread. Reply-35 (to improvise some referential notation) is from Patrick, and if it were not for my having read Reply-35, from Patrick, where Patrick quotes a sentence from Reply-34, I would not have any conscious awareness of anything that was said in Reply-34, which is from the "randye" account. I had been careful to scroll over or scroll beyond Reply-34 in such a way that I would not be aware of anything that was part of Reply-34, other than it's provenance from the "randye" account.

Reply-33 is from "williegoat", and in considering whether there is a logical and thoughtful response to Reply-33 from "williegoat" and Reply-35 from Patrick—but not Reply-34, from the "randye" account, which is not part of my observable universe, so to speak—I have this:

"A Message to the Biden Team on Ukraine: Talk Less"
Thomas L. Friedman for the New York Times; May 3, 2022.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...n/biden-ukraine.html

Taking advantage of the modern technological marvel of "Copy and Paste", I offer the beginning and the end of this Op(-)Ed or Opinion and Editorial-style column from Thomas L. Friedman; to wit:

THE BEGINNING

Growing up in Minnesota, I was a huge fan of the local N.H.L. team at the time, the North Stars, and they had a sportscaster, Al Shaver, who gave me my first lesson in politics and military strategy. He ended his shows with this sign-off: “When you lose, say little. When you win, say less. Goodnight and good sports.”

President Biden and his team would do well to embrace Shaver’s wisdom.

THE END

In foreign affairs, success breeds authority and credibility, and credibility and authority breed more success. Just restoring Ukraine’s sovereignty, and frustrating Putin’s military there, would be a huge achievement with lasting dividends. Al Shaver knew what he was talking about: When you lose, say little. When you win, say less. Everyone can see the score.

I leave you (whoever you might be) to ponder the question of whether you have been well-served by your decision to read this message, which as I said at the outset, is Reply-36. Assuming that you did decide to read this message.

The world now waits upon the possibility of Reply-37.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-06-2022).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2022 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reply #37 posted.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2022 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's up to me,
to take the bait.
So this will be,
Number thirty-eight.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2022 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"CNN asks [Pentagon spokesperson John] Kirby about US intel used by Ukraine to sink Russian warship"
https://www.cnn.com/videos/...sts/top-news-videos/

"I did not have sex with that woman."

"If the glove does not fit, you must acquit"

“I am confident [that] I never sent nor received any information [using my private email server] that was classified at the time it was sent and received,”

This is not a war or an invasion. It's a special military operation to de-Nazify Ukraine.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-06-2022).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock