Fuel line and brake leak on 92 S10 by longjonsilver
Started on: 02-12-2019 11:05 AM
Replies: 2 (116 views)
Last post by: longjonsilver on 03-04-2019 11:12 AM
longjonsilver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2019 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 92 S10 brakes failed and there was no fluid in the front part of the master cylinder. Is this the front brakes that are leaking? There seems to be a puddle of brake fluid on the right front but too far in back of the wheel to be the brake hose. Any ideas?

Secondly, while my truck was in my garage to be worked on in the warmth, i smelled gas and saw a puddle of gas under the drivers side door. The hose that (i think) comes from the throttle body back to the fuel tank was leaking, seemingly thru the metal fitting that connects the rubber hose to the hard fuel line. It has two hexes for wrenches and can be detached, BUT the rear is a clamp. What to do?

thanks in advance
jon

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2019 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i located the fuel leak and fixed it. Any ideas on the brakes? Why would the fluid be low in the front compartment of the master cylinder? Are the front brakes leaking?
thanks
jon

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2019 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i found the leak at the right rear. Brake line rusted thru. Gotta get the bleeder screw out and i can't find the right socket. 7mm is too small, 8mm too large. 9/32 too small, 5/16 too large.
What size do i use?
thanks
jon

------------------

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock